Gary Neville team of the year - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gary Neville team of the year

49 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See that Robertson has made it into Neville's team, not bad considering he hasn't when played a full season

I've seen quite a few ex pros down there say he should have been in the team of the year ahead of the boy from Chelsea.

14 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See that Robertson has made it into Neville's team, not bad considering he hasn't when played a full season

Was he not rubbishing Robertson a few months ago? I had the impression at the time that it was a bit dismissive and lumping him into the reasons why Liverpool's defence was so poor but he certainly wasn't talking him up.

Anyway, just goes to show how his stock has risen.

I hope this isn't too controversial but seeing Rangers let Tierney wander through their defence at the weekend it's hard to be able to compare the two.

Edited by SkyBlueScot
Spelling

14 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I hope this isn't too controversial but seeing Rangers let Tierney wander through their defence at the weekend it's hard to be able to compare the two.

Am I alone in hoping Tierney gets out of Celtic and makes a move to a top EPL club?

Man Utd have a gaping hole at left back, with Shaw in and out of favour, while Young is hardly a long term solution. Tierney would fit perfectly and it would do him the world of good playing at a better level every week.

3 hours ago, andyD said:

Am I alone in hoping Tierney gets out of Celtic and makes a move to a top EPL club?

Man Utd have a gaping hole at left back, with Shaw in and out of favour, while Young is hardly a long term solution. Tierney would fit perfectly and it would do him the world of good playing at a better level every week.

Agreed. I hope he doesn’t do a McStay.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I can't see him leaving Celtic before 10IAR.

Love the idea.. but.. at least triple his wage, working with a whole new level of players, a manager who's won titles in italy, england and spain, and a shot, potentially, at actually winning the champions league.

If i were him and man utd came knocking i'd be off like a shot. No need to spend 3 years going thru the motions to secure what seems like a forgone conclusion of 10iar.

26 minutes ago, andyD said:

Love the idea.. but.. at least triple his wage, working with a whole new level of players, a manager who's won titles in italy, england and spain, and a shot, potentially, at actually winning the champions league.

If i were him and man utd came knocking i'd be off like a shot. No need to spend 3 years going thru the motions to secure what seems like a forgone conclusion of 10iar.

He's a massive Celtic fan though, he'll be made for life regardless of when he leaves.

I know it's very uncommon in football but he might just stay for a few more years yet and live the dream. He's basically living the dream of every Celtic fan on the planet.

I'd say he's unlike most footballers in the fact that he was a fan who went week in, week out and followed the team with his dad and family.

It's also the chance to put himself into Celtic history as he'll be the captain if they do 10IAR.

For some folk, it's not simply about money. Look at Totti at Roma or Le Tiss at Sotuhampton, both bucked the trend and stayed with the club they loved ahead of chasing money when they could have made millions more elsewhere.

I think he'll definitely leave Celtic eventually but I honestly can't see it before 10IAR.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's a massive Celtic fan though, he'll be made for life regardless of when he leaves.

I know it's very uncommon in football but he might just stay for a few more years yet and live the dream. He's basically living the dream of every Celtic fan on the planet.

I'd say he's unlike most footballers in the fact that he was a fan who went week in, week out and followed the team with his dad and family.

It's also the chance to put himself into Celtic history as he'll be the captain if they do 10IAR.

For some folk, it's not simply about money. Look at Totti at Roma or Le Tiss at Sotuhampton, both bucked the trend and stayed with the club they loved ahead of chasing money when they could have made millions more elsewhere.

I think he'll definitely leave Celtic eventually but I honestly can't see it before 10IAR.

Le Tiss was actually massive Spurs fan as a kid and did have opportunity to join them but turned it down. Wasn’t quite as much money around then either

11 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Le Tiss was actually massive Spurs fan as a kid and did have opportunity to join them but turned it down. Wasn’t quite as much money around then either

Yeah but he felt at home at Southampton and therefore never left, even though he had much better offers. That's my point.

2 hours ago, andyD said:

Back to Robertson for a moment..
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/43984471

Mark Lawrenson waxing lyrical about him, rating him at 40 mil.
Which for a morose old lump like Lawrenson is pretty astounding, he never says anything positive about anything!

To think most Liverpool fans were seriously questioning the decision to buy him, mainly because he only played for Hull and being Scottish he must be sh**te

18 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

To think most Liverpool fans were seriously questioning the decision to buy him, mainly because he only played for Hull and being Scottish he must be sh**te

To be fair that’s not an unreasonable assumption although invalid in this case.