Songs you hate. - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Wake me up when September Ends" by Green Day is a song I went from loving to hating over the space of a summer, and have despised ever since.

Working in Glasgow at the time, and American Idiot was a album I loved upon its release, so would listen to it every day from start to end, with WMUWSE my favorite song on the album, then Green Day released it as a single later in the year, and it was on EVERY radio station and the video was on EVERY music channel, and just grew to hate it.

Even today when I hear it I just suddenly get the fear and just skip it!

On 22/04/2018 at 10:19 PM, Eisegerwind said:

The gatepost speaks.

I’m not on here much these days but isn’t Donny TJS the goalkeeper?

On the thread topic, Simply the Best by Tina Turner was an unlistenable dirge when it first came out. Plodding synth with all the rhythmic complexity of the Slosh and its crappy half arsed 80s production, all made it bad enough. It’s music for people who don’t like music. Its subsequent appropriation by Union Jack waving triumphalist bigots took it down even further in my estimation. Absolutely god awful.

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves is simply hideous. My aversion to it is so finely honed that I can usually get out of my seat and hit the off switch after just one note of it. It really is unmitigated crap.

Edited by neilser

45 minutes ago, neilser said:

On the thread topic, Simply the Best by Tina Turner was an unlistenable dirge when it first came out. Plodding synth with all the rhythmic complexity of the Slosh and its crappy half arsed 80s production, all made it bad enough. It’s music for people who don’t like music. Its subsequent appropriation by Union Jack waving triumphalist bigots took it down even further in my estimation. Absolutely god awful.

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves is simply hideous. My aversion to it is so finely honed that I can usually get out of my seat and hit the off switch after just one note of it. It really is unmitigated crap.

Think he is a goat herder 🤔

Zephyr Song by Red Hot Chilli Peppers.  I actually like the Chilli Peppers but Zephyr Song is terrible.  Essentially it's two bad ideas welded together: a clumsy rapped verse followed by a chorus so sugary Ned Flanders could have written it.

Use Somebody by Kings of Leon irritates me too.  A wafer-thin idea of a song from a group who made a little talent go a long, long way - yet somehow it has become a festival/stadium anthem.

2 hours ago, neilser said:

Yep, my mistake, picked that up from another poster,he is as you correctly state, the zookeeper.

8 hours ago, Mox said:

Imagine by John Lennon, another song that I understand is considered a classic but it's just utter beige.

Anyway ... This is a great shout. Not only is it beige, but it's naïve drivel - I've never understood its classic status.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, Grim Jim said:

I can't do it :(

I have to pick the Supertramp song I hate most, so I tried to start one or two on YouTube.   I just can't...

Surely 'The Logical Song' has to top the most hated of Supertramp songs?? I think I'd prefer to hear the Go Compare ad several times compared to this dirge..

20 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Anyway ... This is a great shout. Not only is it beige, but it's naïve drivel - I've never understood its classic status.

Because he died? Wasn't it only a "hit" after being re released upon his death or am I think of women or probably both