Mixmag article on House Music in Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mixmag article on House Music in Scotland

http://mixmag.net/feature/raveheart-how-house-music-exploded-in-scotland

Decent article if you are interested.

Interesting quote in it: 

At its height, it seemed like everyone wanted in on the action. Harri cites an incident one night at the Sub as an example: “I remember the captain of the Scottish football team, off his face, trying to order drinks at the cloakroom.”

I can't imagine Roy Aitken off his tits on swedgers. Was there anyone else it could have been in 1989?

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Gough?

He was in the 90s. By my reckoning it's either Roy Aitken, Alex McLeish, Paul McStay or Jim Leighton.

Unless Harri is talking pish of course.

9 minutes ago, Mitre said:

He was in the 90s. By my reckoning it's either Roy Aitken, Alex McLeish, Paul McStay or Jim Leighton.

Unless Harri is talking pish of course.

Harri doesn't seem the kinda guy to make things but he might be off with his dates.

My money is on Gough, it being 89 but Harri's memory playing tricks on him as being captain at the time.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've no been to the Subby in about a year.

That'll be getting rectified after Electric Frog.

I went about two years ago and I felt my age, still the best place about though and the line ups every weekend are consistently good.