Seaon ticket sales - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Looks like a lot of teams thriving this summer going by Twitter.

Hearts and Hibs both smashed 10,000+ sales, Celtic with a waiting list and sold 50,000+, Rangers sold 45,000+. Killie have sold more than 3,000 by start of June and that's more than we had by season starting last season. I'd expect us to shift 4,000+ season tickets which is not bad for us.

44 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye Killie are starting the season with basically same starting 11 as last season. 

Unheard of.

Motherwell should be there or there abouts too, supplementing the squad rather than rebuilding, again unheard of in recent times.

Any of the more senior among us know when season tickets became a thing? I know my dad started getting one mid 90s. Not sure if he didn’t have one before then for financial reasons or if it just wasn’t really a thing people did.

Crowd wanking is a far more recent phenomenon.

:lol:

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell should be there or there abouts too, supplementing the squad rather than rebuilding, again unheard of in recent times.

Any of the more senior among us know when season tickets became a thing? I know my dad started getting one mid 90s. Not sure if he didn’t have one before then for financial reasons or if it just wasn’t really a thing people did.

It’s not really, we took 2m to Seville in 2003.

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I got my first one in 91.

My dad had one well before that though. I'm sure Killie had them in the 60s.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

27 minutes ago, Parsno1 said:

Last week 2833 sold at Dunfermline. I would expect that to raise quickly once more signings are made. Bit of discontent from some fans at the players that are leaving.

That's cracking for the Championship.

We're at 3,250. Early bird offers finish at end of the month so I'd expect to be closer to 4,000 by then which is not bad for us. In recent years anyway. Think our record is 6,000+

47 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We're at 3,250. Early bird offers finish at end of the month so I'd expect to be closer to 4,000 by then which is not bad for us. In recent years anyway. Think our record is 6,000+

Good to see things on the way back up. I might even make it down for a few games this year. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

we sold 3587 last season. Think we had the 10th best average attendance in Scotland

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, I saw something that said that.

Guy in my work who's a Pars man said it was counting free tickets even if not attendance though?

under 12's get a free season ticket. Most clubs included season tickets in match attendances even if they are not all there. 

5 minutes ago, Parsno1 said:

under 12's get a free season ticket. Most clubs included season tickets in match attendances even if they are not all there. 

We certainly don't, although I know Celtic, Hibs, Hearts etc do.

Reason I know we don't as it was asked at the AGM and my mate is the Match Day Supervisor!