Wenger - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Used to like the old arsenal team back in the day; Adams, bould, Dixon, winterburn, 1-0 to the arsenal, adidas, JVC, magic man merson, 2/3 sometimes 4 day benders (probably). Identity, soul etc. Then that c**t wenger came and they became a team I love to hate.

One of the greatest managers of all time who in the last 10 years has suffered as a result of petroleum dollars and oligarchs, although undoubtedly his stubbornness and an inability to identify good young players played a huge part in his downfall.

When I stayed in North London, the people still loved him and this is the right thing to do for his legacy. 

They should go for Lucien Favre who has done great jobs at Nice and Monchengladbach. 

2 hours ago, irnbruman said:

Stuck in bed with manful today and endured hours of shyte on Wenger with the odious Jim Shyte on talksport. Usually as boring as fook but three hours on Wenger really took the biscuit.

That's got to hurt :o

59 minutes ago, Mox said:

One of the greatest managers of all time who in the last 10 years has suffered as a result of petroleum dollars and oligarchs, although undoubtedly his stubbornness and an inability to identify good young players played a huge part in his downfall.

When I stayed in North London, the people still loved him and this is the right thing to do for his legacy. 

They should go for Lucien Favre who has done great jobs at Nice and Monchengladbach. 

Ironically he was brilliant at it in his first 8-10 years.

46 minutes ago, fringo said:

Ironically he was brilliant at it in his first 8-10 years.

Yeah, I should specified that, he seems to have lost that ability, where as in the first part of his tenure he was probably the best in the world at that.

10 hours ago, dan cake said:

strangely that wasn't mentioned today, heard many journos in the past say hes the worst loser they'd ever met

embarrassing in defeat

I've never understood the hatred for Wenger, it's bizzare. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a liar. 

Struggles with balance  and respect when reflecting on a game

The master at never witnessing any contentious decisions given for his team, and everything for those given against them

*The above is based solely on interviews shown on the sports section of the news - Not watching Arsenal or English football

17 hours ago, Mox said:

Patrick Vieira being widely tipped down south. A gooner I know reckons Luis Enrique and Ancelotti are also on the shortlist 

4 hours ago, Mox said:

I've never understood the hatred for Wenger, it's bizzare. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a liar. 

Some people can be gracious on defeat, others can't Wenger falls into that category. Acting the c.unt doesn't mean you care more.

His quitting isn't the great departure the media are making out, he told early this week by the owner to stand down or he would be sacked in the summer

10 hours ago, macy37 said:

A dinasour who has not evolved. Along with that cunt at Man Utd. Good at the time but is run of the mill now. Put the Spanish Geordie waiter in that bracket too.

Rafa Benitez? He's probably EPL manager of the year :lol: 

A brilliant manager and way too good for Newcastle. 

6 hours ago, Mox said:

Dan cake made up that Wenger is a paedophile, that's the intellect and class of the guy you're debating with. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Rafa Benitez? He's probably EPL manager of the year :lol: 

A brilliant manager and way too good for Newcastle. 

Dan cake made up that Wenger is a paedophile, that's the intellect and class of the guy you're debating with. 

Rafa is anything but. His football is torture to watch and he’s got extremely fortunate this year. 

59 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Rafa is anything but. His football is torture to watch and he’s got extremely fortunate this year. 

Ahhh. Aye, anything he's done is lucky. La Liga win at Valencia- lucky. UCL win - lucky. 

:lol: 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Ahhh. Aye, anything he's done is lucky. La Liga win at Valencia- lucky. UCL win - lucky. 

:lol: 

I always thought Alex Mcleish was lucky, but after winning the league Cup with Birmingham I had to reluctantly accept he had something about him.

whether he still does is another topic, but I hope so.

Benitez definitely has something about him, You don’t end up with a CV like his by luck.

Wenger was a great manager, and helped bring English Football into the 21st century. Overstayed his welcome and had probably struggled to adapt. Stubbornness is great on the way up, but won’t win you many friends on the way down.