Steven Gerrard - as a manager ? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Gerrard - as a manager ?

Replacing a coach who’s main criticism is his lack of experience with a pundit that’s probably never been to a Scottish game and has no experience....

Makes sense.

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc

I don't see the harm in giving it a go.  He was club captain for a fair (majority?) chunk of his career so the leadership qualities should be there.  He's bound to have a good amount of contacts in the game as well.  

51 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Replacing a coach who’s main criticism is his lack of experience with a pundit that’s probably never been to a Scottish game and has no experience....

Makes sense.

:lol:

He was at the 2-3 Old Firm game just recently. 

2 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Some Rangers supporters won't be happy with this 'Raised Catholic, he attended St Michael's Primary School and Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School'. Will he be accepted if he gets the job?

I wouldn’t think it would matter, while I don’t see them appointing Neil Lennon, I’d guess Pedro was a catholic and I’m sure a fair few of the squad, particularly his Latin signings are too...

Not to say it wouldnt be a stick to beat him with if things turned sour...

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I wouldn’t think it would matter, while I don’t see them appointing Neil Lennon, I’d guess Pedro was a catholic and I’m sure a fair few of the squad, particularly his Latin signings are too...

Be careful, that's Tarrier talk...

I'll be honest, I haven't read or seen the coverage. Seen the headlines, of course, but this is a genuine question.

In all of the media coverage, has there been any direct quotes attributable to Gerrard?

Guest BlueGaz
20 minutes ago, Flure said:

I'll be honest, I haven't read or seen the coverage. Seen the headlines, of course, but this is a genuine question.

In all of the media coverage, has there been any direct quotes attributable to Gerrard?

I don't think so - not that I have seen anyway.  Some of the sources I have seen mention it are normally very accurate, however, have also been wrong in the past.  I still can't see this myself.  It is about the 3rd 'dead cert - done deal' I have seen in the last couple of weeks.  

First thought when I heard it was "headline grabbing to please the fans" was my first thought.

Maybe talks will take place, but would not be shocked if a statement not long after "could not agree to terms", with Billy Davis or someone else a lot more low key appointed a few hours later.

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

One of Gerrards weans is called Lourdes.

Please tell me this has been discussed on Rangers Media!

In that case, he might just be the miracle-worker they need.

Being a good player doesn't guarantee being a good manager but he'd help sell season's tickets and he'd probably be able to attract some good players.

John James reporting that Gerrard has been well briefed on Sevco's situation and is asking the same questions as McInnes (but who knows?)

Would love them to roll the dice again on an unproven appointment.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Being a good player doesn't guarantee being a good manager but he'd help sell season's tickets and he'd probably be able to attract some good players.

John James reporting that Gerrard has been well briefed on Sevco's situation and is asking the same questions as McInnes (but who knows?)

John James reporting, comedy gold Scotty.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Apologies.

I should have added "but who knows?"

No need to apologise I just think it's ridiculous that attention seeking arseholes with a blog and twitter account can be considered as reporting anything, especially one with such a lack of objectivity as James

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

John James 😂😂😂😂😂

How the feck would that cunt know!!  He's been proven a liar for everyone of his posts... Remember he said Richard Gough served a notice on him, and it came out he'd photoshopped a letter he found on google.  He's brain dead... like yourself