Best footballer in the TA? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best footballer in the TA?

Big Ramy 1314

I made my TA Select debut a couple of years ago, aged 40, in Malta in 30deg heat 😰

Got pumped 4 or 5 - 0. 

Turns out they had a couple of ex-pros in their side and in fact one of their full-backs has played against Ronaldo in the CL! (Cannae mind who he played for). 

The best TA select story I have heard is from (I think) Belarus where the organiser misunderstood the "amateur" part and the guys ended up playing some mob who had competed in the Intertoto Cup the year before and only lost 2-0 on aggregate to Schalke. :lol:

3 hours ago, Davied14 said:

The best TA select story I have heard is from (I think) Belarus where the organiser misunderstood the "amateur" part and the guys ended up playing some mob who had competed in the Intertoto Cup the year before and only lost 2-0 on aggregate to Schalke. :lol:

😆

What was the score in the TA game?

On 23/04/2018 at 6:47 AM, Davied14 said:

😂

I played in the game in Belarus. The local police were worried that the communications between the TA select and the local club was actually a cover to arrange a fan fight. When we turned up at the hotel to get the bus and arrived at the ground it was surrounded by riot police! After a few minutes discussion they believed we were there to play football. The hosts presented all the TA Select with a goodie bag at the end. I however cannot remember the score, Will Fae Swindon was in goal so could be anywhere between 0 and up! :)

I am honestly quite a brilliant  footballer, probably would have played for Celtic had I not moved here. In saying that, I would have loved to have played a match with you lads. I remember back in 96, I was over and played a 7 aside match at the Scotstson Centre in Glasgow I believe it was called. Celtic and Sevco lads playing. I was outstanding. Bagged a hat trick. No joke. 😁

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I am honestly quite a brilliant  footballer, probably would have played for Celtic had I not moved here. In saying that, I would have loved to have played a match with you lads. I remember back in 96, I was over and played a 7 aside match at the Scotstson Centre in Glasgow I believe it was called. Celtic and Sevco lads playing. I was outstanding. Bagged a hat trick. No joke. 😁

You are my absolute hero ya big Canadian ride ye. 

On 4/29/2018 at 2:13 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Sevco didn’t exist until 2012

On 4/29/2018 at 2:13 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Your modesty almost matches your brilliance.

You could have become an Olympic swimmer in the shark invested waters category too I believe. 😉😁☺️

32 minutes ago, fringo said:

Your modesty almost matches your brilliance.

You could have become an Olympic swimmer in the shark invested waters category too I believe. 😉😁☺️

Oh aye. I will never live that oned doon. Drunken Ramy "SCOTLAND FOREVER" Posts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh aye. I will never live that oned doon. Drunken Ramy "SCOTLAND FOREVER" Posts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aye that’s been YEARS now! (The shark-infested waters thing) 😆

What game was that for - Italy 2007?

Edited by McTeeko