robbo cop

Who do you think will win world cup?

Seeing as we are not putting in another appearance, I may force myself to watch some games, although my enthusiasm at the moment is nil. I even mucked up on booking a cruise, wish I had done it for the second 2 weeks of June so I would miss half of it....never mind.

I reckon West Germany or Spain.  

West Germany arent playing

Germany are but they arent as good as they were

Brazil are much improved but still rely too much on one player

Belgium are high on technical ability and passing but short on goals

Argentina or England (yes seriously) for me

I'd like to see Russia knock out England in the last 16. I don't know if that is possible and I'm not interested enough to look it up.

2 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Seeing as we are not putting in another appearance, I may force myself to watch some games, although my enthusiasm at the moment is nil. I even mucked up on booking a cruise, wish I had done it for the second 2 weeks of June so I would miss half of it....never mind.

I reckon West Germany or Spain.  

Czechoslovakia or USSR for me

• Haha 3

Although I have neither hope nor expectation of anything other than the usual crap on & off the field, I'd still like to see England win it at least once in my lifetime...well technically twice on account of me being 20-odd months old the last time.

Let me know when my ban starts :unsure:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Although I have neither hope nor expectation of anything other than the usual crap on & off the field, I'd still like to see England win it at least once in my lifetime...well technically twice on account of me being 20-odd months old the last time.

Let me know when my ban starts :unsure:

:lol:

Hope Poland do well for family reasons (outside bet maybe? Ranked 7th and a genuine world class goalscorer) but I’d love to see Argentina and particularly Messi lift it 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I’d love to see Argentina and particularly Messi lift it 👍🏼

He's going to have a few midweek rests until then now.

Sad though it is that we're missing out again, in order to keep a bit of interest going in it, we'll be launching our World Cup Predictor competition pretty soon.

It means more when there's money on it.

Or something.

France for me, I want Argentina to win for Messi but I cant see it, they made it to the final last time and I think that was his best shot. Belgium have a deep squad but I think France have a better first 11. Argie's aside, someone outside of Germany, Italy, Brazil or Spain would be excellent as a neutral. 

1 minute ago, romanticscot said:

France for me, I want Argentina to win for Messi but I cant see it, they made it to the final last time and I think that was his best shot. Belgium have a deep squad but I think France have a better first 11. Argie's aside, someone outside of Germany, Italy, Brazil or Spain would be excellent as a neutral. 

I am fairly sure Italy won't win it.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I am fairly sure Italy won't win it.

What makes you say that? 😁 i set myself up for that, my mind was in history and not in the present.