Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

Hi Scotty, she was asking Kimba.

I'll wait to see what Scotty says.  Mindimoo was not clear in what she was asking.  My point was that there is no point in someone trying to follow Paul's grace doctrines regarding marriage BEFORE they're saved. You have to get saved first. Regardless of how/where/what the marriage entailed someone is still In Christ the second they believe the gospel.  No-one can lose their salvation. 

Edited by Kimba

27 minutes ago, Kimba said:

I'll wait to see what Scotty says.  Mindimoo was not clear in what she was asking.  My point was that there is no point in someone trying to follow Paul's grace doctrines regarding marriage BEFORE they're saved. You have to get saved first. Regardless of how/where/what the marriage entailed someone is still In Christ the second they believe the gospel.  No-one can lose their salvation. 

Yeah, thats the spirit, top class gobbledygook, hopefully Scotty will reply with some more obscure nonsense and we can get into a 20 pager.

35 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah, thats the spirit, top class gobbledygook, hopefully Scotty will reply with some more obscure nonsense and we can get into a 20 pager.

I've no intention of debating anyone.  My job is to preach the gospel of Grace to see souls saved.   

54 minutes ago, Kimba said:

For Scotty CTA

"The enemy hates justification by faith alone"

And of course I know and believe that.

I've posted Eph. 2:8-9 more times than I can count.

(Perhaps someone like 'phart' could do a search as I wouldn't know how to do it.)

Anyway... Obedience isn't works (as you seem to think it is).

I attend church through obedience to God (even though my church attendance won't and can't save me).

I got baptised through obedience to God (even though getting baptised won't and can't save me).

I take the Lord's Supper through obedience to God (even though taking the Lord's Supper won't and can't save me).

I "go into all the world" through obedience to God (even though going on mission trips won't and can't save me).

I give joyfully through obedience to God (even though giving joyfully to God's Kingdom won't and can't save me).

Obedience is obedience, and works are works.

I am saved, but I'm saved by neither obedience or works..

I am saved by grace through faith.

Now get this... 

I have a Christian walk.

That Christian walk came about AFTER I was saved by grace through faith.

Walking in obedience to God isn't putting my faith in works as I've already been saved by grace through faith.

My works (which I am in no way saved by) are simply a way of serving and worshipping God AFTER being saved by grace through faith.

How else would you expect to hear "Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of your Master."? Matthew 25:23

First, we are 'justified' by grace through faith.

Second, we are 'sanctified' in our Christian walk.

Third, we are 'glorified' at death and become Christ-like.

(Is it possible that you are stuck on justification and and aren't truly being sanctified?)

34 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

And of course I know and believe that.

I've posted Eph. 2:8-9 more times than I can count.

(Perhaps someone like 'phart' could do a search as I wouldn't know how to do it.)

Anyway... Obedience isn't works (as you seem to think it is).

I attend church through obedience to God (even though my church attendance won't and can't save me).

I got baptised through obedience to God (even though getting baptised won't and can't save me).

I take the Lord's Supper through obedience to God (even though taking the Lord's Supper won't and can't save me).

I "go into all the world" through obedience to God (even though going on mission trips won't and can't save me).

I give joyfully through obedience to God (even though giving joyfully to God's Kingdom won't and can't save me).

Obedience is obedience, and works are works.

I am saved, but I'm saved by neither obedience or works..

I am saved by grace through faith.

Now get this... 

I have a Christian walk.

That Christian walk came about AFTER I was saved by grace through faith.

Walking in obedience to God isn't putting my faith in works as I've already been saved by grace through faith.

My works (which I am in no way saved by) are simply a way of serving and worshipping God AFTER being saved by grace through faith.

How else would you expect to hear "Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of your Master."? Matthew 25:23

First, we are 'justified' by grace through faith.

Second, we are 'sanctified' in our Christian walk.

Third, we are 'glorified' at death and become Christ-like.

(Is it possible that you are stuck on justification and and aren't truly being sanctified?)

Thanks for proving what I am talking about.   It's obedience to the gospel of grace ALONE that saves.   Adding anything else IS ADDING works.  Maybe you are misunderstanding me.  I am not saying just carry on doing as you please, what I am doing is separating justification from sanctification and not mixing.  We can only start the Christian walk AFTER being saved by faith alone, not adding it to salvation as "proof you are saved" - which is what you say. That is trusting in your works, and not the finished work of Christ.

I know what the people you listen to say Scotty - they tell you, "oh yes, it's by grace ..... BUT if you don't do such and such...... "that proves you were never really saved at all".  Absolute blasphemy.   So your jesus only saves "the good people" - exactly the same works religion as every other false works religion.    Calvinism is false, so is Arminianism - nearly all of 'Christendom' believe in either one or both these heresies.   I also remember, it was you that took Bible verses out of context to say that someone not living the Christian life is not saved.  I have the email proof.

