Songs you hate. - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

Stating you hate all of any genre of music, unless you happen to have listened to every song comprising that genre, is a bit silly. I strongly dislike a large proportion of Prog, Heavy Metal, and Country & Western but certainly not all of any of them.

I used the word "most" myself, but still got pulled up for being non-specific.   So being a hard rock/metal fan I went for a sort of stereotypical "rock" band I dislike.   I'd still like to see certain other folk on here being more specific too  :D

13 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I used the word "most" myself, but still got pulled up for being non-specific.   So being a hard rock/metal fan I went for a sort of stereotypical "rock" band I dislike.   I'd still like to see certain other folk on here being more specific too  :D

Thread title was songs you hate rather than genres.It was more a 'classic songs that everyone agrees are good that you hate' but that's a bit long. however can't think of any heavy metal song that isn't guff. 'Paranoid' nice tune but guff.

6 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Thread title was songs you hate rather than genres.It was more a 'classic songs that everyone agrees are good that you hate' but that's a bit long. however can't think of any heavy metal song that isn't guff. 'Paranoid' nice tune but guff.

Fine, which again rules out 'Red Red Wine' which is thought good by precisely three grannies now living in secure accommodation. I wonder if those above who slagged the entirety of reggae were under the impression that aficionados believe RRW to be the epitome of the form, holding it up as 'peak reggae' (when everyone knows that that title rightly belongs to Althea and Donna's 'Up Town Top Ranking'). 

The Pistols' 'God Save the Queen' probably fits into your redefined category. The weakest of their first three 'classic' singles by a stretch, and it's not worn well imho.

11 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Fine, which again rules out 'Red Red Wine' which is thought good by precisely three grannies now living in secure accommodation. I wonder if those above who slagged the entirety of reggae were under the impression that aficionados believe RRW to be the epitome of the form, holding it up as 'peak reggae' (when everyone knows that that title rightly belongs to Althea and Donna's 'Up Town Top Ranking'). 

The Pistols' 'God Save the Queen' probably fits into your redefined category. The weakest of their first three 'classic' singles by a stretch, and it's not worn well imho.

It would really entertain me up if you could sign off your posts with 'gatepost has spoken '.Don't think much of the Sex Pistols stuff has worn that well, however it doesn't really have to, it was a moment in time. Dont know much about reggae.

Charlene - I've never been to me. ('81 or '82 I think)  . . . .fucking despise that song, played non stop on the radio IIRC, my parents where going through a bitter divorce, and it messed with the head of a young teenage boy :(

I'm absolutely wonderful now though :lol:

Edited by glasgow jock

On 21/04/2018 at 11:23 AM, Toepoke said:

Unfortunately that will literally be the case now...

god her voice is fucking awful man!!

anything on mainstream radio tends to be shite, modern pop etc, talentless autotuned fucks

22 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Starship - We Built This City 

When I was an apprentice there was an auld guy(deid noo) that would hop around to this song singing “We sucked her titties and fucked her hole!” 

Immature I know, but if you had seen the wee, wrinkly bugger rocking away singing that. :lol:

30 minutes ago, Ormond said:

When I was an apprentice there was an auld guy(deid noo) that would hop around to this song singing “We sucked her titties and fucked her hole!” 

Immature I know, but if you had seen the wee, wrinkly bugger rocking away singing that. :lol:

:lol: I hate this song slightly less now.

22 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Stating you hate all of any genre of music, unless you happen to have listened to every song comprising that genre, is a bit silly. I strongly dislike a large proportion of Prog, Heavy Metal, and Country & Western but certainly not all of any of them.

Sorry Donny, in 54 years I have yet to hear a heavy metal song I like so have  come to the conclusion that I  dislike all heavy metal.

I dont mind some of the lighter rock stuff in Sons Of Anarchy but I am not sure where the defining line sits  between rock and heavy metal 🙂

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Sorry Donny, in 54 years I have yet to hear a heavy metal song I like so have  come to the conclusion that I  dislike all heavy metal.

I dont mind some of the lighter rock stuff in Sons Of Anarchy but I am not sure where the defining line sits  between rock and heavy metal 🙂

Fair enough. I find it hard to dislike some 'Ace of Spades'-era Motorhead, but as you say, defining lines are blurred. Most greeboes back in the day wore Status Quo patches, and I quite like 'Mystery Song'.