Ronaldo - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 4/6/2018 at 11:53 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Ronaldo only wanted Portugal to win the European Championship because it looked good on his CV and to make himself a bigger star?!

There is some amount of shite posted on here sometimes :lol:

Ronaldo is an unbelievable player. Shite at free-kicks but a master of almost everything else you'd want in an attacking player. He will be missed when he eventually retires. 

For the record, I prefer Messi. The best ever. 

Totally agree with all of the above.  

On 4/7/2018 at 10:24 AM, DaveyDenoon said:

Just like his antics in Euro 2012 penalty shootout when he insisted on going last so he could grab the glory of scoring the winning spot kick. Didn’t turn out so well for him that day.  He’s a fantastic player no question and one of the best ever, but also a preening, narcissistic, complete and utter bellend who sees himself as far more important than the team.  And when things aren’t going his way he’s a whingeing, diving, play acting little tosser.

While i agree with what you've said above i think it's important to remember what Ronaldo has achieved, the regard he is held in and the adulation he receives on a constant basis.  It would be difficult for your personality and character not to be negatively impacted by this sort of attention.  I'm no psychologist but I also suspect the traits you have highlighted above are those of an out and out winner.  Wish a couple of Dons player could develop a little bit of arrogance, swagger and spit the dummy out when things aren't going well!

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Must admit I don't get everyone creaming themselves over his penalty. 

I know there was a long delay but it's  a penalty ffs! 

I think to smash it in the top corner under those circumstances is pretty bold.

The reason for most penalty saves is that the taker is too scared to do what Ronaldo did, so either goes down the middle and keeper blocks with legs, or keeps it low which means the keeper can get there.

The reason people miss the target is trying what he did and failing.

As much as I can’t stomach the guy, you don’t save those, and if everyone could do that 100% of penalties would result in goals rather than 70-80%

Edited by sbcmfc

15 hours ago, Parklife said:

Pathetic performance. Pathetic refereeing. 

Haven’t seen it but Michael Oliver consistently proves he’s high amongst the worst referees on the history of the EPL.  So it’s unsurprising to hear it may have been a poor decision, he does love a headline with him in it.

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Haven’t seen it but Michael Oliver consistently proves he’s high amongst the worst referees on the history of the EPL.  So it’s unsurprising to hear it may have been a poor decision, he does love a headline with him in it.

Here's your opportunity to have  alook

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I think to smash it in the top corner under those circumstances is pretty bold.

The reason for most penalty saves is that the taker is too scared to do what Ronaldo did, so either goes down the middle and keeper blocks with legs, or keeps it low which means the keeper can get there.

The reason people miss the target is trying what he did and failing.

As much as I can’t stomach the guy, you don’t save those, and if everyone could do that 100% of penalties would result in goals rather than 70-80%

Sorry but I'm just not getting it. 

He smashed a penalty into the top corner. So what?  Stuart Pearce did that with just about every penalty he took. 

At the end of the day it's a free hit from 12 yards, no need to go over the top 😏

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Sorry but I'm just not getting it. 

He smashed a penalty into the top corner. So what?  Stuart Pearce did that with just about every penalty he took. 

At the end of the day it's a free hit from 12 yards, no need to go over the top 😏

Take your point, but you see professional footballers hit piss poor penalties every week in far less intense environments, which does annoy me, but lesser players in the circumstances wouldn’t have had the confidence in their own ability, and played it safe, kept it low and on target and taken their chances with the keeper.

He’s taken the keeper out the equation.

It was a very good penalty and in a high pressure situation.