Russia 2018 - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Groups are decided by goal difference so theoretically Nigeria could catch Croatia if they hump Argentina and/or Iceland hump Croatia reserves.

Ah right I thought head to head took priority.

1 minute ago, exile said:

Commentators drooling about Switzerland but the Serbs should have had a penalty. 

Shocking decision. Two defenders rugby tackling the forward and no penalty.

What's the point of VAR not reviewing these types of things.

Really bad one.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Really fine margins at this level. If Serbia get that penalty, they probably go through, but now they have to beat Brasil to stay in the tournament. 

Absolutely, but theyve no one to blame but themselves, they should have shut up shop for a point but didn't. The amount of times Shaqiri picked the ball up 40 yards from goal with space to run into in the last 20 mins was criminal.

Edited by Mox

1 minute ago, Mox said:

Absolutely, but theyve no one to blame but themselves, they should have shut up shop for a point but didn't. The amount of times Shaqiri picked the ball up 40 yards from goal with space to run into was criminal.

That attempt at playing him offside :-)) 

Four aspirations that I have for what has been a decent tournament to date, apart from the obvious ABE::

1) That Alexsandr Kolarov absolutely messes the cunt that is Neymar in the final group game

2) That the cunt that is Raheem Sterling continues to be shown up for the anonymous charlatan that he is

3) That the cunt called Diego Costa gets a red card while his adopted international side gets sent back home after the next game

4) That Cristiano Ronaldo, who is generally a cunt, stops digging Portugal out of the losers trenches with his outstanding performances

Edited by Barney Rubble

35 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Four aspirations that I have for what has been a decent tournament to date, apart from the obvious ABE::

1) That Alexsandr Kolarov absolutely messes the cunt that is Neymar in the final group game

2) That the cunt that is Raheem Sterling continues to be shown up for the anonymous charlatan that he is

3) That the cunt called Diego Costa gets a red card while his adopted international side gets sent back home after the next game

4) That Cristiano Ronaldo, who is generally a cunt, stops digging Portugal out of the losers trenches with his outstanding performances

I think I can guess your word of the day.

😊

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Barney, I dinnae ken if you're still in Albania or ex-Yugo ; but what did you make of the Eagle celebrations by Xhaka and Shaqiri! Hopefully nothing too stupid is going on in the border towns of Montenegro, Kosovo etc. 

7 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Barney, I dinnae ken if you're still in Albania or ex-Yugo ; but what did you make of the Eagle celebrations by Xhaka and Shaqiri! Hopefully nothing too stupid is going on in the border towns of Montenegro, Kosovo etc. 

I watched the game safely at home in my apartment in Podgorica, having seen what was coming as folk gathered to watch the Serbia game (I'd watched the Iceland game in town earleir). As I'm writing this I believe something is kicking off in town.

Hopefully nothing nasty though. It's only a game of football.

Oh fuck....... it's the Western Balkans!!

7 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/23/xhaka-and-shaqiri-goal-celebrations-bring-balkan-politics-to-world-cup

11 hours ago, fringo said:

Shocking decision. Two defenders rugby tackling the forward and no penalty.

What's the point of VAR not reviewing these types of things.

Really bad one.

Totally agree.  How could someone not have spotted that, if I was Serbian I'd be fuming.  Clearest penalty you'll ever see.  If it had happened against England we'd never hear the last of it.

9 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Cheers. 

Hopefully Podi was quiet last night.

When I went to Albania from Montenegro, lots of 'civilised' Montenegrins were telling me not to go there "it's a backward place, you'll get mugged or maybe worse''. Loved it, and the people too, so I've kinda always wanted to see them do well since then. Met a couple of Bosnians who didn't seem to be as vitriolic (if stereotyping) against them, are they a bit fairer minded and as many are the same religion/disliking of Serbs etc too? 

P.S Is Kosovo-Albania just a big love in? I seen they played a friendly before the World Cup and Kosovo won 3-0! I thought UEFA were going to fine the Kosovar FA if they waved Albanian colours/flags to not stir up the Serbs? And, also is there any differences between an Albanian from Albania, and one from Kosovo? As in general behaviour, customs, accents even? I know about the idea of Greater Albania and they see themselves as one/the same, but are they any differences you've picked up between Kosovars and ones from the motherland?

P.P.S Apologies for the questions, and bringing this thread a little off topic! :)

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

Cheers. 

Hopefully Podi was quiet last night.

When I went to Albania from Montenegro, lots of 'civilised' Montenegrins were telling me not to go there "it's a backward place, you'll get mugged or maybe worse''. Loved it, and the people too, so I've kinda always wanted to see them do well since then. Met a couple of Bosnians who didn't seem to be as vitriolic (if stereotyping) against them, are they a bit fairer minded and as many are the same religion/disliking of Serbs etc too? 

P.S Is Kosovo-Albania just a big love in? I seen they played a friendly before the World Cup and Kosovo won 3-0! I thought UEFA were going to fine the Kosovar FA if they waved Albanian colours/flags to not stir up the Serbs? And, also is there any differences between an Albanian from Albania, and one from Kosovo? As in general behaviour, customs, accents even? I know about the idea of Greater Albania and they see themselves as one/the same, but are they any differences you've picked up between Kosovars and ones from the motherland?

P.P.S Apologies for the questions, and bringing this thread a little off topic! :)

Not vat all Kevie, high time we had something topical to discuss round here!

Pod was fine an hour after the game finished - the barman told me there was a bit of triumphalism (from otherwise anonymous Albanians) that was close to the line, but nothing they were uncomfortable with.

The stuff you've been told about Montenegrins and Albanians is stereotyping. My experience is that one ie as bad as the other. They should both grow up.

The Kosovo-Albania thing I cannot work out even after ten years in the region. Who is Kosovar? Who is Albanian? Look at the Swiss team last night? Xxacha? Behrami? Shaquiri? These guys are Albanian or Kosovar (Behrani) but not a chance they will ever give up the Swiss passport that they have legitimately qualified for. (as professional; footballers).