Europa league qualifiers - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

2 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

You crabbitt this morning Slasher ?

Na, should have remembered you can't tell the sheep on here anything though. They already know it all. 👍

Hope they enjoy their trip to 1980.

1 hour ago, glasgow jock said:

Aye Burnley is very much like going back in time. . . . . . .hope they knock Burnley out though, have always hated that fucking strip of theirs !!

Anyway it's Friday cheer up ya miserable tart :lol:

Burnley isn't any worse that most post-industrial towns in Scotland.

Burnley isn't that bad.

I do a bit of advertising with them and was at their fixtures release last week. Also went to a few matches last season, including the Blackburn away match.

One thing about Burnley is that almost everyone in Burnley supports them. Pretty impressive considering the amount of big clubs nearby. 

5 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Burnley isn't that bad.

I do a bit of advertising with them and was at their fixtures release last week. Also went to a few matches last season, including the Blackburn away match.

One thing about Burnley is that almost everyone in Burnley supports them. Pretty impressive considering the amount of big clubs nearby. 

It's a shite hole, marginally eclipsed by Bradford.

Mind you a walk through Motherwell precinct is like night of the living dead! 🤔

Edited by slasher

15 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I have always found that impressive. Them and Pompey seem to have that going for them.

And the Barcodes.

11 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

That’s one thing that’s struck me about a lot of towns and cities in England. They do seem to support the local club.

i cant imagine you see many Man Utd, Chelsea or  Liverpool shirts in Sunderland for example.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:46 AM, slasher said:

I have some experience of Burnley. It's a bit of friendly advice, either take it or leave it. 👍

On 6/21/2018 at 9:29 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Thank you. Appreciate that.

21 hours ago, slasher said:

Typical cunty replies. 🙄

20 hours ago, slasher said:

Na, should have remembered you can't tell the sheep on here anything though. They already know it all. 👍

Hope they enjoy their trip to 1980.

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s one thing that’s struck me about a lot of towns and cities in England. They do seem to support the local club.

i cant imagine you see many Man Utd, Chelsea or  Liverpool shirts in Sunderland for example.

I'm not sure that the case in most towns. No idea about Sunderland but Preston is full of Blackburn, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton and Celtic fans. Loads of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans too. 

18 hours ago, Exglasgowasc said:

What would you like to tell me that I may not know?

Feck all, you can find out for yourself.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Scotty if you're going to be a smart arse at least own it. Don't try and backtrack by highlighting half your reply and leaving the cunty bit out.

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

London is the exact opposite. Used to be lots of punters in my work that were Utd, Liverpool, Aston Villa, City, Everton and a few Blackburn lads, all Londoners or home counties folk as well.

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Scotty if you're going to be a smart arse at least own it. Don't try and backtrack by highlighting half your reply and leaving the cunty bit out.

My goodness. Nothing 'c*nty' about my reply at all.

Just trying to indicate that since I've already been to 47 different countries and not lost as much as a penny or a sock, and literally travelled with the football for decades, that I'm not worried at all.

Of course, one has to be careful when anywhere away, but you must realise that I've been to much worse places than Burnley.

(OK... What's your specific advice, then? Is it anything other than 'be careful'?)

My goodness. Nothing 'c*nty' about my reply at all.

Just trying to indicate that since I've already been to 47 different countries and not lost as much as a penny or a sock, and literally travelled with the football for decades, that I'm not worried at all.

Of course, one has to be careful when anywhere away, but you must realise that I've been to much worse places than Burnley.

(OK... What's your specific advice, then? Is it anything other than 'be careful'?)

Fantastic stuff 'Mr. 47 countries'. (who does that btw?)

Patronising, condescending and of course not a hint of self awareness.

Tell us.

No, as I said to ExglasASC you can find out for yourself and that's my last word on the subject. 

:lol:

I still don't understand why think I was being a smart ass.

(I think you've applied a different tone to my words than the one that was intended.)

27 minutes ago, slasher said:

Fantastic stuff 'Mr. 47 countries'. (who does that btw?)

People who have been wanderers all of their life. :wink2:

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

Patronising, condescending...

No, nothing like that.

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

...and of course not a hint of self awareness.

Then how come not even a lost penny or lost sock?

Not even a scratch, in fact.

31 minutes ago, slasher said:

No, as I said to ExglasASC you can find out for yourself and that's my last word on the subject. 

So, "be careful"?

Thank you. Much appreciated. :)

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Do what you like fella.

Well, I'd like to be prepared for bother.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:00 PM, slasher said:

Burnley is the bowels of the feckin universe. Any sheep making the trip should be prepared for bother. 

What precautions should I take?

Always use a condom. 

Won't be an issue.

I don't have any plans to have sex in Burnley.

We don't want any more of you running about!👍

Wasn't it you that was on about the state of replies and folk not owning up to them?

On 6/20/2018 at 2:00 PM, slasher said:

Burnley is the bowels of the feckin universe. Any sheep making the trip should be prepared for bother. 

Do you think that going to Burnley would be worse than a Dandy travelling to play Rangers or Celtic away?