Play offs - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Its quiet pathetic for sevconians to be obsessed with Utd, they arent to blame for your own clubs demise.

This is also correct. The Hun SEETHE is pathetic and frankly bewildering. Maybe its the lack of UJ’s ? Dunno. It does cheer me up mind you in these dark times 

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Stephen Thompson/United were first to say no to Sevco’s quick return plea to the SPL (or whatever it was called back then). 

A few other things but that was the main one. 

Taking a better offer from Blackburn for Goodwillie

Thompson (wrongly in my opinion ) charging them a reduced fee for a replayed home game that got abandoned due to a water logged pitch 

sir jim McLean turning them down in the 80s due to their ‘traditions’

Ally Maxwell doing a ‘wall pass’ with Dave Mcpherson into Christian Daillys path in 94.

Loads more but ive had  a few 

Tannadice is a good away venue so I had hoped they would come back up but hope Livingston do it now.

Think the playoffs for the Premiership should be done in the same way format as league one and two, 4th plays 11th and 2nd plays 3rd in semi finals. The current way favours the premier league team far too much.

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Or they could have grown up as Livvy fans or not followed a team until one set up in their local area. 

After all, aren't we all supposed to support our local team? 

Or does none of that fit your anti Livingston mood? 

I couldn't have cared less who won tonight other than from what I've seen Livingston are by far the better team. 

Utd have made some of our football local silky smooth. Truly a shadow of their former selves. 

Granted, there are now a few people who can say that Livi have always been their local team, given the time that’s passed since the move. Anyone who lived there but didn’t follow a team until the move is for the watching though.

Was pretty good game considering,  United were shocking, theur number 4 was honking and MacDonald for his one or two nice touches was horrendous. 

Off to cowdenbeath / cove this afternoon ... do Cove really want to go up, thought highlanders didnae fancy it?

8 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

My Highlight was the Hun that announced a full boycott against us at Tannadice as a protest against or chairman ( who ironically was pretty much hated by United fans)  It was the first game McNamara was in charge for us. It later transpired the dozy Hun couldn’t resist seeing the game and was outed. Leading to the ‘legendary’ thread on a UNited page “ Boycott boy boycotts his own boycott” 

😀

Think that Was Mark Dingwall. A right creepy bastard who is always ripping the brain dead bastards on follow follow off.

6 hours ago, Mitre said:

Don't mind United personally although I will shed no tears for Thompson or Toilet Brush heid Spence.

Spence was/is by far one of the better scottish football journalists out there, whats your issue with him?

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Think that Was Mark Dingwall. A right creepy bastard who is always ripping the brain dead bastards on follow follow off.

I wondered if it was maybe Debian or that Eddard boy. Both seem to fit the bill. 

7 hours ago, Mitre said:

Don't mind United personally although I will shed no tears for Thompson or Toilet Brush heid Spence.

Spence is another one widely disliked by a lot of United fans after taking Thompsons coin as some sort of pathetic fans liaison role. He knows fine well what Thompson has done to the club yet rather than report the story, takes the cash and sweeps it under the carpet. Sneaky wee cunt of a man. 

4 hours ago, JasMc1973 said:

Was pretty good game considering,  United were shocking, theur number 4 was honking and MacDonald for his one or two nice touches was horrendous. 

Off to cowdenbeath / cove this afternoon ... do Cove really want to go up, thought highlanders didnae fancy it?

Some Highland league clubs fancy it and some don't - Cove are definitely a club who do.

I've watched Cove a couple of times this season and went to the play-off semi against Spartans, Cove are a decent side and by all accounts the 0-0 draw last week more than flattered Cowdenbeath.

After being homeless for a few seasons, the new Cove stadium is almost complete and it would be fitting if the first competitive league game there will be in league 2. 

I think Cove will do it.

11 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Tannadice is a good away venue so I had hoped they would come back up but hope Livingston do it now.

Think the playoffs for the Premiership should be done in the same way format as league one and two, 4th plays 11th and 2nd plays 3rd in semi finals. The current way favours the premier league team far too much.

Problem with that is that the Premiership has two extra fixtures than the lower divisions.

11 hours ago, JasMc1973 said:

Was there today. Some game! Cove definitely wanted up and should have had been up considering they were far better side in the first half. Second half was all Cowden and then Cove lost it near the end with all the Cowden time wasting. Some end to the game!

Just now, Toepoke said:

Just seen the score, Cove ended up with 8 men! :blink:

Aye, went a wee bit mental. Cowden were going down all over the place last 5-10 mins although to be fair one of the lads who claimed injury ended up on crutches after the game. Cove were biting at the time wasting. Cowden also seemed to get most of the 50/50 ref decisions too. Last min a Cove player disputed a throw in and had a mental rant at the ref, who showed him a yellow, he continued ranting at the ref after the card, ref had no other option but to show him a red. Then there was an incident near one of the dugouts, turned into a proper all in Royal Rumble! Ref sent off two Cove and also 2-3 Cowden coaching staff were sent to stands. Where they were having words with the 3 sent off Cove players. And Donald Findlay! Not sure how the ref picked out two Cove players from all that as every seemed to be having a go. As said, great ending!

4 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Aye, went a wee bit mental. Cowden were going down all over the place last 5-10 mins although to be fair one of the lads who claimed injury ended up on crutches after the game. Cove were biting at the time wasting. Cowden also seemed to get most of the 50/50 ref decisions too. Last min a Cove player disputed a throw in and had a mental rant at the ref, who showed him a yellow, he continued ranting at the ref after the card, ref had no other option but to show him a red. Then there was an incident near one of the dugouts, turned into a proper all in Royal Rumble! Ref sent off two Cove and also 2-3 Cowden coaching staff were sent to stands. Where they were having words with the 3 sent off Cove players. And Donald Findlay! Not sure how the ref picked out two Cove players from all that as every seemed to be having a go. As said, great ending!

The Cove manager went too