Yes, The Blood, It Is My Victory - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Yes, The Blood, It Is My Victory

5 minutes ago, phart said:

I know you went on about it Easter Last year as well

Religious based holidays are the clarion call for all evangelicals. Makes sense really.

Hell mend those that point out Easter was nicked from the Pagan celebration of Ēostre, the Pagan goddess. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ēostre

2 minutes ago, phart said:

I was talking to Pe..J...Esigerwind.

Aye... i realised that after after i posted, sorry. Still, comment still stands in relation to Scotty.

Edited by Dave78

6 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Aye... i realised that after after i posted, sorry. Still, comment still stands in relation to Scotty.

Well he makes one post a year on Easter. Surely not too big burden for the board, even if you don't follow the faith yourself. I take our resident atheists don't take Christmas holidays or easter holidays cause they're Ostensibly Christian festivals and you're an atheist. ;)

1 minute ago, phart said:

Well he makes one post a year on Easter. Surely not too big burden for the board, even if you don't follow the faith yourself. I take our resident atheists don't take Christmas holidays or easter holidays cause they're Ostensibly Christian festivals and you're an atheist. ;)

Nah mate, i agree completely with you. Like you say, it's no burden. Actually i think Scotty is a fuckin treasure on this board. He provokes conversation and debate (which, as we both know, is the reason we're all on this message board in the first place).

More power tae Scotty. He's just wrong, that's all :lol::ok:

Oh, and as for religious holidays Phart, as an atheist myself i wouldn't want to get rid of them. 

You must have heard this atheist's song about Christmas? If not, you should. Sums up my views perfectly:

10 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Just need Padre Andrew now and we'll have a full house.

Andrew is a gentleman with a wonderful heart.

9 hours ago, phart said:

Should read something before you make a judgement on it.

I agree.

3 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Religious based holidays are the clarion call for all evangelicals. Makes sense really.

Hell mend those that point out Easter was nicked from the Pagan celebration of Ēostre, the Pagan goddess. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ēostre

Like me?

3 hours ago, Dave78 said:

More power tae Scotty. He's just wrong, that's all :lol: :ok:

3 hours ago, phart said:

My sentiments exactly. :)

You do realise that you disagreeing with me agreeing with God, and the possibility of God (and I) being wrong (zero) are two completely different things? :wink2:

26 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

You do realise that you disagreeing with me agreeing with God, and the possibility of God (and I) being wrong (zero) are two completely different things? :wink2:

I have no idea who/what created the universe/multiverse whatever is out there.

I do know that Jesus wasn't the offspring of such an entity.

16 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

My response was mainly to show the difficulty in presenting crucifixion as anything other than what it is.

(And btw, I preach to everyone.)

Eternity in Heaven is better than eternity in hell.

(Just saying'.) 

I  found the passage more disturbing and thought provoking than the picture. Violent images are everywhere these days, we have become almost immune to them. 

Happy Easter Scotty. 

5 hours ago, phart said:

I have no idea who/what created the universe/multiverse whatever is out there.

C'mon now. You must have an 'idea'. I've mentioned it once or twice before... it's Jesus Christ.

"For by Him ALL things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—ALL things were created through Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16

5 hours ago, phart said:

I do know that Jesus wasn't the offspring of such an entity.

Correct. 

Jesus WAS that entity.

Think about the heart of 'man'.

If God came to earth, wouldn't it be just like us to kill Him?

(And wouldn't it just be like God to have our best interest at heart despite ourselves?)

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Good weekend.

Double pay Friday with very little work. Shops open Saturday for veggies and Monday off work. 

And what's the eternal value?

35 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I  found the passage more disturbing and thought provoking than the picture.

:ok:

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Happy Easter Scotty. 

And to you!

11 hours ago, phart said:

What I was thinking. People opening a thread willfully looking to take umbrage. 

Happy Easter @Scotty CTA:)

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

You either need to get your keyboard fixed or stop being wrong.

OK Pete Z (JPM) :wave:

1 hour ago, phart said:

I choose neither. You're up late.

He's in the same time zone as me.

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

What I was thinking. People opening a thread willfully looking to take umbrage. 

Happy Easter @Scotty CTA:)

And you, Mate.

(Tell me... do you get this 'American' reference?)

BGs5ePYCAAAzSFm.jpg

17 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Would've thought that anyone who posted on or read this section regularly would be aware of the regular God botherers positions. From your post obviously not. To clear this up for you you  Scotty and Kimba have no religious beliefs, they are Christians with faith who know the truth. Pare Andrew appears to be a more conventional God botherer with religious beliefs but also a Christian.

No.  I am not in a religion since that would be completely pointless.  Religion is the enemy's counterfeit to the truth that we can in NO WAY attain salvation in ourselves.  The truth is God manifest in the flesh had to come here and save us and it is a simple belief in the gospel that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification that saves a soul the second they believe it.

Romans 1:16 

Romans 1:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Once you trust what Christ did for you at the cross, God can take you out of Adam and place you in Christ, - saved and sealed for eternity.  NO WORKS.  It's all about GRACE.

At the moment, you and the other lost souls on here are believing the lies that there is no creator, simply ludicrous when you think about it. 

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

The worldly wisdom that people believe in is going to be destroyed.  Trust Christ and be saved by God's Grace as this dispensation will be ending soon.

1 hour ago, Kimba said:

The truth is God manifest in the flesh had to come here and save us and it is a simple belief in the gospel that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification that saves a soul the second they believe it.

Yep...

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

43 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yep...

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

Mm, no, Paul's epistles also have to be rightly divided - in Romans 9-11 Paul is discussing Israel, who had to confess with their mouth.  

In this dispensation a person is saved when they simply believe the gospel as per 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Quite a bit of info here:  

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.org/2015/10/08/romans-10-9-10/

http://graceambassadors.com/salvation/required-words-for-salvation

God's View:

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Eph 2:8-9  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 4:4-5 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

What is the Gospel?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

Believing Christ died, that's HISTORY

Believing Christ died for our SINS and rose again the third day for our justification - that's SALVATION.

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

NO WORKS - EVER - FREE GIFT.

Edited by Kimba