The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 39 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

I suppose it does aye, particularly in pubs that sell food, smelly dogs lying about, hairs everywhere, it's not pleasant at all. 

For me it’s children in pubs,/cafes,/restaurants, especially ones still in nappies. Why people think it’s okay to take things that literally shit and pee themselves whenever they feel like it out where food and drink is served is disgusting. Don’t mind those microwave food pub places with play park outside as you know what you’re getting if daft enough to go when childless but shouldn’t be allowed otherwise. Maybe a couple of hours early morning or after lunch for training of children until they’re 18 and allowed in properly . 

35 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I now avoid Cafe Nerro as the one in Broughty Ferry is always crammed wi feckin dugs. And owners who think everyone else should love their dugs. Get your cunting dug away from my feet as I walk past with boiling liquid or I will kick it's cunting face.

Cafe Nero? Cunts who go to Starbucks or Cafe Nero are for the watching. :lol:

I can just about put up with dogs in pubs as long as they keep them away from me (I have a bad allergy to them) but they never do & then think you’re being a git when you try to brush them away. And probably the half dozen times in my life I’ve come closest to violence have usually been with some simpering idiot saying “don’t worry he won’t hurt you” while I’m wondering how I’m going to get all the hairs off my clothes before I end up in A&E. Even worse when they’re shouting it across a field from 300 yards away.

4 hours ago, Mox said:

Anyone (guide dogs and the blind exempt obviously) who takes an animal on public transport, cretins of the highest order.

you're an animal as well though. You think public transport should be single species? Check this out. Dug can take itself to the park and some users can't even make their own coffee. So they get marked up 1000% of cost to get an adult to make it for them.

35 minutes ago, phart said:

you're an animal as well though. You think public transport should be single species? Check this out. Dug can take itself to the park and some users can't even make their own coffee. So they get marked up 1000% of cost to get an adult to make it for them.

Edited by Ormond

12 hours ago, G-Man said:

For me it’s children in pubs,/cafes,/restaurants, especially ones still in nappies. Why people think it’s okay to take things that literally shit and pee themselves whenever they feel like it out where food and drink is served is disgusting. Don’t mind those microwave food pub places with play park outside as you know what you’re getting if daft enough to go when childless but shouldn’t be allowed otherwise. Maybe a couple of hours early morning or after lunch for training of children until they’re 18 and allowed in properly . 

I don't have a problem with weans in pubs/restaurants as such but it's when they're allowed to run around the place like it's a soft play or if it's a younger kid sitting screaming it's lungs out when they parents have no consideration for the other customers that rips my knitting.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't have a problem with weans in pubs/restaurants as such but it's when they're allowed to run around the place like it's a soft play or if it's a younger kid sitting screaming it's lungs out when they parents have no consideration for the other customers that rips my knitting.

I agree about letting them run around restaurants, unless of course it’s that kind of establishment, but if they’re crying/acting up it’s probably worse for the parents, they not only have to try and deal with it, but also whilst getting dirty looks from the likes of yourself and thinking they’re a bad parent.

ironically people criticise folk for handing them tablets to sit in front of too, which are great for keeping them quiet in their seat.

Personally I go for the compromise of having the tablet in the bag for later on when they start getting bored/restless.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I agree about letting them run around restaurants, unless of course it’s that kind of establishment, but if they’re crying/acting up it’s probably worse for the parents, they not only have to try and deal with it, but also whilst getting dirty looks from the likes of yourself and thinking they’re a bad parent.

ironically people criticise folk for handing them tablets to sit in front of too, which are great for keeping them quiet in their seat.

Personally I go for the compromise of having the tablet in the bag for later on when they start getting bored/restless.

A good firm slap then put in the car and told the big bad man is coming to take them to a wee island where they only get bread and butter to eat and battered awake every morning is what they need. If parents no longer do that then just feck off until your wean is old enough to drink cider and fall asleep under the table. I’d never criticise parents giving children tablets, rohypnol would be my advice. 

16 minutes ago, G-Man said:

A good firm slap then put in the car and told the big bad man is coming to take them to a wee island where they only get bread and butter to eat and battered awake every morning is what they need. If parents no longer do that then just feck off until your wean is old enough to drink cider and fall asleep under the table. I’d never criticise parents giving children tablets, rohypnol would be my advice. 

Has Brant Grebner hacked your account? :lol:

21 minutes ago, G-Man said:

:-)) It worked for my 7 daughters.

I don’t think we should reserve this just for restaurants. I’m sat on a train with a screaming wean behind me. To be fair though, it doesn’t take much to quieten down a bored or tired child without whacking them.

Sat once on a train with a young father and his toddler son. Father talked non stop to the wee man all the way, pointing stuff out, getting his interest, teaching him stuff. Pleasure sitting near them.

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Has Brant Grebner hacked your account? :lol:

Brant is the big bad man they should be threatened with! 

3 hours ago, Bobster said:

:-)) It worked for my 7 daughters.

I don’t think we should reserve this just for restaurants. I’m sat on a train with a screaming wean behind me. To be fair though, it doesn’t take much to quieten down a bored or tired child without whacking them.

Sat once on a train with a young father and his toddler son. Father talked non stop to the wee man all the way, pointing stuff out, getting his interest, teaching him stuff. Pleasure sitting near them.

Away with all this modern day bringing up weans sheite and instead take a leaf out of the book of those pillars of society, The Turpin's. 

Tell the truth, you’re the dad in the story and you’re just fishing for good parenting compliments? 7 girls and a boy, jings if you’re as fertile as that just now think what you’ll be like with another 3 inches! B)

On 11/09/2017 at 3:21 PM, Parklife said:

Rita? I <3 Rita. I went in the huff and didn't watch series 5 for months after they killed her off :lol: 

Just finished the last series. I now know how you felt, I lost my favourite  character. May need to join a support group 😢

Pretty shit ending for such a great series I thought. 

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

People who say they don't support a club team, they only support Scotland. These fuckers are for the watching

Those are the “No Scotland no party” dickheads. The type who get together for annual (insert name)TA group gatherings. 

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Just finished the last series. I now know how you felt, I lost my favourite  character. May need to join a support group 😢

Pretty shit ending for such a great series I thought. 

Yeah, ending was definitely disappointing. They seemed to be desperate to keep it open for the possibility of the show returning. 

Michael C Hall is brilliant. I went to see him in Lazarus in London last year too. Despite the bizarre story-line (meant to follow on from the bizarre "Man Who Fell To Earth" movie that Bowie was in in the 70's), Michael C Hall and Bowie's music made it brilliant. 

More on airports, not sure why people need to have their toes and trolleys touching the luggage carousel? If you stand a couple of yards back, you can step forward when you see your luggage, makes things a lot easier for everyone.

Perhaps there could be some sort of airport etiquette certificate required to get a passport? As I’m sure a large proportion of the stress associated with travelling is caused by people turning into ignorant selfish animals the minute they set foot inside an airport.

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

People who say they don't support a club team, they only support Scotland. These fuckers are for the watching

How can you like football and not have a team?

I don’t get it either.

I wonder if it’s people who weren’t that bothered about football as a kid, and have got an interest later on are more prone to this?

15 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Agreed.  Up there with people who claim they don't secretly support one of the Old Firm as their big team.  Feckin weirdos.  

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

How can you like football and not have a team?

I don’t get it either.

I wonder if it’s people who weren’t that bothered about football as a kid, and have got an interest later on are more prone to this?

I supported Rangers as a kid, I now only follow Scotland.