Kilmarnock and Steve Clarke - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilmarnock and Steve Clarke

23 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You've already shown that there's no point arguing with stupid.

You think managers should only be judged on trophies, I therefore give up as you clearly are clueless.

Nah, he's right.

If Martin Canning finished 2nd in all competitions with the current Hamilton squad, he would only have done 'ok' and not really achieved much as he hadn't won anything :lol:

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Nah, he's right.

If Martin Canning finished 2nd in all competitions with the current Hamilton squad, he would only have done 'ok' and not really achieved much as he hadn't won anything :lol:

If the idiot bothered to look at the English Premiership, everything is based on getting results and winning trophies.

1 hour ago, robbo cop said:

If the idiot bothered to look at the English Premiership, everything is based on getting results and winning trophies.

You mean the EPL that everyone creams themselves about the race to finish 4th? The league that is even more a one horse race than up here? Or the play off game in the Championship where the team finishing 6th can get promoted in the self proclaimed richest game in football?

Glad we're speaking idiot now as it seems it's the only language you understand.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think Murty has done OK but he had to beat Celtic in the cup for any real meaning to the season. 

Instead he chose daft tactics and got his arse handed to him. 

The fact that Derek McInnes keeps doing the same thing against Celtic and failing means Murty should have known better. 

I'd like to see him move back to his old job but not sure he'll fancy that now. 

Agree mate.  You wonder why managers canny see it.  We are all experts right enough.  Who would you like to see?

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You mean the EPL that everyone creams themselves about the race to finish 4th? The league that is even more a one horse race than up here? Or the play off game in the Championship where the team finishing 6th can get promoted in the self proclaimed richest game in football?

Glad we're speaking idiot now as it seems it's the only language you understand.

A bit like you creaming yourself at Kilmarnock finishing 5th. As for using the word idiot......if you can't take an insult back then don't hand them out.

If finishing 4th would mean my team making millions then I would be a tad excited as well......oh dear you really are not as smart you think^?^^?^

24 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Agree mate.  You wonder why managers canny see it.  We are all experts right enough.  Who would you like to see?

I had high hopes for Murty as he seemed to be sorting most of the Pedro problems out, although it'll take ages to shift some of the players. 

However his tactical naivety is too much. We need an experienced manager who knows how to handle a squad of under performing half wits. 

Clarke could do that but not sure his type of football would be acceptable. Killie are punt and rush merchants just now and not pretty to watch. 

Potter from Ostersunds might be a good shout but he'd be a gamble too as he has no real track record before that, as far as I know. 

Definitely not De Boer. 

Basically I'm struggling to think of the best choice. 🤔

I believe Steven Gerrard was odds on tonight.

:lol:

Bizarre one, did someone see him on TV and start a rumour??

edit:

had read a couple of pages and thought this was the Rangers manager job thread...

Edited by sbcmfc

13 hours ago, robbo cop said:

A bit like you creaming yourself at Kilmarnock finishing 5th. As for using the word idiot......if you can't take an insult back then don't hand them out.

If finishing 4th would mean my team making millions then I would be a tad excited as well......oh dear you really are not as smart you think^?^^?^

Sorry, RC but if a fan can't get excited about his team having an upturn in fortunes then what's the point in supporting a team? 

Finishing 4th and making millions. Is that what football is to you?

"Oooohhh we got pumped out the cup and finished 4th but will you just look at that balance sheet!!" 

Get a grip, man.

14 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Who's your team out of interest?

100% guaranteed you are one of those English attention seekers you see at Scotland away games.

Don't worry, I can take insults.

It's just hard to argue with simpletons like yourself.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Sorry, RC but if a fan can't get excited about his team having an upturn in fortunes then what's the point in supporting a team? 

"Oooohhh we got pumped out the cup and finished 4th but will you just look at that balance sheet!!" 

Get a grip, man.

He's only doing what Sky Sports tell him to do.

