Birthday Milestones - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Birthday Milestones

Turning 50 next Saturday April 21. No too happy. Seems like I just turned 40. Where does time go. Still quite a good looking fella with football skill beyond mind yae, Legend..Anyone else getting annoyed with getting older.  In saying that, Celtic can win the league on my 50th. 😁😁😁😁😁😁🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Once you get to 40 you are fucked

I always remember an adage from my Dad that i ignored at the time

Life is like a sail boat travelling across a sea

There is no wind and you float along slowly

Once you get to half way the wind picks up and you move faster to the other side

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Once you get to 40 you are fucked

I always remember an adage from my Dad that i ignored at the time

Life is like a sail boat travelling across a sea

There is no wind and you float along slowly

Once you get to half way the wind picks up and you move faster to the other side

Totally agree m8. Everything has gotten harder. Eyes are going, hearing, and ma belly??? Β Thank fuck I still have ma hair. πŸ€€πŸ€€πŸ˜‚

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Totally agree m8. Everything has gotten harder. Eyes are going, hearing, and ma belly??? Β Thank fuck I still have ma hair. πŸ€€πŸ€€πŸ˜‚

I find it’s the opposite as I age.

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Turning 50 next Saturday April 21. No too happy. Seems like I just turned 40. Where does time go. Still quite a good looking fella with football skill beyond mind yae, Legend..Anyone else getting annoyed with getting older.  In saying that, Celtic can win the league on my 50th. 😁😁😁😁😁😁🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

I'll bring a misspelt banner to Easter road for you.

Hippy burfday big Raymie 1314

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Bollocks!! Β Free Alcohol, presents, you aff yir but man?? πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

No, actually he's pretty much bang on. Can't speak for the women, but any bloke who's into his twenties or beyond and gives a toss about his birthday is more to be pitied than admired. Sorry.

An awful lot of folk find this hard to understand but we only ever have one birthday and most of us can't remember it. Do folk really think that they get reborn every year? Folk who celebrate the anniversaries of their birthdays are as daft as folk who celebrate easter or xmas. It's just another day.

Β 

42 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

An awful lot of folk find this hard to understand but we only ever have one birthday and most of us can't remember it. Do folk really think that they get reborn every year? Folk who celebrate the anniversaries of their birthdays are as daft as folk who celebrate easter or xmas. It's just another day.

Β 

Thing is though, Homo sapiens is a social animal with a developed culture, and shared, cultural celebrations are probably not a bad thing. It's just the egotistical celebration of one's own birth which is a bit sad.

Admittedly, the modern Christmas is generally hellish (who celebrates Easter?), but in theory, if not in practice, there's nowt wrong with a few culturally shared annual booze-ups.

Given our multicultural makeup, the appropriate days need a bit of a shake-up, but I think we can all agree on getting communally pissed on Trafalgar Day. Fuck the French!

58 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

any bloke who's into his twenties or beyond and gives a toss about his birthday is more to be pitied than admired. Sorry.

Agreed.

Most of mine have passed without any fuss at all and I don't care that they have... then again I don't have that many friendsΒ :lol:

Β 

I'm the same with Christmas. I know it's the thought that counts, but I don't want people searching for andΒ spending their hard earned cash on something for me.

I'm anxiousΒ when I'm giving presents (will the receiver be happy with it?) and I'm embarrassed when I receive them... is this a normal way to think?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

11 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Thing is though, Homo sapiens is a social animal with a developed culture, and shared, cultural celebrations are probably not a bad thing. It's just the egotistical celebration of one's own birth which is a bit sad.

Admittedly, the modern Christmas is generally hellish (who celebrates Easter?), but in theory, if not in practice, there's nowt wrong with a few culturally shared annual booze-ups.

Given our multicultural makeup, the appropriate days need a bit of a shake-up, but I think we can all agree on getting communally pissed on Trafalgar Day. Fuck the French!

When would you have it? Nelson's birthday?

On 15/04/2018 at 8:51 AM, Rich NATA said:

Agreed.

Most of mine have passed without any fuss at all and I don't care that they have... then again I don't have that many friendsΒ :lol:

Β 

I'm the same with Christmas. I know it's the thought that counts, but I don't want people searching for andΒ spending their hard earned cash on something for me.

I'm anxiousΒ when I'm giving presents (will the receiver be happy with it?) and I'm embarrassed when I receive them... is this a normal way to think?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Well, I have loads of mates who love me, like I said in the past, I am a helluva fella. I will celebrate ma milestone 50th the morra, and hopefully another title courtesy of the famous Glasgow Celtic.. All ma mates are meeting me the morra for a right good session 50 years in the making. April 21, 1968, birth of A LEGEND...😁😁😁😁😁😁

36 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well, I have loads of mates who love me, like I said in the past, I am a helluva fella. I will celebrate ma milestone 50th the morra, and hopefully another title courtesy of the famous Glasgow Celtic.. All ma mates are meeting me the morra for a right good session 50 years in the making. April 21, 1968, birth of A LEGEND...😁😁😁😁😁😁

Did you knowΒ that , according to Birthday Ninja , in your past life you were also male and lived in Wales, around 1425.

Your profession was chemist, alchemist or poison manufacturer.Β 

You always liked to travel , to investigate , you could have been a detective or a spy.Β 

I think we have just found our Salisbury poisoner πŸ™‚

Happy BirthdayΒ Β when it comes Ramy.

https://mybirthday.ninja/?m=April&d=21&y=1968&go=Go#axzz5DDMwTDme