Scottish Cup Final - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final

Just now, BlueGaz said:

There will be absolutely loads of fans don't watch it because its not their team / have other things to do / many other reasons.  Bit naive to think that every Scottish football fan will want to watch it.  For many, its nowhere near the biggest match of the season.  I will watch it, but its certainly not the biggest match of the season for me - far from it.

We all "have other things to do" ffs :lol: 

Maybe i just care more about football than other folk. It's the biggest match of the footballing season in Scotland. 

It just sounds pathetic for someone to say "i'm not watching because i don't want to see Celtic win the treble". Sounds like the words of a petulant child. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Maybe i just care more about football than other folk. It's the biggest match of the footballing season in Scotland. 

It just sounds pathetic for someone to say "i'm not watching because i don't want to see Celtic win the treble". Sounds like the words of a petulant child. 

I never said everyone had other things to do - lets stick to facts and not make stuff up.

I am 100% certain that you care more about football than other folk.  

Football fans sounding like petulant children, hmm, now theres a thought, that doesn't happen very often 🤣

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It just sounds pathetic for someone to say "i'm not watching because i don't want to see Celtic win the treble". Sounds like the words of a petulant child

As does criticising other people for not watching a game they're not interested in.  

For info, while I more than likely wouldn't watch it anyway, I've just spent a week away from my wife so my "better things to do" will involve going out for lunch with her and spending a bit of quality time.  Hopefully that's a good enough excuse! 

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

As does criticising other people for not watching a game they're not interested in.  

No criticism. Just expressing an opinion that i think it's strange that a Scottish football fan wouldn't watch a Scottish Cup Final and say it's because they don't like one of the teams. Let alone say they don't have an interest in the game. 

We all have differing opinions, i'm as entitled to express mine as you are to express yours. We don't have to agree. No need to spit the dummy. 

For info, while I more than likely wouldn't watch it anyway, I've just spent a week away from my wife so my "better things to do" will involve going out for lunch with her and spending a bit of quality time.  Hopefully that's a good enough excuse! 

Cool. I spend every Monday-Friday working away from my family. I'll still be watching the cup final tomorrow. Have a lovely day. 

Edited by Parklife

Won’t be watching the game but all the best to Motherwell weather forecast down here  to be nice so will go for a nice walk along the seafront from Bournemouth up to sandbanks then maybe have a nice chilled beer at loch fyne restaurant in canford cliffs 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No criticism. Just expressing an opinion that i think it's strange that a Scottish football fan wouldn't watch a Scottish Cup Final and say it's because they don't like one of the teams. Let alone say they don't have an interest in the game. 

We all have differing opinions, i'm as entitled to express mine as you are to express yours. We don't have to agree. No need to spit the dummy. 

Cool. I spend every Monday-Friday working away from my family. I'll still be watching the cup final tomorrow. Have a lovely day. 

I've not spat any dummy.  Maybe not alluding to people being "sad" and "pathetic" for not agreeing with your opinion would help you get it across though.

Nice edit on your earlier post BTW...:wink2:

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've not spat any dummy.  Maybe not alluding to people being "sad" and "pathetic" for not agreeing with your opinion would help you get it across though.

Nice edit on your earlier post BTW...:wink2:

I didn't read the one i was replying to properly :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Cant remember the last time I didn’t watch our cup final. Going back to when I was a wee boy. Not watching it hasn’t  even been on the radar. Some fond memories of a number of games,  for a number of reasons. 

Likewise, used to love the build up as a wee kid on BBC.

My team has only been in one in my lifetime, going by some I should have no interest in it but I really enjoy watching them.

Went to Hearts-Hibs as a neutral and it was some day.

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Likewise, used to love the build up as a wee kid on BBC.

My team has only been in one in my lifetime, going by some I should have no interest in it but I really enjoy watching them.

Went to Hearts-Hibs as a neutral and it was some day.

I'm not saying that anyone neutral shouldn't have an interest or shouldn't watch.  Just that I won't be watching as there's other things I'd rather be doing.  I was at the St Mirren/Utd Cup Final as a neutral in '87 and to this day it's one of the best football days out I've ever had!  Granted I was only 10 but it was still a cracker!!  Revently however the Scottish Cup has held little appeal for me if Rangers aren't in it (which is a LOT).  No biggie.

Guest BlueGaz
24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

going by some I should have no interest in it

Who are these people you talk of?  Or shall we file this one too?

49 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Cant remember the last time I didn’t watch our cup final. Going back to when I was a wee boy. Not watching it hasn’t  even been on the radar. Some fond memories of a number of games,  for a number of reasons. 

neither can i, enjoyed seeing Hearts win a few in the last 20 years and had some great days out as a neutral at the St Johnstone/United and ICT/Falkirk finals 

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Who are these people you talk of?  Or shall we file this one too?

There's various folk on here saying they won't be bothering to watch it.

I find that strange as there's been some belters over the years but each to their own.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There's various folk on here saying they won't be bothering to watch it.

I find that strange as there's been some belters over the years but each to their own.

I know, but can't see anyone saying that you (or anyone) shouldn't watch it though.

Some send off for the Motherwell team coach as it left fir park this afternoon....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/flares-cheers-belief--motherwell-12557298

So refreshing not having a manager with a defeatist attitude spend the full week talking up our rivals, possibly setting ourselves up for a massive let down, but I don’t remember a buzz like this for previous finals, everyone seems to feel we have something about this team, and we can do it.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Some send off for the Motherwell team coach as it left fir park this afternoon....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/flares-cheers-belief--motherwell-12557298

So refreshing not having a manager with a defeatist attitude spend the full week talking up our rivals, possibly setting ourselves up for a massive let down, but I don’t remember a buzz like this for previous finals, everyone seems to feel we have something about this team, and we can do it.

Good to see. Will be a closer game than the semi at least. Embarrassing stuff that day.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

How does it compare to the 2011 final given that it's the same opposition? 

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

How does it compare to the 2011 final given that it's the same opposition? 

Stuart McCall had us beaten before a ball was kicked. There was a buzz for the final, but nothing like this.

Steven Robinson has only talked about what we can do and barely mentioned Celtic, much like Barraclough did in the build up to the play off v Rangers.

Theres a lot to be said for a manager from outside the bubble of Scottish football.

and Stevie Hammell in midfield.

😵

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

Oh u do sage. U "care more about football than other folk". Heard it all from u now o wise one. Ffs. Get a grip and realise we are all not u and dont have same opinions as u. That doesnt make u right! But in your black and white view of the world. Its everybody else thats wrang!! Hope u enjoy game tomorrow. I will be watching the royal wedding as we all should be. In fact the two fa cup finals should be postponed until sunday.  😊