Scottish Cup Final - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final

29 minutes ago, Bino's said:

I went to the 1991 final

Tomorrow will be bootfest 2018, certainly as far as Motherwell are concerned

One of my biggest football regrets. Because rangers werent playing the guys from town decided to go to moffat to watch the english cup final when gascoigne got a slight injury. Still regret not either going to game or watching it. Had pleasure of working with jim griffin for a few years who played in the game. Great guy. Cmon the well.

Edit. When gascoigne got injured and carried off we were all cheering as we were all scotland supporters as well. Little could we predict he would be a hero at ibrox later. Funny old game. 

Edited by Rolling hIlls
Funny thing

17 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

To be honest it's not just this one.  Other than the Hibs final which I was at I couldn't actually tell you the last time I watched a Scottish Cup Final.  I'd imagine it was probably the last time Rangers were in it which would be around 2010 or something like that?  I tend to have other things I can be doing on a Saturday afternoon.

*Edit.  A quick Wiki tells me the last one I watched was the Hearts/Hibs 5-1 game in 2012.  Before that it would have been the Hearts/Gretna game in 2006 (outwith ones Rangers were in).  I'm starting to think I may be a closet Jambo.....

Diet Hun? 

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Oh u do sage. U "care more about football than other folk". Heard it all from u now o wise one. Ffs. Get a grip and realise we are all not u and dont have same opinions as u. That doesnt make u right! But in your black and white view of the world. Its everybody else thats wrang!! Hope u enjoy game tomorrow. I will be watching the royal wedding as we all should be. In fact the two fa cup finals should be postponed until sunday.  😊

Bit of a contradiction in your post. We may not have the same opinion as Parklife as you said, so why should we have the same opinion as you regarding watching the tax payers funded wedding? I also don't understand why the 2 cup finals should be postponed until tomorrow, is it the longest wedding ceremony in history?

14 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Bit of a contradiction in your post. We may not have the same opinion as Parklife as you said, so why should we have the same opinion as you regarding watching the tax payers funded wedding? I also don't understand why the 2 cup finals should be postponed until tomorrow, is it the longest wedding ceremony in history?

No contraception in ma post at all. If u really think i was serious about the royal wedding?????? I will be watching game with a bottle of claret with my new burd. Who happens to be called amber. Xmon the well. No heard much from big fat ramy who is loyal through and through. He even has photos on his wall of the piggery to see what it actually looks like. Cmon yhe steelmen.

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

No contraception in ma post at all. If u really think i was serious about the royal wedding?????? I will be watching game with a bottle of claret with my new burd. Who happens to be called amber. Xmon the well. No heard much from big fat ramy who is loyal through and through. He even has photos on his wall of the piggery to see what it actually looks like. Cmon yhe steelmen.

Good play with words. If Celtic win then i will sit tonight with a large double whisky and might go all out and have a treble.

14 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Good play with words. If Celtic win then i will sit tonight with a large double whisky and might go all out and have a treble.

Ha ha. Have a good day pal!! I am looking forward to it. Beer out the back then watch game. And if celtic score back out the back!!

To parkie. Apologies. Spoke to ma pal this morning and he is like u although he is a jambo. Convinced me that today is the biggest game of all in scotland. So between u and him i am excited again for first time in years. Going to pub in gala to watch it. Cheers buddy and hppe u enjoy it too. Got a few tartan army motherwell guys going to game so obviously supporting the steelmen. Bit jppe it is a great occasion (for you hoops bhoys as well. Except big ramy!!). Enjoy the day wherever u are. Scotland forever and i am not ron!!!

On 5/18/2018 at 8:21 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Give me the Scottish Cup Final (no matter who's playing) over that English pish any day.

Will watch the Scottish cup final on the off chance there will be an upset, will turn it off if Celtic start to run away with it. Can’t really be bothered with all the double treble pish if Celtic win, the greatest Celtic team ever didn’t do it because they had much tougher opposition. Don’t see this as a particularly great Celtic team, the MON team that got to the Europa league final was better. Not completely convinced by Rodgers,  I think the real measure of his success at Celtic should be Europe and haven’t been impressed with him on that front. 

The FA cup final is a non-event. Man U are in the champions league regardless of what happens, Chelsea are in Europa league regardless. If Abramovic wants to get rid of Conte, winning the cup will male no difference. Winning the FA cup means very little to either of these teams.

1 hour ago, The Black Bra said:

Will watch the Scottish cup final on the off chance there will be an upset, will turn it off if Celtic start to run away with it. Can’t really be bothered with all the double treble pish if Celtic win, the greatest Celtic team ever didn’t do it because they had much tougher opposition. Don’t see this as a particularly great Celtic team, the MON team that got to the Europa league final was better. Not completely convinced by Rodgers,  I think the real measure of his success at Celtic should be Europe and haven’t been impressed with him on that front. 

The FA cup final is a non-event. Man U are in the champions league regardless of what happens, Chelsea are in Europa league regardless. If Abramovic wants to get rid of Conte, winning the cup will male no difference. Winning the FA cup means very little to either of these teams.

A right cheery cunt you. Fuckin cheer up.

The long range shipping forecast is on catch up. Away and listen. Might get a good report aff the hebrides.

Edited by Rolling hIlls
Change