Mexico-Scotland - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mexico-Scotland

Third Lanark

This is the line-up I'd like to see:

McLaughlin; Hendry, Mulgrew, McKenna;  McTominay, McLean; Paterson, Christie, McGeough, Morgan, Shinnie: Russell, McBurnie.

3 at the back with Hendry (who is not unfamiiar with right back) covering for Paterson when he goes charging up. Wish McLeish would definitely commit to this system as we do not have 2 CB's we can trust absolutely, to say nothing of the right back. Russell and McBurnie could be a good pairing - one right footed, one left - with back up coming from Christie and Morgan wide and McGeough backing up from behind instead of McTominay who would drop to his more familiar defensive role.McLean to be played centrally instead of being wasted on the right.

England seem to be getting some joy from the 3 at the back - seems it is the way to go now.

Edited by Third Lanark

12 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Playing 13 players would give us a chance. 

In fairness, I think he only has Hendry coming on whenever Paterson bombs up the pitch.

So it would be just the 12 most of the time, which seems pretty fair considering the games being played at altitude.

If we are playing 4-2-3-1 then I'd like to see McLaughlin; Cadden, Hendry, McKenna, Shinnie; McGeouch, McTominay; Paterson, Morgan, Russell; McBurnie.

If 3-5-2 then McLaughlin; Hendry, Mulgrew, McKenna; Cadden, Shinnie; McGeouch, McTominay, Morgan; Russell, McBurnie.

Expecting a comfortable defeat. So long as we get some good performances, that will help greatly. Come away with a result and it will be a good night.