A statement that “beggars belief” - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A statement that “beggars belief”

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

When we went down everybody was talking about us.  When we return to the brink of greatness again.  Everybody talks about us.  That is why we are called The Famous Glasgow Rangers.  Simple.

If you had shown this much passion and love for your team first time round, they might not have went out of business.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic fans forced that change to be fair. 

They were far more proactive than Rangers have been.

Depends what book you read and what you want to believe.  None so blind as those that will not see.  Different circumstances but if not for McCann Celtic would have gone under.  But that's history now.  And you cant change that except your view on it.  One mans William Wallace etc.  Fact is Rangers have been box office on here and ridiculed for 4 years.  Count the pages.  But we are back and hopefully we get the chance to write history again and write our own pages on here.  With a smile and a laugh!!  Stand on boys.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

*laughing at you

Where is it u finished again that u were laughing at Gers?  Seems strange for a team that finished below us??  When you can buy all the cups that we have won, when you can buy Mrs Thorntons son.  When you can buy all the stars in the sky.  Then you can buy Willie Waddell.  World records don't come to every club.  Your pies are good mind 😄

The problem is it’s a reciprocal arrangement, they cut Celtic’s allocation, I can only imagine Celtic will do the same in return.

I presume there was an agreement between the clubs that lead to the arrangements they had of ~ 8000 Away fans.

So it’s just posturing from Ibrox.

1 minute ago, Blackpool78 said:

King is playing a blinder again........no funds to buy top transfer target but the press will run with the allocation cut instead of the real story 

I agree. He is playing a blinder and stepping upbto the mark. Butbwe have the funds. Just wont lay over odds now. Good business sense. Fergus mccann had that and saved celtic. Now we are doing it.... but hey. No one likes us and all that. U know that what goes around comes around. And that is what is happeneing in scotland just now. Rangers are too big a club in world history to not get off the ground and come back. Surely you all knew that. I did ☺

28 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

But unless those tickets are £100 more expensive Rangers will be losing money compared with this season.

They’ll probably sell a lot more of the full season tickets than they would of the partial ones so there should definitely be a financial gain. Not sure how much mind you. It’s juys posturing from King. I also believe that the orange strip is happening which is fucking cringeworthy, regardless of how much revenue it brings in. 

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I also believe that the orange strip is happening which is fucking cringeworthy, regardless of how much revenue it brings in. 

It’s already on sale in Turkey...

:lol:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2687608/rangers-fake-orange-hummel-strip-on-sale-in-turkey/

Edited by sbcmfc

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The problem is it’s a reciprocal arrangement, they cut Celtic’s allocation, I can only imagine Celtic will do the same in return.

I presume there was an agreement between the clubs that lead to the arrangements they had of ~ 8000 Away fans.

So it’s just posturing from Ibrox.

Nah- it means we can sell full priced season tickets for that stand.

New season tickets including Celtic are hard to come by.

6 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Nah- it means we can sell full priced season tickets for that stand.

New season tickets including Celtic are hard to come by.

It will mean virtually no chance of getting a ticket for Parkhead for most fans. Which is fine now, while they’re being humiliated on most visits, but not so good when Rolling Hills sees Rangers domination become reality. 😛

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

It will mean virtually no chance of getting a ticket for Parkhead for most fans. Which is fine now, while they’re being humiliated on most visits, but not so good when Rolling Hills sees Rangers domination become reality. 😛

To be fair, there was almost no chance before. Our bus used to get 2 between 60 odd.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

ps gpod to see the Rangers fans taking the deflection tactics just as mad Dave intended.

Never change. 

Yip. Fucking idiots. I look forward to Mr Gerrard becoming a dirty tarrier bastard to them by October and Dave King having to get the Shankhill protestant boys flute band over for half time entertainment to get the mutants back on side again.

Rinse and repeat year after year.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

King is playing a blinder again........no funds to buy top transfer target but the press will run with the allocation cut instead of the real story 

Don't be Diddy. The turks were looking for over 4 million euros. Skrtel isn't worth that so whether we have the cash or not the best result for Rangers is not to sign him. 

You think a good outcome is bad simply because you choose to view everything that way. 

Having your viewpoint on things defined for you by others is pretty sad. 

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Spot on.  Time to fight back and stand up is now.  And thats what we are doing.  The TAMB mafia knew our day would always come back.  But rejoiced in fact we were on our knees.  But as Scotty believes in resurrections.  This is going to be the resurrection to end them all.  Watch it and squirm bhoys and sheep.

(So you admit you were dead? rumour.gif )

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Where do you see the seethe, bitterness and hurt on here Mox? I only see from the 'Bears' on TAMB which is only board I view or post on a gleeful delight that we are back.  So, sorry what you see must be on other boards ma friend.  We are as happy tired as the bears that went to the picnic x

:sing:  See them gaily gad about...

(Anyway, you're gonna kill the atmosphere at the new old firm games.)

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

But unless those tickets are £100 more expensive Rangers will be losing money compared with this season.

The full season tickets are around £80-£100 more with Celtic games than without. The fact that these seats will be guaranteed to be sold each game of the season, the reduced police costs, the reduced cost of replacing broken seats/fixing other damage means that we will be making more money rather than loosing out.

26 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

The full season tickets are around £80-£100 more with Celtic games than without. The fact that these seats will be guaranteed to be sold each game of the season, the reduced police costs, the reduced cost of replacing broken seats/fixing other damage means that we will be making more money rather than loosing out.

I thought they quietly settled the bill for any damage caused by the Away fans?

It’s also going to be a nightmare to police the Rangers fans above the corner. Nobody bothers that much with stuff getting thrown at diddy team fans, but could be an issue at an old firm game.

Will it reduce the overall capacity? As 2 lots of segregation?

30 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought they quietly settled the bill for any damage caused by the Away fans?

It’s also going to be a nightmare to police the Rangers fans above the corner. Nobody bothers that much with stuff getting thrown at diddy team fans, but could be an issue at an old firm game.

Will it reduce the overall capacity? As 2 lots of segregation?

Regardless of the way the damage is settled having less than 1000 of each set it fans at either ground will significantly reduce the damaged caused.

There is no-one directly behind the corner so it's just the corners of the other stands. I'd imagine they'll leave a few rows empty with a couple of lines of police or stewards which should prevent people throwing things (though it's a sad state we need to try to prevent people from trying to do this in the first place). 

I think the capacity will be slightly reduced but will be no more than a couple of hundred.

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

Fair doos.  Although as Scotty alluded to it could diminish the Old Firm atmosphere when it's set up just like a game against one of us diddies ;)