A statement that “beggars belief” - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A statement that “beggars belief”

12 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Spot on.  Time to fight back and stand up is now.  And thats what we are doing.  The TAMB mafia knew our day would always come back.  But rejoiced in fact we were on our knees.  But as Scotty believes in resurrections.  This is going to be the resurrection to end them all.  Watch it and squirm bhoys and sheep.

Ha ha wtf are you on about? 

13 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

They already have. 

It's funny. When Hibs cut Rangers allocation a few weeks ago the theme on here was well done for standing up for your own fans. Now when Rangers do virtually the same thing, it's the guff posted over the last few hours. 

Anyone would think the posters on here were hypocritical twats, if they didn't know any better. 🤔

Rangers looking after their own fans first and foremost is the right thing to do. Fair play to them. However, as SH says below, it appears to me to be little more than a deflection tactic to stop folk questioning the glib and shameless liar's stewardship of the club. 

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

ps gpod to see the Rangers fans taking the deflection tactics just as mad Dave intended.

Never change. 

Yup. A large, large majority of Huns are utterly predictable. 

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

There is no-one directly behind the corner so it's just the corners of the other stands. I'd imagine they'll leave a few rows empty with a couple of lines of police or stewards which should prevent people throwing things (though it's a sad state we need to try to prevent people from trying to do this in the first place). 

It’s been going on for the 15 years or so the Away fans have been in that corner, so can’t see it stopping because it’s Celtic fans they can throw things at.

Given the frothing at the mouth lunatics that seem to congregate at the segregation I can’t inagine what it’s like when Celtic visit.

(I can’t understand how someone can get so upset and angry at what’s going on in the Away end, yet choose a season ticket on the segregation line. :lol: however I digress, this applies to every ground.)

13 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I agree. He is playing a blinder and stepping upbto the mark. Butbwe have the funds. Just wont lay over odds now. Good business sense. Fergus mccann had that and saved celtic. Now we are doing it.... but hey. No one likes us and all that. U know that what goes around comes around. And that is what is happeneing in scotland just now. Rangers are too big a club in world history to not get off the ground and come back. Surely you all knew that. I did ☺

It just seems that you really, really need the money up front.

The average price of a season book ticket will be less than the price of the individual tickets sold through out the season.

You could be out of money before the January window. 

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Do you admit jesus was dead? 

Jesus died on the cross, yes.

Yet u follow him. 

Absolutely.

Follow follow ??

Down in the valley with my Savior I will go,
Where the flow’rs are blooming and the sweet waters flow;
Everywhere He leads me I will follow, follow on,
Walking in His footsteps till the crown be won.  

• Refrain:
    Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
    Anywhere, everywhere, I will follow on!
    Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
    Everywhere He leads me I will follow on!
Down in the valley with my Savior I will go,
Where the storms are sweeping and the dark waters flow;
With His hand to lead me I will never, never fear,
Danger cannot fright me if my Lord is near.

Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep,
Close beside my Savior will my soul ever keep;
He will lead me safely in the path that He has trod,
Up to where they gather on the hills of God.

36 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The average price of a season book ticket will be less than the price of the individual tickets sold through out the season.

I know clubs have been accused of short term planning in the past, but this would be a new level.

:lol:

Although I can assume, the 1st game between the pair will be at parkhead in September (reverse of last season), return fixture at Ibrox last game before the winter break, parkhead March, Ibrox post split in a dead rubber or before title can be wrapped up.

So it would give Rangers money now they wouldn’t see otherwise until late December and April/May next year.

Edited by sbcmfc

52 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Given that the majority of people pay their season tickets up over 4 or 10 months then they won't be getting the money up front regardless.

Next!!

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Given that the majority of people pay their season tickets up over 4 or 10 months then they won't be getting the money up front regardless.

Next!!

Is that not through a finance company?

Motherwell do a 3 month instalment option paid May June July, or a finance option paid over full season, but MFC will get the money upfront with the finance option, you’re effectively taking out a loan with the finance company.

Id be surprised if you could pay your season ticket over 10 months, if for no other reason you could just stop paying if the team are shite at Christmas.

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc

13 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Don't be Diddy. The turks were looking for over 4 million euros. Skrtel isn't worth that so whether we have the cash or not the best result for Rangers is not to sign him. 

You think a good outcome is bad simply because you choose to view everything that way. 

Having your viewpoint on things defined for you by others is pretty sad. 

WTF?

Thats some brilliant spin there RB

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Rangers looking after their own fans first and foremost is the right thing to do. Fair play to them. However, as SH says below, it appears to me to be little more than a deflection tactic to stop folk questioning the glib and shameless liar's stewardship of the club. 

Yup. A large, large majority of Huns are utterly predictable. 

So because Rangers do a good thing for their fans you think we'll ignore Dodgy Dave's other nonsense? 

Sorry but that's just nonsense of Scotty proportions. 

