Hungarian GE - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Is it racist to say you don't want a policy which would bring about Bradford in your country?  A separate thing is the reaction once it's there but are people allowed to decide before it happens?

you say they are unlikely, they live in the EU so at some point, unless you make a deliberate decision not to, it may happen.  These countries are actually nicer to live in than ours; wages are relative.  we're richer but i'd rather live with a little less money in Siofok than Larkhall.  in fifteen years, i have no idea why anyone would invest in Scotland (apart from maybe renewable energy and oil) once these countries economies align.  so the logical step is, why would immigrants not decide to live in a nicer part of the world than our freezing outpost.

it's probably controversial to say now but I don't think wanting a controlled immigration policy which does have a cultural concept, is actually racist.  If you suddenly woke up and Inverness was Leeds it changes everything about what the place is.  sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

I'm not saying it is necessarily racist in itself however some of the underlying beliefs that support that view are founded in ignorance, the likelihood of the mass immigration you suggest happening anywhere in Hungary is slim to remote.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live somewhere that controlled immigration on those terms.