Haifa... Jerusalem... Tel Aviv... - Page 2 - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Haifa... Jerusalem... Tel Aviv...

Rich NATA

15 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I think there are places between the stadium and the centre... 

Firstly, The Duke... Then Frankies... Then The Bear and then Charlies... All in a row...

However, according to Google Maps, you don't hit The Duke until you've been walking an hour 😞

There are four Greig's in Haifa, one near the stadium too :whistling:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/greg+cafe+haifa/@32.7908724,34.9596051,13.12z

http://gregcafe.co.il/

On 6/14/2018 at 9:34 AM, wanderer said:

Read that, but someone was telling me that the border guards do not find it hard to put 1 and 1 together when they see certain exit stamps from Jordan in my passport (especially the King Hussein Bridge/Allenby Bridge, as is one of the major crossing points into Israel by land, and its not hard to guess where I was traveling to with that stamp on my passport)

Hmmm. Guess you’ll have to take the risk. Or buy a new passport. I only ever fly in and out of Ben Gurion Airport. 

Certainly my experience is if you are travelling through or to some “moderate” Arab countries there will be no problem.

I’d guess you’d perhaps have an issue with travelling to Iran or Saudi. But most travellers don’t go there. 

Youd also need an “on it” boarder guard.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Hmmm. Guess you’ll have to take the risk. Or buy a new passport. I only ever fly in and out of Ben Gurion Airport. 

Certainly my experience is if you are travelling through or to some “moderate” Arab countries there will be no problem.

I’d guess you’d perhaps have an issue with travelling to Iran or Saudi. But most travellers don’t go there. 

Youd also need an “on it” boarder guard.

J

There is a full list of places that it would be a issue, and most of them are well off the tourist trek (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon etc... and as  I am doing Lebanon on way out, that is not a issue), which are places I do not expect to visit in my current passports life-span, and most the Arab nations have no issue with visiting Israel.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

There is a full list of places that it would be a issue, and most of them are well off the tourist trek (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon etc... and as  I am doing Lebanon on way out, that is not a issue), which are places I do not expect to visit in my current passports life-span, and most the Arab nations have no issue with visiting Israel.

You'll love Lebanon.

Don't be surprised if after your visit you want to go back.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You'll love Lebanon.

Don't be surprised if after your visit you want to go back.

Only going because my mate from AFC Wimbledon games is of Lebanese origins (his sister runs a hotel over in Beirut and got me the King Suite in her hotel for buttons) and he has been selling the place to me for years, so thought this was the best chance to get a visit in.

Since booking I have discovered that I am not giving it nearly enough time and fully expect I will give it another chance one day 👍

18 hours ago, wanderer said:

Only going because my mate from AFC Wimbledon games is of Lebanese origins (his sister runs a hotel over in Beirut and got me the King Suite in her hotel for buttons) and he has been selling the place to me for years, so thought this was the best chance to get a visit in.

Since booking I have discovered that I am not giving it nearly enough time and fully expect I will give it another chance one day 👍

You will, Oscar, you will.

You'll be thanking your mate profusely for years. Beirut is a marvellous city.