Worst live band you've ever seen - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Worst live band you've ever seen

20 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Appropriate use of semi-colons often comes down to 'feel' rather than any strict adherence to grammatical rules, but, on the whole, they can be used instead of a full stop where two grammatically independent sentences are closely connected in terms of meaning. This means that they can often take the place of conjunctions like 'but' or 'so':

"Semi-colons cause confusion; a lot of people avoid them." ... "Stadiums and arenas make shite music venues; I rarely go to a gig that holds more than a few hundred folk."

The important thing is that the clauses on either side of the semi-colon can stand alone grammatically (so they're not like commas). You can also use them when giving a list when the contents of the list are grammatically complex so that you need commas to punctuate individual elements of the list.

Doddle.

I didn't even get a notification that I'd been quoted 😀

Anyhow:  What about colons?

25 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I didn't even get a notification that I'd been quoted 😀

Anyhow:  What about colons?

At least you didn't ask "what about semis". 

That could lead into a totally different debate. 😃

On 4/23/2018 at 10:55 PM, dan cake said:

Surprised Dylan hasn't got a mention yet, a few older guys at work have seen him numerous times. Ranging from brilliant to utter Shi.te and everything in between

I've seen Dylan twice now, once shite, once great.

On 4/24/2018 at 10:12 AM, Larky Masher said:

Saw Rush,  shite, 

😮  I love Rush.  Would give my left testicular for them to do one more tour.

Worst band I've seen live would probably be Slayer.  I love my metal, but they were all over the place.

23 hours ago, Scunnered said:

I've seen Dylan twice now, once shite, once great.

😮  I love Rush.  Would give my left testicular for them to do one more tour.

Worst band I've seen live would probably be Slayer.  I love my metal, but they were all over the place.

Not a massive fan but it has the be said the 3 lads in Rush are masters of their instruments.