Eire / Eng Game - Tickets Wont Be Posted Out !? - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Eire / Eng Game - Tickets Wont Be Posted Out !?

Haggis_trap

Unless I am mistaken it seems that all public sale tickets for the EIRE & Eng games must be picked up at Parkhead on match day ? There didn't seem to be an option online to have them posted out ?
Can someone else please clarify or confirm ?

I emailed the SFA to ask ...

"Sorry we are unable to change your booking now.

Collection information will be issued in due course but will be at Celtic Park on match day only.
Best Wishes
Scotland Supporters Club"
Traveling from Edinburgh on a Friday after work means we wont have much spare time on match day to pick tickets up....
Assume many others will be in a similar situation ?

I can only guess this is a plan to stop touts ?
Or away fans getting into the home end ?
Though for many it is going to be a real hassle.
(FWIW I am an SSC member but bought tickets in the public sale so I could go with non-members - so the SFA have my details on their database but still wont post tickets).
Edited by Haggis_trap

There was an option to select posting them out, took me a while to find it. I bought tickets last night and they are being posted out.

I logged into SSC site though and bought them, it didn't ask for address as they must just send them to the address where my SSC is registered, which is actually my parents house in Inverness but that won't be a huge problem.

Perhaps it was different if you were just buying in public sale without SSC login.

Edited by iainmac1

Phoned the SSC this morning.
They were great over the phone once I got through.

Apparently if you didn't have United Kingdom in the address line then tickets were "pick up" only.
My address is clearly in Edinburgh - but it sounds like a case of the "computer says no".

More annoyingly : The only way for them to post the tickets would have be to cancel the booking in the system and then make a new one.