Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland

So the change in the law and associated social and business impact has helped catch an extra 4% of drink drivers!

Perhaps a couple more years of figures like these will lead to a review?...

I doubt it.

The figures could suggest that folk who have/had 1 drink and drive aren't really the problem.

They've put the fear of God into people, but the reality is, the same amount of people are being caught, and the vast majority were over the old limit aswell.

I'd be interested to know, although I doubt such figures are available, how many of the people caught were "morning after" versus folk that have had a few drinks and jumped straight behind the wheel.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hardcore didn't pay any attention to the old limit - it was pointed out at the time that they were extremely unlikely to heed the new one either.

I'm surprised at the number of people breathalysed - the festive anti drink-drive campaign seemed very low key.

Edited by Charlie Endell

A lot of people have stopped having one or two and driving but i dont think it will stop the real idiots.

Agree about xmas tine though, i didnt see one stop zone or whatever they are called. The previous few years there were always cops about barrhead stopping folk but nothing at all this year