Kilmarnock and Steve Clarke - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilmarnock and Steve Clarke

30 minutes ago, aaid said:

Parklife spinning and twisting things, Wow, Shockerooni.

I never spun or twisted anything. You're the one who's getting all het up over nothing. 

Perhaps explain to me how - for example - Aberdeen's 1983 ECWC win has any relevance to the current team, management, staff, club's relative position, etc., etc.,   and in the same way, Rangers winning the ECWC in 1972 or Celtic winning the EC in 1967?

I never claimed it was relevant. Tell me how Killie winning the cup in 1997 is relevant? As the initial debate started when 'Humper mentioned "the last 25 years". However, it was only an Aberdeen fan mentioning their club's achievements that you took umbrage with... 

1 hour ago, robbo cop said:

Clever answer for the likes of you....I really did not think you had the brains to think up something so funny. Did you borrow the one family brain cell.

You've already shown that there's no point arguing with stupid.

You think managers should only be judged on trophies, I therefore give up as you clearly are clueless.

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

It will be Rodgers, I’d say it should be between him and Clarke. The problem is that while Clarke has done a pretty amazing job in a short timescale, in a sense he hasn’t actually achieved anything yet. The skelping from Aberdeen at the weekend doesn’t help his case either.

Skelping? Must have been at a different game from me!

That said, we were missing  Macdonald, McKenzie, Jones and Mulumbu so it was a weakened side as all 4 would have started.

43 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I never spun or twisted anything. You're the one who's getting all het up over nothing. 

I never claimed it was relevant. Tell me how Killie winning the cup in 1997 is relevant? As the initial debate started when 'Humper mentioned "the last 25 years". However, it was only an Aberdeen fan mentioning their club's achievements that you took umbrage with... 

I only brought that up as Terminator said we never win anything.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I only brought that up as Terminator said we never win anything.

Yeah, i've no issue with anyone talking about their club's achievements. 

I was just remarking on aaid's inconsistency and expressing my surprise that a Chelsea fan would care so much about Aberdeen... ;)

1 hour ago, aaid said:

TBH, I really couldn't give a toss about Aberdeen, it was the original post of - "lets look at some arbitrary timescale that makes my club look better than they are" that annoyed me.   Either look across the whole of history or look at a timeframe that is relevant to the current day.

The whole of history, with a quick wiki search says,

Rangers 115

Celtic 103

Aberdeen 19

I feel I’ve started a whole new war here :rollsmile:

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, i've no issue with anyone talking about their club's achievements. 

I was just remarking on aaid's inconsistency and expressing my surprise that a Chelsea fan would care so much about Aberdeen... ;)

Or an Aberdeen fan who cares so much about Rangers?  (trolling you again!).  You deserve it for nearly closing down the board single handedly!  :spin:

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Or an Aberdeen fan who cares so much about Rangers?  (trolling you again!).  You deserve it for nearly closing down the board single handedly!  :spin:

:lol::ok: 

Rodgers doesn't deserve MoTY as his team has gone backwards domestically, performance wise and we're truly out classed in Europe. Not even any attempt at a valiant rearguard draw. 

Clarke is a maybe as he's done phenomenally well from a terrible starting position. But he has also just about landed where you'd expect Killie in a good season. 

Lennon bringing Hibs up and potentially being second is a great achievement too. His team has probably put up the most consistent fight in the games vs Celtic. 

But I'd give it to Robinson for 2 Cup finals, even if they lose the Scottish Cup. His budget is tiny and he's created a solid team with real spirit. I'd say his influence has been the biggest on his team. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rodgers doesn't deserve MoTY as his team has gone backwards domestically, performance wise and we're truly out classed in Europe. Not even any attempt at a valiant rearguard draw. 

Clarke is a maybe as he's done phenomenally well from a terrible starting position. But he has also just about landed where you'd expect Killie in a good season. 

Lennon bringing Hibs up and potentially being second is a great achievement too. His team has probably put up the most consistent fight in the games vs Celtic. 

But I'd give it to Robinson for 2 Cup finals, even if they lose the Scottish Cup. His budget is tiny and he's created a solid team with real spirit. I'd say his influence has been the biggest on his team. 

Murty for me.  That man has been put in a position RB that he has has tried his heart out.  An impossible position but his heart has been in it. and his head.  Should be given a job for life at Rangers IMO.  Not manager though.  Could be a success after what he has been through though at another team?

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Banter ma pal. Scotland Forever. You have managed to chase more folk off here than the whacky raceys'.  But your patter is no bad when you obviously have a drink inside ye.

Classic Big Ron line. :lol:

12 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Banter ma pal. Scotland Forever. You have managed to chase more folk off here than the whacky raceys'.  But your patter is no bad when you obviously have a drink inside ye.

Chased no-one off here, as you well know, Ron. 

You still obsessed with "the mad one"? 

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

Classic Big Ron line. :lol:

Indeed :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Chased no-one off here, as you well know, Ron. 

You still obsessed with "the mad one"? 

Indeed :lol: 

I'm starting to wonder if there's a thread somewhere where the victimised huns congregate to talk about parklife the chief hun chaser :lol::lol:

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm starting to wonder if there's a thread somewhere where the victimised huns congregate to talk about parklife the chief hun chaser :lol::lol:

Fuck Superman and Spiderman, THAT'S the comic book superhero i want to be!! :lol: 

15 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Murty for me.  That man has been put in a position RB that he has has tried his heart out.  An impossible position but his heart has been in it. and his head.  Should be given a job for life at Rangers IMO.  Not manager though.  Could be a success after what he has been through though at another team?

I think Murty has done OK but he had to beat Celtic in the cup for any real meaning to the season. 

Instead he chose daft tactics and got his arse handed to him. 

The fact that Derek McInnes keeps doing the same thing against Celtic and failing means Murty should have known better. 

I'd like to see him move back to his old job but not sure he'll fancy that now.