Probably never been to a Scottish club game in his puff. You know the type.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Who's your team out of interest?

100% guaranteed you are one of those English attention seekers you see at Scotland away games.

Don't worry, I can take insults.

It's just hard to argue with simpletons like yourself.

Aberdeen is my team and been to more games than you probably ever will go to. As for Scotland, I have see all the high's and lows so you got it wrong again.:P

Just now, robbo cop said:

Aberdeen is my team and been to more games than you probably ever will go to. As for Scotland, I have see all the high's and lows so you got it wrong again.:P

I must say though, you are good entertainment value, you take the bait every single time.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Get a grip, man.

Finishing 4th is not what football is to me, I was pointing out to Humper how the English Prem is always based on results.

8 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Finishing 4th is not what football is to me, I was pointing out to Humper how the English Prem is always based on results.

That makes no sense?? The epl is all about money, nothing else. You said it was about winning trophies earlier then totally changed your mind when others pointed out you were talking bollocks. Make your mind up. And if you are an aberdeen fan I am a dutchman 

Guest BlueGaz
11 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

That makes no sense?? The epl is all about money, nothing else. You said it was about winning trophies earlier then totally changed your mind when others pointed out you were talking bollocks. Make your mind up. And if you are an aberdeen fan I am a dutchman 

Tot ziens.  :wave:

11 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

When did I change my mind, I never even brought up finishing 4th till someone else did, as for what team I support what difference does that make. Some good bars in Amsterdam tho.

39 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

I was certain he was a tim

1 hour ago, robbo cop said:

Nah, you've stated it all about making millions. Read your posts above.

I don't see why you bother watching Aberdeen then as you'll never win the league and win stuff as regularly as wee diddy teams like Killie these days.

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Must be some commute each week.

Not at all as due to work, finances etc I can no longer go to watch them.  When I did stay in Aberdeen I hardly missed a game. If this means I am not a true supporter, then so be it. You have already shown ignorance by saying I have never been to a Scotland match, when clearly you have no idea. Seeing as I can no longer see Aberdeen on a regular basis, I try and get up to watch Scotland when I can. I do not have the advantage of living in an area where I can support the local team and Country.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, you've stated it all about making millions. Read your posts above.

I don't see why you bother watching Aberdeen then as you'll never win the league and win stuff as regularly as wee diddy teams like Killie these days.

Wee diddy team lol.:lol:. I suppose I started calling Killie that as well. I think we all know on here that Celtic will win the league for many seasons to come and the rest of us hope to reach a cup final every now and again.

Since Steve Clarke came in, Kilmarnock have been the best team in the league, winning more points than anyone else (maybe equal with Celtic?). To say he's not in the running for manager of the season is monumentally stupid.

Its good to see so many quality managers in Scottish football at the minute.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

19 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I had high hopes for Murty as he seemed to be sorting most of the Pedro problems out, although it'll take ages to shift some of the players. 

However his tactical naivety is too much. We need an experienced manager who knows how to handle a squad of under performing half wits. 

Clarke could do that but not sure his type of football would be acceptable. Killie are punt and rush merchants just now and not pretty to watch. 

Potter from Ostersunds might be a good shout but he'd be a gamble too as he has no real track record before that, as far as I know. 

Definitely not De Boer. 

Basically I'm struggling to think of the best choice. 🤔

Got to remember you don't really have that type of choice (I know the media make it out like you do).

In the same way McKinnes turned you down so would Clarke and most right minded managers. For at least as long sevco keep making embarrassing statements, revealing the mess behind the scenes, nobody is going to touch it.

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Got to remember you don't really have that type of choice (I know the media make it out like you do).

In the same way McKinnes turned you down so would Clarke and most right minded managers. For at least as long sevco keep making embarrassing statements, revealing the mess behind the scenes, nobody is going to touch it.

You may be right but I think the names that I've mentioned would take the job. 

Personally I don't want Clarke but I'm struggling to think of better qualified managers that we could actually get.