Yes, The Blood, It Is My Victory - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Yes, The Blood, It Is My Victory

1 hour ago, Kimba said:

From the comments:

Q: Can you explain 1 Corinthians 6:9? A pastor told me we have to live and forsake sin to get into heaven. He quoted 1 John and 1 Corinthians 6:9 that there was a list of those who would not be in heaven. Thanks and God bless!

A:It all comes down to identity. Once you are saved, you are baptized or identified with Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, according to Romans 6:3-4. "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:3). If you sin after you are saved, the blood of Jesus has already paid for that sin. Therefore, when God looks at you, He does not see your sin; He sees Christ. You are "accepted in the beloved" (Ephesians 1:6), and the beloved is Christ. Therefore, you have NOW been justified by Jesus' blood (Romans 5:9), and you have NOW received the atonement (Romans 5:11). I Corinthians 6:9 and Galatians 5:19-21 say that unbelievers do these things and they do not inherit the kingdom of God. However, because you are in Christ, you do inherit the kingdom of God, therefore your conversation should be heavenly, rather than earthly (Philippians 3:20). Note that I Corinthians 6:11 goes on to say, "And such WERE some of you, but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus." In other words, regardless of what you do, you are not a person of I Corinthians 6:9 because you have been washed, sanctified, and justified by the blood of Christ. Because your life is hid with Christ in God, the only way you can lose your salvation is if Christ lost His salvation, which can never happen, because He lived a perfect life. That is why II Timothy 2:13 says, "If we believe not, yet He abideth faithful: He cannot deny Himself." You cannot lose your salvation, regardless of what you do, because your life is in Christ, He abideth faithful, and God cannot deny Himself.

my comment:  1 Cor 6:9-11 and Eph 5:5 is exhorting us to live as God has made us in Christ, it is NOT as false teachers teach that you can lose your salvation. Context is important.

Seems awfy complicated.

2 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Seems awfy complicated.

Not the gospel though - it's simple.   Just believe that Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day for your justification.  He paid for everyone's sins with his blood.  All anyone is asked to do to receive the free gift of eternal life is to believe it and they will be sealed for eternity.

Sadly, wolves - false teachers have come in, and perverted the gospel by adding works to it such as turn from your sins, ask Jesus into your heart, make Jesus Lord of your life, etc. These are false perverted gospels put out by the pope's ecumenical movement. The pope curses those who believe what God says - that its faith alone in Christ alone and not of works.   It's really sad but many in Christendom have fallen for these false gospels that don't save.  The 'protestant pope' (and Freemason) Billy Graham was one that put out many of these false gospels.  

3 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Not the gospel though - it's simple.   Just believe that Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day for your justification.  He paid for everyone's sins with his blood.  All anyone is asked to do to receive the free gift of eternal life is to believe it and they will be sealed for eternity.

Sadly, wolves - false teachers have come in, and perverted the gospel by adding works to it such as turn from your sins, ask Jesus into your heart, make Jesus Lord of your life, etc. These are false perverted gospels put out by the pope's ecumenical movement. The pope curses those who believe what God says - that its faith alone in Christ alone and not of works.   It's really sad but many in Christendom have fallen for these false gospels that don't save.  The 'protestant pope' (and Freemason) Billy Graham was one that put out many of these false gospels.  

You’re like the boards Biblical Wanderer. Pure blethers :)

1 minute ago, Jim Beem said:

You’re like the boards Biblical Wanderer. Pure blethers :)

:)  Grace believers who rightly divide are few and far between, that's for sure.  

It saddens me that there are so many false teachers out there adding to the simple gospel.  Then you have the cross less gospel on the other side.....smh :(- Christianity has been infiltrated from the inside out.  The falling away spoken of in 2 Thess. is happening. 

Just caught up with this thread (hard work) - has there ever (and i mean ever) been any proof of Jesus's (Christs) existence - was the name Jesus not very common in those lands at that period of history. . . . . . could he not come back now, when our planet is a far more hateful & dangerous place, and with modern gadgets we could film his "miracles" and overnight the entire world would be absolute believers ??

Some think that he was a member of the Jewish Resistance that got out of hand.

My mind is clearer now.
At last all too well
I can see where we all soon will be.
If you strip away The myth from the man,
You will see where we all soon will be. Jesus!
You've started to believe
The things they say of you.
You really do believe
This talk of God is true.
And all the good you've done
Will soon get swept away.
You've begun to matter more
Than the things you say.

Listen Jesus I don't like what I see.
All I ask is that you listen to me.
And remember, I've been your right hand man all along.
You have set them all on fire.
They think they've found the new Messiah.
And they'll hurt you when they find they're wrong.