It's perfectly easy to applaud the club for a good move whilst criticising plenty of other things, such as allowing Jabba to still have a job embarrassing the club on a regular basis with his stupid statements

38 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So because Rangers do a good thing for their fans you think we'll ignore Dodgy Dave's other nonsense? 

Sorry but that's just nonsense of Scotty proportions. 

It's perfectly easy to applaud the club for a good move whilst criticising plenty of other things, such as allowing Jabba to still have a job embarrassing the club on a regular basis with his stupid statements

Funny that, as i listened to a bit of Clyde SS last night and not one Rangers fan phoned up to complain about the running of the club from the fraudster. Loads phoned up praising them for "putting Gers first" though. 

To try and claim that many fans aren't duped in to accepting a shambolic running of the club by deflection tactics such as this, just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Rangers fans ARE accepting "Dodgy Dave's other nonsense". Hence why he's still in charge and fans all over social media are chugging themselves in to a frenzy regarding Gerrard.  

46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Funny that, as i listened to a bit of Clyde SS last night and not one Rangers fan phoned up to complain about the running of the club from the fraudster. Loads phoned up praising them for "putting Gers first" though. 

To try and claim that many fans aren't duped in to accepting a shambolic running of the club by deflection tactics such as this, just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Rangers fans ARE accepting "Dodgy Dave's other nonsense". Hence why he's still in charge and fans all over social media are chugging themselves in to a frenzy regarding Gerrard.  

So to sum up.............huns are thick as fuck! :rollsmile:

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's not like Clyde would select calls based on a developing story or anything

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

WTF?

Thats some brilliant spin there RB

What spin? Whether by choice or accident the right decision has been reached. We're not spunking millions on a defender with no resale value. 

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

This is your entire argument? The halfwits and loudmouths that frequent phone ins and Follow Follow? 

Jesus wept but that's desperate. I have no idea how many Rangers fans I know but I'd guess its more than you heard on Clyde by a factor of 10 at least. Not one of them trusts Dave King. 

Theyre happy with a couple of his recent decisions but that's it. If another buyer appeared on the scene they'd happily ditch King if the new guy was anywhere near reasonable.. 

In the mean time the fans groups are buying as many shares as they can get. It's essentially all they can do just now. 

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

It's not like Clyde would select calls based on a developing story or anything

Or that more people would be interested in the latest "developing story" (I'd call it "deflection tactic") 

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This is your entire argument? The halfwits and loudmouths that frequent phone ins and Follow Follow? 

Jesus wept but that's desperate. I have no idea how many Rangers fans I know but I'd guess its more than you heard on Clyde by a factor of 10 at least. Not one of them trusts Dave King. 

Sorry, do some Rangers fans count more than others? No desperation  just not cherry picking fans like you  

Im sure some see through it. Unfortunately loads of people are thickos and this shit is undoubtedly working on them. 

Theyre happy with a couple of his recent decisions but that's it. If another buyer appeared on the scene they'd happily ditch King if the new guy was anywhere near reasonable.. 

I mind the fanfare with which the last guy came in. Surely he'd be the guy to take charge...

In the mean time the fans groups are buying as many shares as they can get. It's essentially all they can do just now. 

Is it? I'd have thought protests against King, boycotting season tickets/merchandise, etc would be pretty effective. 

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Is buying shares not just giving money to King.

Children children. What did the romans ever do for us???? My family were so poor when i was a wee boy if i didnt wake up on xmas morning with a stiff one i would have had nothing to play with. And if the tamb didnt have the world record holders aka the gers. What would u all talk about????? Fuck all. I have just looked at the tamb statistics and 52.3% mentions or is about rangers. 

Edit. I also found out that 60% of statistics are made up.

Edited by Rolling hIlls
Correction

10 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Children children. What did the romans ever do for us???? My family were so poor when i was a wee boy if i didnt wake up on xmas morning with a stiff one i would have had nothing to play with. And if the tamb didnt have the world record holders aka the gers. What would u all talk about????? Fuck all. I have just looked at the tamb statistics and 52.3% mentions or is about rangers. 

Edit. I also found out that 60% of statistics are made up.

The Tamb is also the most watched forum on sky sports. 

15 hours ago, Parklife said:

Or that more people would be interested in the latest "developing story" (I'd call it "deflection tactic") 

Sorry, do some Rangers fans count more than others? No desperation  just not cherry picking fans like you  

Im sure some see through it. Unfortunately loads of people are thickos and this shit is undoubtedly working on them. 

I mind the fanfare with which the last guy came in. Surely he'd be the guy to take charge...

Is it? I'd have thought protests against King, boycotting season tickets/merchandise, etc would be pretty effective. 

Yeah protests and with holding money from the club will help. 

It'll help bring about another administration. 

The fans have to build their grip on as much of the club as possible and hope that others will help them to whatever extent. 

Supporting the club does not mean supporting Dave King. It's pretty simple really.