Arise Sir Kenny - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

You sound like drama queen but even worse than that you sound like you support the royal family and are typical of the Scots who wish to be subservient. 

The Royal family have absolutely zero influence on anyone's life therefore it is impossible to be subservient to them unless you want to partake in fawning sychophancy which is completely the choice of the individual and yes far too many people do that

Wanting another country to run yours and accept the handouts they deem fit and decisions they take is an entirely different matter 

6 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I have not assumed anything from the team you support, at the end of the day the royal family are scum and have robbed,stole, looted and caused all kinds of suffering to normal ppl. They also have power and influence over the country that any self proffessing democracy should be embarrassed by. You have done nothing but shout abuse and get angry over my opinion which is any Scot who bends the knee for that old witch needs a bullet to the head. If you and others on here want to apologize for the scottish twats who accept knighthoods then that's your choice but imo it's why Scotland has shown over the years to have no backbone and will never be a proper country again. Yes I understand we will still have a monarchy in a indy Scotland but it is a step in the right direction at least and we can make further strides to eradicate the gangsters that British royal family are.

Time and time again you wonder how this board seems to attract intellectual thinkers of such caliber....

Anyway, bring back the flat earth guy. At least he seemed fun, and not like someone sitting at home in a dark damp room in camouflage, polishing his BB gun and dreaming of having the balls to take a pot shot at old liz :lol:

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

Time and time again you wonder how this board seems to attract intellectual thinkers of such caliber....

Anyway, bring back the flat earth guy. At least he seemed fun, and not like someone sitting at home in a dark damp room in camouflage, polishing his BB gun and dreaming of having the balls to take a pot shot at old liz :lol:

U having a dram pal?

Just now, Stu101 said:

A few, yes :lol:

hosting all day, though managed to get to watch a bit of the boxing earlier.

I am on a Glenfiddich.  Watched the programme on Thursday on 78.  I know Rae Finlayson and Jim Todd.  Met them at world cups. Proud to know them. Different sides of the country. But Scottish. And true.

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I am against people wanting to put a bullet in to a Scotland heroes head.  Or anyones head for that matter.  I cant believe you are allowed in the land of the TAMB.  

Not just on this board. In 'real life' and even the internet generally you can't just go around saying people deserve a bullet in the head, period.

Something the TAMB owners/moderators maybe ought to reinforce.

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

You sound like drama queen but even worse than that you sound like you support the royal family and are typical of the Scots who wish to be subservient. 

I think this board is about supporting Scotland, the footballing nation. Drama queens, royalists and 'subservients' are welcome.  

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

He's a drama queen but you are advocating executing folk who accept something you disagree with? 

You really are a special kind of stupid. 

8 hours ago, Stu101 said:

I was reading the Herald comments on this story, there's a guy claiming Kenny and Marina are establishment puppets with their charity work Apparently they both knew all about the truth at Hillsborough and helped to cover it up, as well as the fact that there is a cure for cancer being kept a secret by the powers that be. :blink:

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I was reading the Herald comments on this story, there's a guy claiming Kenny and Marina are establishment puppets with their charity work Apparently they both knew all about the truth at Hillsborough and helped to cover it up, as well as the fact that there is a cure for cancer being kept a secret by the powers that be. :blink:

:lol: You have to wonder about these folk.

Lol no wonder Scotland isn't independent and probably never will be. The attitude to the British state is too soft and this thread is an example of that. Perhaps the bullet in the head was over the top but clearly we have apologists for the monarchy even on a board that is mostly pro independence. Sad days indeed. 

14 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol no wonder Scotland isn't independent and probably never will be. The attitude to the British state is too soft and this thread is an example of that. Perhaps the bullet in the head was over the top but clearly we have apologists for the monarchy even on a board that is mostly pro independence. Sad days indeed. 

Just out of interest, if you were given the choice, would you rather live in an independent Kingdom of Scotland or live in a United Republic of GB & NI? 

13 minutes ago, exile said:

Just out of interest, if you were given the choice, would you rather live in an independent Kingdom of Scotland or live in a United Republic of GB & NI? 

