£88 a ticket - Page 2 - Peru v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

£88 a ticket

kumnio

I’m a spineless fucker. I just went and bought both tickets. 😩

My anger and shock from yesterday has cooled down. Plus, She’s egging me on. I think She just wants to make sure I’m defo away so She can hae oor gairdener Ramirez’s full attention. 

35 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I’m a spineless fucker. I just went and bought both tickets. 😩

My anger and shock from yesterday has cooled down. Plus, She’s egging me on. I think She just wants to make sure I’m defo away so She can hae oor gairdener Ramirez’s full attention. 

Do you usually get Ramirezs attention instead. Quite an apt name isnt it? Ram me erse.

Question that might seem silly:

The SFA were asking folk to send proof of travel. I’m assuming that because I’m collecting my tickets over there that I don’t need to prove I’m travelling obviously? As I never saw anything when buying tickets.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Question that might seem silly:

The SFA were asking folk to send proof of travel. I’m assuming that because I’m collecting my tickets over there that I don’t need to prove I’m travelling obviously? As I never saw anything when buying tickets.

I took it that everyone would need to send it. Maybe not tho. Email them and ask. 

You have to ask who the feck would harvest a ticket at £88?  Also who is gonna check the details as they are still toiling to get this years Membership cards out.. If there was ahard way to do things the SFA would look at it and say we can trump this .. 

On 4/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, Parsno1 said:

I took it that everyone would need to send it. Maybe not tho. Email them and ask. 

I did email and they confirmed that regardless if you are collecting over there or not, you still have to provide proof of both flights and accomodations. 

On 4/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, Ormond said:

I did email and they confirmed that regardless if you are collecting over there or not, you still have to provide proof of both flights and accomodations. 

Who do these people think they are? On what basis can they enforce that?

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

On the basis that they’d simply refuse you a ticket. Although, I do agree with your gripe. Goodness knows why they have to have BOTH flight and digs proof. Surely just a flight would do? 

9 minutes ago, Ormond said:

On the basis that they’d simply refuse you a ticket. Although, I do agree with your gripe. Goodness knows why they have to have BOTH flight and digs proof. Surely just a flight would do? 

The only reasonable request is your proof of SSC membership.

How you get there and where you are staying is your own business and a matter for local border control, not the SFA.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

They only reasonable request is your proof of SSC membership.

How you get there and where you are staying is your own business and a matter for local border control, not the SFA.

Like I said, I agree with you. We both know what happens if I dared to raise any issue though. 

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

The only reasonable request is your proof of SSC membership.

Agree 100% - the same thing happened for Holland (If i recall correctly) - it is NONE of their business at all.

100% pick , even with prices , must be more efficient.

19 minutes ago, jimstroma said:

Surprised at ticket sales closing after a week. We ordered ours, but I never seen any email advising this, hopefully no one missed out!

I read some have missed out. The 2 day late sale still had the original cut-off which I think is pure pish. This whole process has been a...... nah, never mind. I know someone who had their membership cancelled for less. 

8 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Point 55 in :THE SCOTLAND SUPPORTERS CLUB TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP  

55.    The issuing of an Away Match ticket is conditional on each Member producing to the Scottish FA copies of valid travel documentation as may be requested by the Scottish FA from time to time

29 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

55.    The issuing of an Away Match ticket is conditional on each Member producing to the Scottish FA copies of valid travel documentation as may be requested by the Scottish FA from time to time

Why would they need both flights and hotel then? If it’s about harvesting, do they think guys would fork out the best part of a grand on flights then lie to them about needing a hotel?

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

Why would they need both flights and hotel then? If it’s about harvesting, do they think guys would fork out the best part of a grand on flights then lie to them about needing a hotel?

I've no idea. I only pointed out the rule which validates their request.

7 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

It's unenforceable.

What travel documentation do you produce if you drive over a border to get to an away game?