Souh Africa 42 England 39 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Souh Africa 42 England 39

euan2020

Enjoyed watching in my local pub in Cape Town, England geting  beat by South Africa

Carlsberg moment coming back from  24-3 down 

Know the Souh Africa captain Siya Kolisi so was good to see him win as 1s time as captain

8 hours ago, euan2020 said:

might go to game in 2 weeks time for 3rd test

10 quid standing or 50 quid for a seat in the uppe tier

One of the most enjoyable tests for me for a while. At least since the Calcutta cup! 😋

I love going to Newlands - not sure I’d brave the standing though. Not from a trouble point of view, more that some of the characters in there seem rather excitable/ on a different planet, and I can imagine one of them trying to engage with me on one of the finer points of the game before I make my excuses and leave for a pint at Forries.

3 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

One of the most enjoyable tests for me for a while. At least since the Calcutta cup! 😋

I love going to Newlands - not sure I’d brave the standing though. Not from a trouble point of view, more that some of the characters in there seem rather excitable/ on a different planet, and I can imagine one of them trying to engage with me on one of the finer points of the game before I make my excuses and leave for a pint at Forries.

Only been in there once - Supporting Crusaders against Stormers - but then again half the stadium was supporting Crusaders

9 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

So if they support against Stormers, will they be supporting against Boks? How come so many support against Stormers?

Apartheid regime a lot of the coloured supporters, supported New Zealand against South Africa - that Crusaders mach they were all rocking up in NZ tops - seemed like 50% of the stadium was supporting Crusaders

I doubt they will support England - it was more of a case that they were/are all NZ supporters.