Summer holiday's. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, irnbruman said:

I did a billy nomates golfing trip round most of North Coast 500 last year. Absolutely fantastic trip. Scenery just stunning.

2 golf trips this year...first one Inverness..wick..dingwall..kyle of lochalsh..oban..campbeltown.

Second one round Wales..monmouth..swansea..tenby..pembroke..haverfordwest..fishguard..aberystwyth..carnaervon.

You playing Machrahinish? Played both the links and dunes a few times.

Links is a brilliant, brilliant course.

week in Nerja with the gf in July is the main one, going to try and do west highland way with her and the dog too at some point.

long weekend in may up at glenelg for my mates 30th, some hiking and hill walking and a good drink.

wanted to do north coast 500 but dont think we will have time for it this year, maybe go next summer.

probably a few long weekends with the mrs too.

5 hours ago, dan cake said:

Can't believe people are counting Scotland trips as holidays, sums up our support these days

Ridiculous comment.

Aye, I'll spend the best part of 2 thousand dollars each trip to Europe solely for the football game. I mean, God forbid I actually spend a few days sightseeing in whatever country I'm in. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, McTeeko said:

What time of year did you do it? We’re a wee bit worried the sites will be really mobbed so no sure whether to just rough it or no? Obviously we’d like to hook up the van to fully use the appliances....

I went round by car 3rd week in June - did most of the 500 but started from Loch Lomond up to Fort William down to Kyle of Lochalsh then picked up the 500 from Lochcarron - visited Plockton first - probs the most beautiful place Ive seen - went over the mountain/hill  to Applecross and right up to Durness - amazing beach right next to golf course - then across to John O Groats and down to Inverness. I stayed in small hotels and did the Youth Hostel in Durness so no camp sites - but the roads weren't busy at that time.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You playing Machrahinish? Played both the links and dunes a few times.

Links is a brilliant, brilliant course.

I'm not sure yet which ones to play - will be playing Glencruitten in Oban on Friday morning and probably Dunaverty later - then some of the 9 hole courses on way back to Glasgow - so might leave both Macrahanish courses for another visit .

7 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I went round by car 3rd week in June - did most of the 500 but started from Loch Lomond up to Fort William down to Kyle of Lochalsh then picked up the 500 from Lochcarron - visited Plockton first - probs the most beautiful place Ive seen - went over the mountain/hill  to Applecross and right up to Durness - amazing beach right next to golf course - then across to John O Groats and down to Inverness. I stayed in small hotels and did the Youth Hostel in Durness so no camp sites - but the roads weren't busy at that time.

👍🏼

Four days in Ibiza in July for a stag do which I am dreading as my best swedger days are behind me.

Then in September off to the WestCoast of America for two weeks, starting in Seattle, then Portland, San Francisco and finishing off in L.A.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:58 PM, Huddersfield said:

We're heading up to Arran again this year. I've been a few times, but it's a few years since I was last there so looking forward to it; then me & Mrs H have a week lined up in the South of Spain in October (Mojacar area).

Where you staying? I'm from saltcoats so been countless times. 

Love it over there. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Where you staying? I'm from saltcoats so been countless times. 

Love it over there. 

We’re stopping at Blackwaterfoot. Like you I love it there. I landed there one year for the Ayrshire Beer Festival with impeccable timing 🙂

On 4/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, Mox said:

Four days in Ibiza in July for a stag do which I am dreading as my best swedger days are behind me.

Then in September off to the WestCoast of America for two weeks, starting in Seattle, then Portland, San Francisco and finishing off in L.A.

If you've got time San Diego is worth a visit, LA was manky with smog 🙈 Seattle is a crackng wee city, music museum is decent if you have a couple of hours to kill, right at the bottom of the space needle.

Really, really in need of a break from work. Been working really long hours away from home since the start of the year. 

Roland Garros in 4 weeks cannot come quickly enough.

Just back from a week in Sorrento and it was cracking.  Was there 11 years ago and it's not changed a bit.  Stayed down in the wee fishing port of Marina Grande and it's probably my favourite place in the world.  It's like stepping back in time down there and so peaceful.

Off to Washington DC with work (but kind of a holiday) next week and then got 5 days in Portugal with the boys at the end of June and 4 nights in Vegas with Mrs F and her pals in October.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Really, really in need of a break from work. Been working really long hours away from home since the start of the year. 

Roland Garros in 4 weeks cannot come quickly enough.

What do you do for employment?

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, Huddersfield said:

We’re stopping at Blackwaterfoot. Like you I love it there. I landed there one year for the Ayrshire Beer Festival with impeccable timing 🙂

I stayed in Blackwaterfoot (Torbeg) in July with my family as my parents were retiring so we hired a lodge for a week. I went with my missus in May and we stayed in Lamlash.

Still managed a few rounds at Shiskine.....

On 5/4/2018 at 5:12 AM, Kirk said:

If you've got time San Diego is worth a visit, LA was manky with smog 🙈 Seattle is a crackng wee city, music museum is decent if you have a couple of hours to kill, right at the bottom of the space needle.

Was gonna say the same thing, forget LA and head for San Diego 

13 hours ago, saintydave said:

Was gonna say the same thing, forget LA and head for San Diego 

I didn't plan San Diego it's where friends I went to Vegas with were going and I tagged along, wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised, great city really enjoyed it