Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs

46 minutes ago, phart said:

Just in case you weren't aware, this whole thread is an example of what old school trolling used to be by Eisergerwin or however it's spelled.

I know precisely what's going on in this thread, and it's an absolute peach. :ok:

Salvation is not proven by our own efforts, but in the righteousness of God in Christ when he died for our sins, rose from the dead, and offers salvation freely to sinners who need it. Proof of salvation is found in the gospel of Christ. God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself by the cross. 

“To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” – Romans 3:25

We will be saved “if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.” – Romans 4:24-25

This is the gospel of Christ; it is the preaching of the cross. Christ is God, and he did everything necessary to save men through his death and resurrection. His work is the proof of salvation. 

If his work is the proof of your salvation, then you have peace with God and eternal life. You are no longer trying to provide proof. God has provided it by his grace in Christ. 

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” – Romans 5:1

“…the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Romans 6:23

How Do I Know?

I know that I am saved because Christ died for my sins, rose from the dead, and offers salvation freely to all who believe in him. I’ve seen him save other people who believe the gospel of Christ. He will save you, when you believe it (Eph 1:13Rom 3:22). 

Stop trusting your life, your prayers, your works, your good deeds, your feelings, trust the finished work of Christ and know that you are saved.

http://graceambassadors.com/salvation/how-do-i-know-i-am-saved

5 hours ago, phart said:

Just in case you weren't aware, this whole thread is an example of what old school trolling used to be by Eisergerwin or however it's spelled.

What makes it that and is that a good thing or a bad thing? Spelled Eisegerwind.

4 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

I know precisely what's going on in this thread, and it's an absolute peach. :ok:

Do tell. Is it something more than god botherer no1 and god botherer no2 having a wankfest over the bible?

Looks like my last post about the dress got lost in scripture wars.

Edited by Eisegerwind

If it's me that's being called the troll then they are falsely accusing me.

I am simply warning Scotty that he's placing his trust in the wrong thing - his own performance (which he won't admit to out of pride but is clearly the case).

Lordship Salvation is an extremely dangerous and subtle heresy that many have fallen for because it is appealing to the religious flesh that they have something to do with their salvation.   It slyly adds works by the back door and puts the person into performance mode.  Ultimately it doesn't save.  That is what I am worried about the most.

34 minutes ago, Kimba said:

I am simply warning Scotty that he's placing his trust in the wrong thing

In your own opinion to which there is absolutely zero definitive proof

Both of you are trolling because nothing of which either of you post is tangible testable evidence

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Both of you are trolling because nothing of which either of you post is tangible testable evidence

It's not an opinion.  He's stated throughout the thread and in personal emails to me that his obedience proves he is saved.  The proof is in what Jesus Christ did, and what the Bible says - justification by faith, not by what someone is "doing" for it in the energies of their flesh.  

5 minutes ago, Kimba said:

The proof is in what Jesus Christ did, and what the Bible says

Words written by mostly anonymous iron age men and translated several times, is not proof

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Rubbish. There's no end of stuff for which there's 'absolutely zero definitive proof' that is and should be discussed - all aspects of ethics, for example, and most of our laws are based on that particularly knotty problem.

2 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Do tell. Is it something more than god botherer no1 and god botherer no2 having a wankfest over the bible?

Even if that was all it were, it would still be a worthwhile read for those of us interested in that sort of thing. As it is, Kimba doesn't read the Bible, she watches the internet, it forms and warps her mindset which is closed to any viewpoint that contradicts the narrow, loveless doctrine spread by this Grace Ambassadors bunch.

Scotty does read the Bible. Leaving aside the issue of it being written by men in an effort to formulate a response, or variety of responses, to their wonder at the world in which they found themselves and the mystery of the human condition (and it's fine leaving that rather major point aside in this context as this debate is about interpretations of the text itself), there is a perfectly sound argument that salvation rests on faith alone. Both Scotty and Kimba agree on this point.

However, Scotty quite reasonably believes that those who are saved will likely live their lives in a certain way, not because it is necessary for salvation but because it is an inextricable concomitant of the faith that has saved them. Kimba's mob say that living your life in such a way is boastful pride and leads to damnation. For them, 'faith' is not only sufficient, but cannot be seen to be added to in any way, like acts of decency for example. The details of the 'Pauline dispensation' upon which this is based are interesting but complex, and self-contradictory. Hence my questions about Romans 10:12-13 that Kimba is unable to answer.

All of which is indeed just a post-reformation equivalent of debating the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin. The beauty lies, for me, in seeing Scotty have to deal with Kimba in all her arrogance and blind acceptance of the warped beliefs some unpleasant dude she's found on the internet. Scotty asked her where the joy was a page or so back. Her joy lies in the self-righteous belief that she is saved and, better still, it requires absolutely no effort or expenditure, and even better than that: everyone else is fucked - even the schmucks who try and do some good in this world. Scotty supported Kimba when I questioned the rubbish she spouted in her last incarnation and he happily played along with her gatekeeper shite. I'm enjoying this ...

17 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Rubbish. There's no end of stuff for which there's 'absolutely zero definitive proof' that is and should be discussed - all aspects of ethics, for example, and most of our laws are based on that particularly knotty problem.

Even if that was all it were, it would still be a worthwhile read for those of us interested in that sort of thing. As it is, Kimba doesn't read the Bible, she watches the internet, it forms and warps her mindset which is closed to any viewpoint that contradicts the narrow, loveless doctrine spread by this Grace Ambassadors bunch.

Scotty does read the Bible. Leaving aside the issue of it being written by men in an effort to formulate a response, or variety of responses, to their wonder at the world in which they found themselves and the mystery of the human condition (and it's fine leaving that rather major point aside in this context as this debate is about interpretations of the text itself), there is a perfectly sound argument that salvation rests on faith alone. Both Scotty and Kimba agree on this point.

However, Scotty quite reasonably believes that those who are saved will likely live their lives in a certain way, not because it is necessary for salvation but because it is an inextricable concomitant of the faith that has saved them. Kimba's mob say that living your life in such a way is boastful pride and leads to damnation. For them, 'faith' is not only sufficient, but cannot be seen to be added to in any way, like acts of decency for example. The details of the 'Pauline dispensation' upon which this is based are interesting but complex, and self-contradictory. Hence my questions about Romans 10:12-13 that Kimba is unable to answer.

All of which is indeed just a post-reformation equivalent of debating the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin. The beauty lies, for me, in seeing Scotty have to deal with Kimba in all her arrogance and blind acceptance of the warped beliefs some unpleasant dude she's found on the internet. Scotty asked her where the joy was a page or so back. Her joy lies in the self-righteous belief that she is saved and, better still, it requires absolutely no effort or expenditure, and even better than that: everyone else is fucked - even the schmucks who try and do some good in this world. Scotty supported Kimba when I questioned the rubbish she spouted in her last incarnation and he happily played along with her gatekeeper shite. I'm enjoying this ...

Ah OK, cheers housekeeper. There's that concomitant word again.

Edited by Eisegerwind

On 5/21/2018 at 9:09 PM, Huddersfield said:

I’m going to be honest, this takes me right back to my days in the ultra left back in the 80s. Umpteen different groups arguing never-ending nuances of Marx & Lenin & planning for the glorious day while the world was going to hell in a handcart around them. Different book, same psychology. 

And reminds me of my time too then in the ultra ultra left ...