My advise to you - get out of mainstream Christendom (even though you call it 'non-denominational - its still false teaching) and learn about Right Division.   

And please start sharing the GLORIOUS GOSPEL OF GRACE so others may be saved.  

Grace and Peace.

Edited by Kimba

I’m going to be honest, this takes me right back to my days in the ultra left back in the 80s. Umpteen different groups arguing never-ending nuances of Marx & Lenin & planning for the glorious day while the world was going to hell in a handcart around them. Different book, same psychology. 

2 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Thanks for proving what I am talking about.

:banghead:

3 minutes ago, Kimba said:

It's obedience to the gospel of grace ALONE that saves.  

Agreed. That's what I keep saying.

4 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Adding anything else IS ADDING works.  

Of course.

(I've had the same signature for years and years. It's been there for all to see.)

6 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Maybe you are misunderstanding me.  I am not saying just carry on doing as you please...

No, I get that.

7 minutes ago, Kimba said:

...what I am doing is separating justification from sanctification and not mixing. 

A person adds the sanctification process to their justification (but not for the purpose of being saved as that's already happened).

10 minutes ago, Kimba said:

We can only start the Christian walk AFTER being saved by faith alone...

Yes, I just said that above.

12 minutes ago, Kimba said:

...not adding it to salvation as "proof you are saved" - which is what you say. 

I've never believed that we can add anything to our salvation as it was paid in full.

I might have said something along the lines of 'if a person claims to be a Christian then there should be some evidence of that. That there should be 'fruit'.

16 minutes ago, Kimba said:

I know what the people you listen to say Scotty - they tell you, "oh yes, it's by grace ..... BUT if you don't do such and such...... "that proves you were never really saved at all".  Absolute blasphemy.   So your jesus only saves "the good people" - exactly the same works religion as every other false works religion.    Calvinism is false, so is Arminianism - nearly all of 'Christendom' believe in either one or both these heresies.  

I listen to lots of people, but I've yet to find one person that I agree with on everything.

II don't believe anything directly above btw.)

21 minutes ago, Kimba said:

I also remember, it was you that took Bible verses out of context to say that someone not living the Christian life is not saved. 

That's pretty generic.

We're all sinners, but I can't imagine saving knowledge not manifesting itself in some way that would glorify God.

I would expect to see some evidence of Christianity (as opposed to no evidence of Christianity) from a person claiming to be a Christian.

36 minutes ago, Kimba said:

My advise to you - get out of mainstream Christendom (even though you call it 'non-denominational - its still false teaching) and learn about Right Division.   

The church I attend is Bible-believing and set-contained.

37 minutes ago, Kimba said:

And please start sharing the GLORIOUS GOSPEL OF GRACE so others may be saved.  

:lol: 

I've been doing that since before you were an atheist on here and didn't want to know.

4 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I’m going to be honest, this takes me right back to my days in the ultra left back in the 80s. Umpteen different groups arguing never-ending nuances of Marx & Lenin & planning for the glorious day while the world was going to hell in a handcart around them. Different book, same psychology. 

Something is either true or it's false - adding works to the gospel as "proof" you are saved is making it a false gospel, the Bible says is ACCURSED.

The proof is that Jesus Christ died for our sins was buried and rose again the third day.  That's the proof not "look how good a life I am living".  

Edited by Kimba

19 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Agreed. That's what I keep saying.

Of course.

(I've had the same signature for years and years. It's been there for all to see.)

No, I get that.

A person adds the sanctification process to their justification (but not for the purpose of being saved as that's already happened).

Yes, I just said that above.

I've never believed that we can add anything to our salvation as it was paid in full.

I might have said something along the lines of 'if a person claims to be a Christian then there should be some evidence of that. That there should be 'fruit'.

I listen to lots of people, but I've yet to find one person that I agree with on everything.

II don't believe anything directly above btw.)

That's pretty generic.

We're all sinners, but I can't imagine saving knowledge not manifesting itself in some way that would glorify God.

I would expect to see some evidence of Christianity (as opposed to no evidence of Christianity) from a person claiming to be a Christian.

You say that, just like the false teacher John MacArthur says (still listening to him?)

But then you guys speak out both sides of your mouth by adding ....yes but's.  

Maybe you need to inspect your own fruit Scotty instead of deciding who is saved and who isn't.  

23 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

You don't listen to mid acts right dividers though.....that's the main mistake.  Apostate Christendom calls it's "hyperdispensationalism" in their ignorance.

23 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The church I attend is Bible-believing and set-contained.

:lol: 

I've been doing that since before you were an atheist on here and didn't want to know.

It doesn't rightly divide and it makes you tithe..... that is a church I would be running away from as fast as my legs could carry me.

I've never seen you quoting 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, or Ephesians 1:13.  Just Romans 10, which is about Israel.