World Cup Tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Cup Tickets

The Bunnet

I registered with FIFA for tickets in 2016, more in hope that we would be there in Russia...So popped online to my account today and I can buy tickets for plenty of games including 2 of the England group games. For £80 ( cat 3 tickets )….Looks like flights / hotel prices or present frosty climate putting folk off...

Guest BlueGaz
29 minutes ago, The Bunnet said:

I registered with FIFA for tickets in 2016, more in hope that we would be there in Russia...So popped online to my account today and I can buy tickets for plenty of games including 2 of the England group games. For £80 ( cat 3 tickets )….Looks like flights / hotel prices or present frosty climate putting folk off...

That's interesting.  I had heard on the news or maybe on Talksport, can't remember, that there was only 1 group stage game left with tickets for sale.  Obviously talking out their arse.  

Did you have to have registered when you did?  Or is it still possible to register and get tickets?

I am registered in 2016 and just logged on out of interest. England v Belgium no tickets, but other two England matches three different priced tickets available. I registered as from Scotland and supporting Scotland so maybe these are neutral areas. Plenty of the smaller in football terms, teams matches have tickets. 

I never gave it much thought after Slovenia, and went on today. Fifa Tickets Section...if you cannot register and I can help give me a shout.

Just went back on site, looks like you can still register, first come first served it said for tickets.

Edited by The Bunnet

When I logged on immediately after tickets went on sale last year (for the 3 Poland games) all that showed as available was Cat.1 tickets (£150 each). Funny that eh?

I’ll maybe have another look to see if any other games have availability (cat.3) as we’re over there for 12 nights anyway 👍🏼

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look today and the following games had tickets remaining:

• Morocco vs Iran
  • France vs Australia
  • Tunisia vs England
  • Nigeria vs Iceland
  • Japan vs Senegal
  • Panama vs Tunisia

A certain amount are also held back for Russian nationals, so I don't know if any of these tickets would be made available to the rest of the world should they be struggling to sell them.