Ronaldo - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've seen David Goodwillie score a better overhead kick than that... 

Saw him try a similar one for Dundee United against Motherwell.

Better than Rooneys, I thought he shinned his.

Not sure it was better than Michael Higdons. :lol:

(45 secs)

Edited by sbcmfc

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He’s probably earned the right to fancy himself a bit.

A bit? I was at the bernabeu a couple of weeks ago whenever the ball is out of play he's fixing his hair and pouting at the big screen. Great player obviously but strangely unlikable

On Tuesday, April 03, 2018 at 10:06 PM, dan cake said:

A bit? I was at the bernabeu a couple of weeks ago whenever the ball is out of play he's fixing his hair and pouting at the big screen. Great player obviously but strangely unlikable

Absolutely full of himself but he delivers the goods time and again. I can't think of another striker like him in all the years I've watched football. His movement and anticipation for both goals yesterday was just exquisite. Amazing to see the Juve fans give him a standing ovation.

On 03/04/2018 at 9:10 PM, kumnio said:

Amazing ability, cant recall a reaction like that from opposition fans.

Real fans when Ronaldinhio scored a hatrick at the bernabeu

12 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Great player - thoroughly dislikable cunt. 

Agreed, he's an amazing athlete

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Absolutely full of himself but he delivers the goods time and again. I can't think of another striker like him in all the years I've watched football. His movement and anticipation for both goals yesterday was just exquisite. Amazing to see the Juve fans give him a standing ovation.

For real? He's not even the best striker i've seen named "Ronaldo". 

52 minutes ago, Parklife said:

For real? He's not even the best striker i've seen named "Ronaldo". 

For real (and for Real).  Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime was an awesome sight but that was too brief a period.  As an all round forward player I can't see past Cristiano Ronaldo as number 1 from recent decades. Over 300 goals for Real Madrid in less than 300 games, phenomenal!

Just now, Toepoke said:

For real (and for Real).  Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime was an awesome sight but that was too brief a period.  As an all round forward player I can't see past Cristiano Ronaldo as number 1 from recent decades. Over 300 goals for Real Madrid in less than 300 games, phenomenal!

Too brief? His career was far from brief. The way he adapted his game after injury and returned to being the finest striker on the planet was incredible.

Goal records cannot be compared on a like for like basis. Top teams now are far more dominant than they were even 10-15 years ago. If you look at Real Madrid's La Liga win in 2002, for example. Their goal difference was +38. Last season it was +61. Scoring goals at the very top teams is now a lot easier than it was when Ronaldo was playing. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Scoring goals at the very top teams is now a lot easier than it was when Ronaldo was playing. 

I guess we'll have to see who assumes the mantle once CR (and Messi) hangs up his boots. I suspect it could be a while before we see similar stats though.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

I guess we'll have to see who assumes the mantle once CR (and Messi) hangs up his boots. I suspect it could be a while before we see similar stats though.

That's not really relevant to the point being made but okay :ok: