Alex Salmond Monument - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alex Salmond Monument

I heard on a well trusted forum (think it was called Rangers Media or something) that after Salmond proclaims himself El Presidente For Life, he's going to have a massive sculpture of his head carved into the side of Ben Nevis - a bit like Mt. Rushmore in America. I heard he also plans an official 'We Love The Leader' day, with marches and flypasts etc.

I heard on a well trusted forum (think it was called Rangers Media or something) that after Salmond proclaims himself El Presidente For Life, he's going to have a massive sculpture of his head carved into the side of Ben Nevis - a bit like Mt. Rushmore in America. I heard he also plans an official 'We Love The Leader' day, with marches and flypasts etc.

These are cracking Ideas Dave, did you get the impression when reading that they are beginning to come onside? ;)

These are cracking Ideas Dave, did you get the impression when reading that they are beginning to come onside? ;)

They were beside themselves with excitement. Actually, it might have been apoplectic swivel-eyed rage, but at least they're engaging in the debate ;)

Virtually every - almost bar none - Englander I speak to believes that the FM is a Pol Pot-esque figure just waiting to take Scotland back to Year Zero.

And the closer the independence vote comes, the more rabid in their beliefs - that he is a tyrant - many become.

I'm now waiting for another verse of GStQ to be added - mach akin to the Marshall Wade version - that will berate, mock and ridicule Eck, before the buggers get put back into their collective box, this time (hopefully) for ever.

That said, I worked on a job yesterday with a snapper - called Iain - whose extended family is very much split on the issue.

For himself, an English-born man with a Scottish mother, he reckoned 'we' have only ourselves to blame if we don't make a fist of this.

Forget 1979, this is 2014 and could be our last chance to forge our own futures and identity.

Virtually every - almost bar none - Englander I speak to believes that the FM is a Pol Pot-esque figure just waiting to take Scotland back to Year Zero.

And the closer the independence vote comes, the more rabid in their beliefs - that he is a tyrant - many become.

I'm now waiting for another verse of GStQ to be added - mach akin to the Marshall Wade version - that will berate, mock and ridicule Eck, before the buggers get put back into their collective box, this time (hopefully) for ever.

That said, I worked on a job yesterday with a snapper - called Iain - whose extended family is very much split on the issue.

For himself, an English-born man with a Scottish mother, he reckoned 'we' have only ourselves to blame if we don't make a fist of this.

Forget 1979, this is 2014 and could be our last chance to forge our own futures and identity.

All massively popular political leaders get called dictators by their opponents. Start at 5m 40secs in....

http://youtu.be/8w4PoQbgUiA?t=5m40s