Russia 2018 - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Telling stat about Messi: 6 points from a possible 24 without him; 21 points from a possible 30 with him. Either he's constantly having to carry them or they're constantly set up in a way that makes them over reliant on him. Or both. Either way, the amount of pressure on him must be huge and I dont think it's any surprise he's struggling at the World Cup whether that's due to pressure, because opposition teams know to neutralise him, or because his team mates have nothing to give. Tragic. As one of his (former) teammates said, he's too good - players naturally become dependent on him and/or don't know how to play in a team with him.

Would also say that the Barcelona team he plays in is not only superior to Argentina, but they also get to train with him on a daily basis and therefore better at utilising his talents and are able to play when he doesn't have the ball.

55 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

If big if had we qualified how many do you think we would have taken to Russia ? I’d say around the ten thousand mark 

I think you overestimate. It's not a cheap date!

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

If big if had we qualified how many do you think we would have taken to Russia ? I’d say around the ten thousand mark 

Because it’s such a long time since we qualified I’d treble that amount. Seriously.

Guest faircity

If you get caught diving like that they need to be punishing it with a straight red card. It is a blatant attempt to cheat and deceive. A yellow card isn't a deterrent. 

6 minutes ago, faircity said:

If you get caught diving like that they need to be punishing it with a straight red card. It is a blatant attempt to cheat and deceive. A yellow card isn't a deterrent. 

He didn’t even get a yellow!! Referee was dreadful.

Guest faircity

Yip. Shocking, I just think they need to get serious about diving and something needs done. With var in the higher profile competitions then there should be no excuse for them getting away with it. 

18 minutes ago, faircity said:

Yip. Shocking, I just think they need to get serious about diving and something needs done. With var in the higher profile competitions then there should be no excuse for them getting away with it. 

Totally agree, the game is being ruined by this diving shyte. It's getting to the stage that games are won by who is best at falling over. Falling over is being coached into these players. At least this time they didn't get the penalty thanks to VAR, but Neymar should have been booked. Divin' wee fuker.

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Totally agree, the game is being ruined by this diving shyte. It's getting to the stage that games are won by who is best at falling over. Falling over is being coached into these players. At least this time they didn't get the penalty thanks to VAR, but Neymar should have been booked. Divin' wee fuker.

If a yellow is the punishment then they will still try it.  It's got to be a straight red.  

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Looking like a straight shoot out between Argentina and Nigeria. A draw will do for Nigeria, Argentina need to win. Can't see Iceland beating Croatia, unless Croatia put out their reserve team?

Nigeria winning means Croatia win the group so they might rest some players.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Is that 3 missed penalties already? Can't wait for the first penalty shoot out.

Hoaching penalty. Good VAR call again though.

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Nigeria winning means Croatia win the group so they might rest some players.

Hoaching penalty. Good VAR call again though.

Groups are decided by goal difference so theoretically Nigeria could catch Croatia if they hump Argentina and/or Iceland hump Croatia reserves.