Tierney - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tierney

Squirrelhumper

I've got a feeling he will want to stay at Celtic for 10 in a row. 

Going by his interviews, he's Celtic daft.

I'd love to see another scottish talent go somewhere like Atletico or a top 6 EPL side but I don't think he will

44 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

The boy is a fanny (albeit, potentially a very good footballer)...he'll stay where he is, I've no doubt 

I'm not a Celtic fan - but any time i have heard him he's came across as a level headed young man, maybe you know more about him though ?

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm like Porto was a great move for Ryan Gauld - sunk without trace and Red Bull was a dream move for Oliver Burke? Stick to where things are going really well and you are getting regular first team football. Why take a foreign gamble where there are far more ifs and buts.

Tierney is more than just potential though, he's played a huge amount of games for 20 year old, captained his club and country, played in CL, won numerous honours.

The other two were all hype.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Tierney is more than just potential though, he's played a huge amount of games for 20 year old, captained his club and country, played in CL, won numerous honours.

The other two were all hype.

True there is that. But would he become a small fish in a big pool as Madrid do spend big regularly. There is no guarantee of him not being usurped by a talent signed from another footballing super power and he gets over-looked.

17 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

True there is that. But would he become a small fish in a big pool as Madrid do spend big regularly. There is no guarantee of him not being usurped by a talent signed from another footballing super power and he gets over-looked.

Very true.

Were no guarantees with Robertson at Liverpool either.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Very true.

Were no guarantees with Robertson at Liverpool either.

Of course.

Moves are gambles but ones abroad are bigger I would say as you have to settle in a strange country, learn the language and adapt to their game and beat off more fierce competition. It may work out just fine but first team football is a guarantee at Celtic.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Of course.

Moves are gambles but ones abroad are bigger I would say as you have to settle in a strange country, learn the language and adapt to their game and beat off more fierce competition. It may work out just fine but first team football is a guarantee at Celtic.

Good players need to play at the highest levels they can. Tierney is too good to stay in the SPFL for much longer, it will stunt his development.

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Good players need to play at the highest levels they can. Tierney is too good to stay in the SPFL for much longer, it will stunt his development.

I am not totally against such a move but equally don't ooze enthusiasm for it. Look at Gauld perhaps he'd have been far better served staying in Scotland.

He always reminds me of Barry ferguson when he speaks about "his club" ie never wants to leave. It's a tough one, it's all about leaving to the right club at the right time, which Ferguson certainly did not do by going to f*ing Blackburn when he could have signed for Liverpool, I believe the summer before. 

As someone mentioned you always feel he could regress by staying at Celtic his whole career. No idea about his mentality but he may not be able to hack a club abroad. Don't know if the Man U link has cooled but that could be the ideal move. A few hours drive from home, massive club etc.