Play offs - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Incredible achievement by Livi. I know one of their directors well and can confirm that the club had a very low budget and are pretty much broke.Β 

BT said during both legs they had the 8th biggest budget in Championship.

Obviously Brechin would have been one of the two lower. Dumbarton the other?

As for Thistle, does going down in the play-offs mean they've Hibs'd it?

35 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Apparently so.

Only going on what the commentators said on the telly. Could be wrong tho

The commentators said they had the 8th lowest budget. Not the lowest.

13 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

BT said during both legs they had the 8th biggest budget in Championship.

Obviously Brechin would have been one of the two lower. Dumbarton the other?

As for Thistle, does going down in the play-offs mean they've Hibs'd it?

The commentators said they had the 8th lowest budget. Not the lowest.

Thanks for correcting me.Β 

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Just proves a team with less resources can win games by being organised and determined.

I believe that the ratio of the budgets at that levelΒ would be key.

Having (for example)Β twice as much to spend as another team in the ChampionshipΒ wouldn't necessarily gain you access to players in a different class.

Having (for example)) twiceΒ the budget in the Premiership would.

Β 

4 minutes ago, Alan said:

Gutted.

(The Weirs cleared long term debt and funded youth academy but do not bank roll the running of the club including first team affairs.)

:ok:

The sort of thing I’d like to do if I came into that sort of money (amongst other things).

Β 

As much as I’m a bit creeped out by Livi as I can’t really understand where a β€œnew” team gets it’s fans from, i also always have a bit of respect for folk who support their local team.

Football fans are so hypocritical.

:lol:

To anyone under 30, Livi are just Livi, and everyone’s got a drum these days, they were visionaries.Β 

5 hours ago, macy37 said:

Incredible achievement by Livi. I know one of their directors well and can confirm that the club had a very low budget and are pretty much broke.Β 

Apparently installing a plastic pitch for next season,if so hardly smacks of a club thats pretty much broke

Livi are another club of lies and previous for not paying creditors so take what they say with a pinch ofΒ salt regarding budgets and being broke

8 hours ago, Langtonian said:

Apparently installing a plastic pitch for next season,if so hardly smacks of a club thats pretty much broke

Livi are another club of lies and previous for not paying creditors so take what they say with a pinch ofΒ salt regarding budgets and being broke

No doubt Rankine will be fundingΒ it......

Edited by macy37

On β€Ž5β€Ž/β€Ž18β€Ž/β€Ž2018 at 7:31 PM, Alan said:

Unfortunately correct. Reminds me of seeing Killie a few years ago who were devoid of anything but managed to stay up. However I am doubting we can sneak it. Horrible feeling of just "meh".

Killie 2 years ago in the play offs were a much better side than Thistle. Not that that's saying much right enough.

Β