Undecideds - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Some of these people really get on my tits. Fair enough if they think they have a difficult decision to make but some of them are just too fooking thick to make a decision. "there's not enough information" - eh??? there's loads of stuff but they just cant be arsed to look and none of us can give them a definite - we don't have a crystal ball.

Then there's the type who just want the attention because it seems like they are the important people who will be given the attention.

Unfortunately these people wwill remain the ones who we need to pander to - but all the same I'm fookin sick of them.

If you put that on Facebook I would click Like

People should also have to take a quick test at the polling station to make sure they understand what this vote is actually about. I'm sure some of them are in for a surprise when they don't see Scottish National Party or Alex Salmond on the ballot paper... :banghead:

Some of these people really get on my tits. Fair enough if they think they have a difficult decision to make but some of them are just too fooking thick to make a decision. "there's not enough information" - eh??? there's loads of stuff but they just cant be arsed to look and none of us can give them a definite - we don't have a crystal ball.

Then there's the type who just want the attention because it seems like they are the important people who will be given the attention.

Unfortunately these people wwill remain the ones who we need to pander to - but all the same I'm fookin sick of them.

Utter pish.

At least I'l be able vote Yes.

I might not be able to vote but at least I'll have had a hand in influencing some people to vote yes. instead of being some annoying smart arse dick who thinks he is cleverer than anyone else with constant shitey one line criticisms.

I might not be able to vote but at least I'll have had a hand in influencing some people to vote yes. instead of being some annoying smart arse dick who thinks he is cleverer than anyone else with constant shitey one line criticisms.

Good influencing skills in the first post Mr Smooth, oh aye and I don't think I'm cleverer than you.

I know a few undecideds. They genuinely have no awareness of politics and how it effects them. They can't go looking for info as they don't even know what questions to ask in the first place.

I've told a few of those types to just google 'referendum questions'. The very first hit is this:

http://scotreferendum.com/questions-and-answers/

Everything they need to know. It drives me fuckin nuts that in this day and age people complain that there's not enough information. It's not as if they need to trawl through books and newspapers at the library any more. Sheesh! :angry:

Even with access to all this information, it's not a straightforward choice for everyone.

There's also the situation where in my opinion, the starting point is the status quo (ie no or not voting), and you need to be convinced to vote yes, or vote at all for that matter.

I've spoken to people, and was in the situation myself where I was swaying towards yes, but could see the merit in some of the better arguments from the No side.

There's also the fact that politicians tell lies, people don't know who and what to believe.

While in my opinion the No campaign has been overly negative and the scare stories laughable, on the other hand some of the Yes supporters (rather than the campaign itself) have been a bit too vociferous and in your face with it, which some people are finding a turn off.

I've told a few of those types to just google 'referendum questions'. The very first hit is this:

Everything they need to know. It drives me fuckin nuts that in this day and age people complain that there's not enough information. It's not as if they need to trawl through books and newspapers at the library any more. Sheesh! :angry:

You misunderstand my point. They're not saying there isn't enough information, they simply don't understand politics. You can try and convince them with the simplest of analogies, but all they're seeing from it is an onslaught of information from everyone on both sides that they just don't get, and in reality have no interest in. Some of these 'types' I actually care about so it's a difficult thing trying to slowly convince them, without them feeling they're getting it all chucked at them and reacting against it. They have pride, they're just not used to engaging in anything like this. They feel that they should vote in this, whereas normally in any election they usually wouldn't, they just haven't a clue what they're voting for and don't have any idea as to how to make a decision about it.

You misunderstand my point. They're not saying there isn't enough information, they simply don't understand politics. You can try and convince them with the simplest of analogies, but all they're seeing from it is an onslaught of information from everyone on both sides that they just don't get, and in reality have no interest in. Some of these 'types' I actually care about so it's a difficult thing trying to slowly convince them, without them feeling they're getting it all chucked at them and reacting against it. They have pride, they're just not used to engaging in anything like this. They feel that they should vote in this, whereas normally in any election they usually wouldn't, they just haven't a clue what they're voting for and don't have any idea as to how to make a decision about it.

Like Baldrick when elected to the House of Commons, ends up voting against Prince George.

J

I tend not to agree with Alex Massie but his view on undecided voters is one that i agree with

There are nowhere near as many as is made out

I think there are still quite a lot who haven't bothered to think about it yet. Some folk have busy lives and other interests. Loads of folk just cannot stand anything to do with politics.

There are without doubt a huge number of "can't be bothered to vote" types. It's maybe a wee bit ironic that these could be the folk who decide this referendum if we can persuade enough of them to go and put an X in a box.

Loads of folk don't have access to that sort of stuff for one reason or another. These are the folk we should be targeting with the Wee Blue Books.