If I had to choose, it would be the first but the royal family and the British establishmemt are very much same and so it's case of me disliking the British establishment rather than just the royal family although I do have contempt for them as well. Ideally a republic of Scotland would be the best option which is what I think Scotland would eventually become if independence was ever achieved. But it will never be achieved and that is becoming ever clearer given the Scots apathy towards the British establishment in comparison to other countries who have had battle and lose lives in order to obtain independence from Britain. I think our country must have benefited far too much from the empires colonialism and I think this thread is a fine example of this apathy. It's clear the Scots have neither the backbone nor the bitterness needed to take their country back.

21 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

If I had to choose, it would be the first but the royal family and the British establishmemt are very much same and so it's case of me disliking the British establishment rather than just the royal family although I do have contempt for them as well. Ideally a republic of Scotland would be the best option which is what I think Scotland would eventually become if independence was ever achieved. But it will never be achieved and that is becoming ever clearer given the Scots apathy towards the British establishment in comparison to other countries who have had battle and lose lives in order to obtain independence from Britain. I think our country must have benefited far too much from the empires colonialism and I think this thread is a fine example of this apathy. It's clear the Scots have neither the backbone nor the bitterness needed to take their country back.

Your analytical skills are clearly wasted on the TAMB.

They are certainly out of place on a thread about Kenny Dalglish.

I thought he might have refused due to the Hillsborough disgrace. Ive always seen it as an ‘award’ from the state, not really the Queen herself 

However, its a personal choice and no skin of my nose. As a Scotland player I idolised growing up thats not going to change just because he gets an award. Be that a Knighthood, Oscar or a cycling profiency badge.

Dougal McFuming  threatening to shoot him in the dead is top notch twattery 😂

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Apologists for the monarchy? 😀 

Because people don't have the same extremely moronic opinion as you? 

The reason Scotland isn't independent is because of the older generation that identifies itself as British. They are however dying out (naturally, so you can put your gun away) and the younger generation is much more pro independence. 

Idiots like you, however, don't help us persuade the doubters because of your lack of actual argument. Violence and talk of violence sways no one and only engenders the equal and opposite reaction in those that have the other side of the argument. Any idiot can pick that up from the problems in Northern Ireland. 

46 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The reason Scotland isn't independent is because of the older generation that identifies itself as British. They are however dying out (naturally, so you can put your gun away) and the younger generation is much more pro independence. 

Idiots like you, however, don't help us persuade the doubters because of your lack of actual argument. Violence and talk of violence sways no one and only engenders the equal and opposite reaction in those that have the other side of the argument. Any idiot can pick that up from the problems in Northern Ireland. 

Spot on.

58 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

There will be united Ireland long before an independent Scotland. The ppl actually had to fight and die for their cause and therefore have much stronger resolution. The Scots on the other hand cannot even vote their way to freedom. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

There will be united Ireland long before an independent Scotland. The ppl actually had to fight and die for their cause and therefore have much stronger resolution. The Scots on the other hand cannot even vote their way to freedom. 

Nonsense. There will never be a united Ireland while dinosaurs like Foster, Robinson and Paisley Jr are elected to represent that community. As long as they are given a voice, it ain't happening. A cure for the Summertime Blues will be discovered long before these bigots are ever cleansed from the island of Ireland.

An independent Scotland will happen before than as a result of Brexit being rammed down our throats and a majority of the Scottish voting public waking up to what many of us have known for years.

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Your analytical skills are clearly wasted on the TAMB.

They are certainly out of place on a thread about Kenny Dalglish.

It is a thread about his knighthood to be fair.

I'm not sure McC85 meant folk to take him literally, and seems to have withdrawn the remark.

Myself, I'll understate that I'm extremely disappointed that a great man should accept this.   Kowtowing, maybe even smelling the glove :whistling:

11 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

It is a thread about his knighthood to be fair.

I'm not sure McC85 meant folk to take him literally, and seems to have withdrawn the remark.

Myself, I'll understate that I'm extremely disappointed that a great man should accept this.   Kowtowing, maybe even smelling the glove :whistling:

I'm glad you and I can agree that Kenny Dalglish is a great man.

That's what this thread is about, after all.

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

If I had to choose, it would be the first 

So you'd settle for being a subject of the crown then.

I wouldn't call that being an apologist for the monarchy...  but that's the point, it's not a black and white issue and labelling your compatriots spineless (many of whom you'd be trying to convert to the cause of independence) probably doesn't help.  

13 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Probably doesn’t know any better.

Harmless in the grand scheme of things. 

Yeah, if him and his family think this is a great honour then I feel sorry for them as they clearly don't know any better, but im not going to have sleepless nights about it.