Trying To Be Upbeat.... - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Trying To Be Upbeat....

Andy North Croy

I'll be watching tomorrow and hoping they win, but something is certainly missing.

Surprised at how resolute regards independence I've been since the No vote. Joined the SNP etc, but the ultimate disapointment in a no vote and those horrible days after it have put me in a bit of limbo regards the National team. Not that I want them to lose or anything, far from it. I hope they play tremendous tomorrow and get a good, convincing win, but at this moment, it's lost a bit of it's zing about it. I'd usually be checking team news, translating opposition papers etc, UEFA´s site and so on - not done a jot. I don't even know who's out or a doubt for us.

At this moment, but maybe by 5pm tomorrow it'll be different, I'm almost indifferent to a loss or a draw. I hope it doesn't happen, but the No vote almost was a final disappointment for now at least and I'm trying to focus energy on things that I can at least have control over and achieve something in - from running, my studies, reading, and not just what 11 men do on a pitch.

It sounds silly, but it's almost like the name Scotland alone has to entice me back in to the fold after one too many disappointments.

I am not giving up though, just right now, I am trying to protect myself from the usual tears and underachievement that Scotland brings.

Saying all that, good luck to the lads and the fans tomorrow. Hope it's a cracking day and we win well.

The negative pish on the board these days is starting to get right on my bristols. We are going to Ibrox (the venue shouldn't make a blind bit of difference) to support our country regardless of the referendum result or whether people are feeling sorry for themselves. Let's get behind the team and leave the dour faces at home.

This is a game of football for a national team that has been in existence for 141 and cannot be hijacked by those with political leanings. The referendum was classed as a once in a generation vote. It was a democratic vote. The majority of those who voted decided on No. Move on.

I'll be at Ibrox supporting Scotland and enjoying a football match.

The negative pish on the board these days is starting to get right on my bristols. We are going to Ibrox (the venue shouldn't make a blind bit of difference) to support our country regardless of the referendum result or whether people are feeling sorry for themselves. Let's get behind the team and leave the dour faces at home.

This is a game of football for a national team that has been in existence for 141 and cannot be hijacked by those with political leanings. The referendum was classed as a once in a generation vote. It was a democratic vote. The majority of those who voted decided on No. Move on.

I'll be at Ibrox supporting Scotland and enjoying a football match.

Agreed

Not read entire until thread... I was so buzzing about national team & saviour before the referndum, feel so deflated about national team. Whether it be for delfish reasons or not I am embarrassed by my coherent tries decision, already got rid of my England ticket,just can't figure it now !!

Heading to Ibrox tomorrow with the boy, as I have done for years now, however despite a cracking team in Scotland colours I can't ever remember ever having felt so downbeat about the match.

After the Referendum I'm still crushed and to be honest a bit embarrassed about being "Scottish".....whatever the f*ck that means nowadays.

The Poland away trip was a possibility but that's been ditched for a family holiday, the England home match is a definite non-starter due to listening to 90 mins of laughter coming from their fans....oh, and the ticket prices.

Ah'm scunnered, p*ssed off and probably depressed................

That's how they want you to feel so you never again try to get free.

Sad sad some people are. Get you head around the fact the team we supported our whole lives are the same team now as they were before a no vote. Unreal. If you don't want to support the team fine but stop pathetic attempt of bringing everyone else with you on sad journey. We are scotland and get behind the team. Sfa this sfa that boo hoo. Pay what it costs to watch the team and day out with pals and ma dad! What it's all about! Ibrox will be rocking without you tulips!

No it won't it will be ten thousand short of capacity.

And your living in fantasy land if you think it's the same as before we voted against nationhood.

We shouldn't have a team and if fifa ever follow their own rules and do away with our team then no one can complain.

National football, national identity, nationhood and politics are all intertwined.

My cousin is taking his 8 year old son to his first ever game today. We are normal guys with normal pays - it's something he has chosen to spend his money's on. Most people wouldn't have grudged paying £50 at local pub last night but won't pay £42 for match ticket. It's what's important to you though. Not everyone can afford to go to Disney world but you find a way to save to do things you want to do. Not everyone can afford to do it but why moan about it and bring the mood down to everyone else who wishes to spend money wisely on Scotland games. In grand scheme of things we hardly fill stadiums anyway even with low ticket prices. It's in line with everyone else in other countries. Eg germany ticket. I travelled to germany and paid 60 on a corner of stadium ticket. Never moaned. Then some members moan about not getting train travel paid for due to collection. Just deal with the fact that you go or don't go. Don't take the enjoyment away from the thousands who still have desire to go. Moan moan moan on Forum.

My cousin is taking his 8 year old son to his first ever game today. We are normal guys with normal pays - it's something he has chosen to spend his money's on. Most people wouldn't have grudged paying £50 at local pub last night but won't pay £42 for match ticket. It's what's important to you though. Not everyone can afford to go to Disney world but you find a way to save to do things you want to do. Not everyone can afford to do it but why moan about it and bring the mood down to everyone else who wishes to spend money wisely on Scotland games. In grand scheme of things we hardly fill stadiums anyway even with low ticket prices. It's in line with everyone else in other countries. Eg germany ticket. I travelled to germany and paid 60 on a corner of stadium ticket. Never moaned. Then some members moan about not getting train travel paid for due to collection. Just deal with the fact that you go or don't go. Don't take the enjoyment away from the thousands who still have desire to go. Moan moan moan on Forum.

You don't half fuckin moan for someone who doesn't like moaning

Here's an idea for Yessers, too late for this game I know, but instead of Boycotting FoS - just sing the 3rd and 4th lines of verse 3 when it comes.

It would make statement of intent and be a kind of audio Poll for Yes v No.

Ideally it would be pipes only until the lines.

An idea for future games?

Edited by chicmac

Right guys. Remember when Scotland was ruled by a bunch of fannies in the Scottish Office and some marble-moued twunt in an old school tie? The national team then was great. We got devo and promptly failed to qualify for another tournament. In fact the closer we got to independence, the worse the team became, until we have to endure the living nightmare that was Craig Levein.

So.

Now we've taken a huge constitutional stumble it means the team is just going to get better and better as we are going to qualify for tournaments again. In fact Strachan is the very man to take us past the group games for the first time ever.

The more shyte you feel about Scotland the country, there's going to be a consolation in Scotland the team.

Well. I didn't know how I'd feel.

The band struck up and I started sing FoS.

Belting it out.

But, you know, I just couldn't sing the second verse.

Wasn't trying to make a statement - take a position - stage a demonstration.....I just couldn't sing it.

But - it sounded good in the stadium. It felt as though those who didn't have a chip on the shoulders about it, gave it laldy.

Well, that's the first one over. Onwards and upwards.

Didn't sing, couldn't sing. Watched the game as if I was watching devronvale v Nairn. Didn't feel a bit of joy at the goal or the result. I want to go back to how I felt pre 18/09

Didn't sing, couldn't sing. Watched the game as if I was watching devronvale v Nairn. Didn't feel a bit of joy at the goal or the result. I want to go back to how I felt pre 18/09

If you can't cheer a Scotland win why go back?

You don't understand where Flumax is coming from? Really?

lot of folk am sure are keen to put it behind them and get on with life

going to be really boring listening to this depressing p1sh for the next 20 years or so until the next vote

Independence goes away if Westminster make good on their promises and Labour are able to deliver the 'social justice' they claimed was more achievable with a no vote.

Trying to sound like a d!ick but Westminster politicians want people to put it behind them and get on with life. Do that and Scotland could let them off the hook.

In terms of football and politics things will settle down in the coming months