Who do you think will win world cup? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who do you think will win world cup?

robbo cop

52 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

What makes you say that? 😁 i set myself up for that, my mind was in history and not in the present. 

I'm only "fairly sure". England might pull out if they are at war with Russia. So they might need somebody to make up the numbers. Stranger things have happened.

Bought the Panini album for my nephew and the French squad looks the best on empty numbered rectangles. 

I have three of the same Serbian fella out of 14 packs so already pissed off with it but nephew's well excited.  Might tell him it'll be cancelled anyway because we're all about to die of nuclear Armageddon so we're unlikely to complete the set in the hope it saves me having to add further to my collection of Victor Kolarovs.    

18 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Bought the Panini album for my nephew and the French squad looks the best on empty numbered rectangles. 

I have three of the same Serbian fella out of 14 packs so already pissed off with it but nephew's well excited.  Might tell him it'll be cancelled anyway because we're all about to die of nuclear Armageddon so we're unlikely to complete the set in the hope it saves me having to add further to my collection of Victor Kolarovs.    

I think I read somewhere that it could cost you about £800 to complete the full set.:shocked:

Just tell him that the aim of the game is to collect 10 Kolarovs, then you stop.

Was looking forward to the World Cup, thought it looked fairly open this year. Hopefully doesn’t all go tits up due to Syria.

More than anything I would like to see England lose to Costa Rica and get knocked out in the group stage. If they get through the group stage it would make me ecstatically happy to see them get knocked out by Iceland again. I’m not a typical, bitter ABE merchant, but the arrogance and ignorance of the English media last time they played Iceland was a disgrace. 

Just now, The Black Bra said:

Was looking forward to the World Cup, thought it looked fairly open this year. Hopefully doesn’t all go tits up due to Syria.

More than anything I would like to see England lose to Costa Rica and get knocked out in the group stage. If they get through the group stage it would make me ecstatically happy to see them get knocked out by Iceland again. I’m not a typical, bitter ABE merchant, but the arrogance and ignorance of the English media last time they played Iceland was a disgrace. 

Meant Panama, not Costa Rica!

12 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think I read somewhere it could cost 800 to complete the full set.:shocked:

Just tell him that the aim of the game is to collect 10 Kolarovs, then you stop.

Wowers that's 1000 packets or 5000 stickers.  If the Kolarov Ratio remains consistent I'll get 197 more of him at cost of 40 quid.  Fucker could at least smile instead of looking at me like I'd wiped my arse on his dog.

Hopefully by the Euros my nephew will be getting sticky fingers by other means and have grown out of this.

12 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Wowers that's 1000 packets or 5000 stickers.  If the Kolarov Ratio remains consistent I'll get 197 more of him at cost of 40 quid.  Fucker could at least smile instead of looking at me like I'd wiped my arse on his dog.

Hopefully by the Euros my nephew will be getting sticky fingers by other means and have grown out of this.

My lad is 23 & still tells me to buy packs for him when I put petrol in. 

7 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Here's the maths behind it. Hope your nephew has got plenty pals to swap with.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-panini-sticker-book-stickers-price-cost-players-managers-stadiums-legends-a8278636.html

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Man that's a shame, collecting stickers was a real treat growing up, seems too expensive to take on nowadays.  

On 10/04/2018 at 5:00 PM, robbo cop said:

Seeing as we are not putting in another appearance, I may force myself to watch some games, although my enthusiasm at the moment is nil. I even mucked up on booking a cruise, wish I had done it for the second 2 weeks of June so I would miss half of it....never mind.

I reckon West Germany or Spain.  

Can’t see anyone beating England to be honest 

On 10/04/2018 at 7:41 PM, Ally Bongo said:

West Germany arent playing

Germany are but they arent as good as they were

Brazil are much improved but still rely too much on one player

Belgium are high on technical ability and passing but short on goals

Argentina or England (yes seriously) for me

Don't think either of them are nearly good enough to win it, Argies struggled to qualify and their defence is rank, England well we all know how it goes.

On 10/04/2018 at 10:40 PM, McTeeko said:

Hope Poland do well for family reasons (outside bet maybe? Ranked 7th and a genuine world class goalscorer) but I’d love to see Argentina and particularly Messi lift it 👍🏼

I agree with Messi but canny see it. Think Spain and France are good shouts

It's possibly more wide open than I've ever known it to be... Lots of teams have a decent chance. 

I'd say Germany's probably the most likely.... For a long shot bet, I think Uruguay, Colombia and Peru all have an outside chance.