Scottish Cup Final - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

What an incredible achievement. Never in the history of our game had this been done.

However every cunt will say it’s the least we could have achieved.

Rodgers  is immortal.

Tainted pal and u know that  but well done on trying to catch up on world record holders. Still tainted though. But the gers are building and your wee irish pals are shaking un shoes. Rodgers immortal?? U are ....     mortal 

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

So many people have double standards on here. They highlight Celtic's resources, blah, blah, blah. However, when Celtic get a pumping of the likes of PSG, Barcelona etc it's usually Celtic or Scottish football are shit, never a mention about the resources the top European teams have.

Are you serious? When Celtic lose in Europe, all we hear from the media is how big the gap is but they never mention it when it comes to domestic football.

I'd say if you look back on here, most will either acknowledge the gulf between Europe's elite and Celtic but we will also remind Celtic fans that this is what we put up with every year

Celtic have won a double treble but everyone including Celtic fans know it was hardly a challenge.

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you serious? When Celtic lose in Europe, all we hear from the media is how big the gap is but they never mention it when it comes to domestic football.

I'd say if you look back on here, most will either acknowledge the gulf between Europe's elite and Celtic but we will also remind Celtic fans that this is what we put up with every year

Celtic have won a double treble but everyone including Celtic fans know it was hardly a challenge.

Will agree with most of your post, fair enough. But the point i'm trying to make is that Celtic haven't went out a spent multi millions of pounds on individual players. A lot of the players have come through the youth system, good coaching or scouting, free transfers or a few hundred grand,. I think the most expensive player in the starting team today was Scott Brown £4m i think (10 years ago)

47 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Trying to be a classless as possible without getting banned.

Gaz, Ron, Eddard and all the other traditional huns, that's a double treble complete and your club died in 2012. I hope you're fucking spewing. Bye

Ah go on, just say what you want to say.  You can just activate one of your sleeper log ins if you get banned!

50 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Will agree with most of your post, fair enough. But the point i'm trying to make is that Celtic haven't went out a spent multi millions of pounds on individual players. A lot of the players have come through the youth system, good coaching or scouting, free transfers or a few hundred grand,. I think the most expensive player in the starting team today was Scott Brown £4m i think (10 years ago)

Maybe so, but money isn’t all about transfers. 

What would Rogic be on? 15,000-20,000k a week? Over his new 5 year contract, that’s something between £3,000,000 & £5,000,000 over the length of the contract. 

The rest of Scottish football simply can’t compete with that as they are spending multi millions on players. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Maybe so, but money isn’t all about transfers. 

What would Rogic be on? 15,000-20,000k a week? Over his new 5 year contract, that’s something between £3,000,000 & £5,000,000 over the length of the contract. 

The rest of Scottish football simply can’t compete with that as they are spending multi millions on players. 

Don't want to get in to a debate on this, the boxing is coming on. I believe it's down to good coaching and scouting. Who had heard of Rogic before he came to Celtic? Good coaching, scouting and ability made him the multi-pound player he is.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Trying to be a classless as possible without getting banned.

Gaz, Ron, Eddard and all the other traditional huns, that's a double treble complete and your club died in 2012. I hope you're fucking spewing. Bye

Showing your own class here. I pity u i really do. 54 x

40 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Don't want to get in to a debate on this, the boxing is coming on. I believe it's down to good coaching and scouting. Who had heard of Rogic before he came to Celtic? Good coaching, scouting and ability made him the multi-pound player he is.

Going by your logic, any team can do what Celtic have done because all it takes is good coaching and scouting.

I get why you want back up your team but there's no way Celtic would win what they win domestically without the money and resources they have

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Enjoy victory with class then. If u want an example look no further than tommy burns. A real class act. In defeat and in victory. 

We can agree on that at least.

I'm a "rabid tarrier bastard" according to follow follow though, so like to play up to it :)

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

You know that Fulham, Celta Vigo and Club Brugge we're in for Rogic too, yeah? So, to suggest Motherwell or Aberdeen could've signed him is farcical. 

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Tainted pal and u know that  but well done on trying to catch up on world record holders. Still tainted though. But the gers are building and your wee irish pals are shaking un shoes. Rodgers immortal?? U are ....     mortal 

Are are utterly delusional. 😂

27 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

We can agree on that at least.

I'm a "rabid tarrier bastard" according to follow follow though, so like to play up to it :)

U are not on follow follow here. Anyway what u doing on that anyway? I have never been on it. And if u have then theu are probably right.

14 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Are are utterly delusional. 😂

No. Factual. Celtic have had no direct competition in 7 years. Thats a fact. But hopefully next year they will. And i also know for a fact my celtic buddies are finally looking forward to a challenge. Thats not delusion. Merely fact. I wish dons or hibs/hearts could do it also. But unfortunately comes down to money. In every country. Small exceptions like leicester and dons under fergie. But money talks. Dont you agree?

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

WTF with Moussa Dembele MoTM btw?

He was anonymous I thought.

Brown absolutely bossed the midfield and Rogic had a great game.

Lustig only got injured once, so a good day for him too...

😛

The TV commentary was very complimentary on him leading the line. He set up the second goal very well. A handful for the Motherwell defence. I agree with you on Brown however.

You lot clearly are thick as mince. Dembele was excellent today especially the 1st half. Brown was once again a giant and Tierney was pretty much faultless. Any one of three could have been man of the match. 

34 minutes ago, macy37 said:

You lot clearly are thick as mince. Dembele was excellent today especially the 1st half. Brown was once again a giant and Tierney was pretty much faultless. Any one of three could have been man of the match. 

You at the game, Macy?