Toulon Tournament - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Toulon Tournament

weekevie04

1 hour ago, Rab The Crab said:

Even judging by the limited highlights Burke was more effective in a lone striker role than Phillips. I’d get Burke into the full squad.

I'm far from Phillips biggest fan but I'm not sure Burke is.

He's got a lot of things to improve on before I'd put him anywhere near a lone strikers role for the full side.

8 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I think the reaction on here is a little negative. First half we were certainly the better team. We kept the ball well and passed well. Movement was excellent. Johnston and Burke stood out.

In the second half it was a shame to see us back off but you could say it paid off. McRorie' s save was fantastic and the defence worked as one. Sadly It's hard to  pick a defender out as I was watching on a small mobile phone.

Not saying they will be worldbeaters. Just that it was great to see a Scotland team look so confident on the ball.

Porteous is a very good prospect, Greg Taylor is decent but unfortunately for him, he’s a left back......

i think in Billy Gilmour we have a young player with genuine world class potential. 

14 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

So. England have finished their group 2nd on 7 points but the goal difference is +5. We are on 4 points and goal difference of +1. 

If we win and Togo don't we top the group and do through. If Togo win we need to win big.

We play before Toga so it's a tricky one. 

5-0 would ensure best 2nd as a minimum. 5-1, 6-2 or better would be fine too. 

Saying that, I expect France to beat Togo.