Scottish Cup Final - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final

2 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Don't want to get in to a debate on this, the boxing is coming on. I believe it's down to good coaching and scouting. Who had heard of Rogic before he came to Celtic? Good coaching, scouting and ability made him the multi-pound player he is.

Agree pal.  Did you enjoy your day?  Not that it is finished yet.  I had a pint in Gala and now in hoose with a half bottle of Glenfiddich listening to some Scottish songs.  Learning the Rolling Hills of the Borders by Matt McGinn.  Well done though.  My tim pals will be celebrating while I am lamenting.  Just the way!!!  But the Gers will return our flame will burn again.  By next autumn we will bring the harvest home.  I am obviously half pished now btw.  Have a good one mate.

37 minutes ago, macy37 said:

No, why do you enquire Parky?

I can’t speak for him, but perhaps he was asking as someone who was at the game might have a different perspective not influenced by the commentary.

Rather than being “clearly thick as mince” because they saw the game slightly differently from you.

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I can’t speak for him, but perhaps he was asking as someone who was at the game might have a different perspective not influenced by the commentary.

Rather than being “clearly thick as mince” because they saw the game slightly differently from you.

Good shout.

9 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

No. Factual. Celtic have had no direct competition in 7 years. Thats a fact. But hopefully next year they will. And i also know for a fact my celtic buddies are finally looking forward to a challenge. Thats not delusion. Merely fact. I wish dons or hibs/hearts could do it also. But unfortunately comes down to money. In every country. Small exceptions like leicester and dons under fergie. But money talks. Dont you agree?

My eyes must have been deceiving me when I saw Hibs, Inverness CT, St Mirren, Ross County, Aberdeen and St Johnstone winning trophies in the last 7 years

12 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

My eyes must have been deceiving me when I saw Hibs, Inverness CT, St Mirren, Ross County, Aberdeen and St Johnstone winning trophies in the last 7 years

Doesn’t count DTS, obviously all those trophy wins were tainted.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

U know exactly what i mean. The dominance of celtic has been there for last 7 years. Any team can win a cup with a bit of luck. Loom at gretna. They almost did. But only rangers have the means to challenge and put them back in their place. You know that.

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

U know exactly what i mean. The dominance of celtic has been there for last 7 years. Any team can win a cup with a bit of luck. Loom at gretna. They almost did. But only rangers have the means to challenge and put them back in their place. You know that.

And go bust again trying 🙂

18 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

And go bust again trying 🙂

U think gerard zips up the back?  90% of posters here are desperate for gers to go bust again. Thats what makes it all the sweeter. Can u imagine the meltdown on here next year when we win the league and possibly the europa. That vision of folk on here doing backflips and denying we are real is so good.

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

U think gerard zips up the back?  90% of posters here are desperate for gers to go bust again. Thats what makes it all the sweeter. Can u imagine the meltdown on here next year when we win the league and possibly the europa. That vision of folk on here doing backflips and denying we are real is so good.

Haha you’re good value, I’ll give you that. 

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, I thought a real fan who actually goes to see their team might've saw it differently.  

14 hours ago, Parklife said:

You know that Fulham, Celta Vigo and Club Brugge we're in for Rogic too, yeah? So, to suggest Motherwell or Aberdeen could've signed him is farcical. 

You're right but there is definitely a wider point regarding coaching. Resources certainly play a huge part in us being where we are and that means other teams have got to be clever in their recruitment and coaching to try and compete with us. The problem is not one other team in the league has a coach who is clever enough to implement a modern passing game, which is ultimately the best way to win football matches and the best way to beat Celtic.

You look at Motherwell yesterday, humping the ball up the park for 90 minutes, wasting energy all over the pitch and as a result making bad decisions.

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

You're right but there is definitely a wider point regarding coaching. Resources certainly play a huge part in us being where we are and that means other teams have got to be clever in their recruitment and coaching to try and compete with us. The problem is not one other team in the league has a coach who is clever enough to implement a modern passing game, which is ultimately the best way to win football matches and the best way to beat Celtic.

You look at Motherwell yesterday, humping the ball up the park for 90 minutes, wasting energy all over the pitch and as a result making bad decisions.

So in Europe, the coaches, like the players, are simply not clever enough to take on the big guns?

Is that something that you think celtic should be taking responsibility for and seem to be naive about?

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

Alex ferguson wasnt a coach. He was a leader who got the best out of coached players. A coach gets you fit and tactically aware. A leader makes you win.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

So Celtic got humped off PSG because their coach isn't clever enough?