I remember when this whole thing began.
No talk of God then, we called you a man.
And believe me, my admiration for you hasn't died.
But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way.
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied.
Nazareth, your famous son should have stayed a great unknown
Like his father carving wood He'd have made good.
Tables, chairs, and oaken chests would have suited Jesus best.
He'd have caused nobody harm; no one alarm.

Listen, Jesus, do you care for your race?
Don't you see we must keep in our place?
We are occupied; have you forgotten how put down we are?

I am frightened by the crowd.
For we are getting much too loud.
And they'll crush us if we go too far.
If we go too far....

Listen, Jesus, to the warning I give.
Please remember that I want us to live.
But it's sad to see our chances weakening with every hour.
All your followers are blind.
Too much heaven on their minds.
It was beautiful, but now it's sour.
Yes it's all gone sour.

Listen, Jesus, to the warning I give.
Please remember that I want us to live.
C'mon, c'mon
He won't listen to me ...

5 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Just caught up with this thread (hard work) - has there ever (and i mean ever) been any proof of Jesus's (Christs) existence - was the name Jesus not very common in those lands at that period of history. . . . . . could he not come back now, when our planet is a far more hateful & dangerous place, and with modern gadgets we could film his "miracles" and overnight the entire world would be absolute believers ??

The catching away (rapture) of the Body of Christ happens before the 2nd coming.  It's : rapture, 7 year tribulation period, then Jesus Christ returns for the millennial reign.

2 Cor 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The problem with folk is they don't see that it's sin that is the problem in this world.  If you don't see that you won't see the need for a Saviour.  Best to get saved before the end of the present dispensation as it will be much more difficult in the 7 year tribulation.

^  That's when the Luciferians get what they want ..... for 7 paltry years. Lol.    It won't be a nice time to live through.   You'll be told that the people who disappeared were abducted by aliens from outer space.  You are being prepped for this lie now by Jesuit run Hollywood.

26 minutes ago, Kimba said:

The catching away (rapture) of the Body of Christ happens before the 2nd coming.  It's : rapture, 7 year tribulation period, then Jesus Christ returns for the millennial reign.

2 Cor 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The problem with folk is they don't see that it's sin that is the problem in this world.  If you don't see that you won't see the need for a Saviour.  Best to get saved before the end of the present dispensation as it will be much more difficult in the 7 year tribulation.

Not meaning to lower the tone but I suspect your blowing your ‘tutors’ tadger as part of your ‘education’ 

1 minute ago, Kimba said:

^  That's when the Luciferians get what they want ..... for 7 paltry years. Lol.    It won't be a nice time to live through.   You'll be told that the people who disappeared were abducted by aliens from outer space.  You are being prepped for this lie now by Jesuit run Hollywood.

I presume you are referring to the 'rapture', when the church is removed from the earth leaving the rest of us to our horrible fate ?

13 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Gonnae hold my hand when they open fire ? :worried:

Hand-holding is a proscribed activity. In Mephistopheles 14:3 V 2-7 it says "Hand-holding is a proscribed activity".

So, I think what is meant by that is that hand-holding is a proscribed activity.

30 minutes ago, Flure said:

Hand-holding is a proscribed activity. In Mephistopheles 14:3 V 2-7 it says "Hand-holding is a proscribed activity".

So, I think what is meant by that is that hand-holding is a proscribed activity.

Not sure if it really means that exactly.

On 4/4/2018 at 12:11 AM, Kimba said:

That's why we are to study to show ourselves approved. 

Well, you're certainly studiously avoiding an explanation of Romans 10:10-13.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:01 PM, Kimba said:

Not the gospel though - it's simple.  

Aye, it's really simple when you ignore all the elements that make it complicated.

For those who haven't been following closely, Kimba berated Scotty for suggesting that "outward expression of inner repentance" is a form of 'works' as opposed to 'faith' and therefore contrary to the economy of salvation in the new dispensation (the rules of which we get from Paul, who got them from the ascended Christ etc etc).

Unfortunately for Kimba, this same Paul in Romans 10:10 states that "with the mouth confession is made unto salvation". Her explanation for this is that Paul here is addressing perfidious 'Israel' and not the lovely Gentiles who get a free pass on the 'confessing' bit. However, immediately after verse 10, Paul makes it clear that he isn't restricting this to 'Israel' at all: "11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

On 4/5/2018 at 8:11 PM, Kimba said:

Grace believers who rightly divide are few and far between, that's for sure. 

So your idea of 'right division' is dividing Romans 10:10 from Romans 10:11, 12 & 13. That isn't 'right division'. That is simple dishonesty.

You say 'we are to study' - here's a bit of 'study' for you: verses 11, 12 and 13 of Romans 10 each begin with 'For'. In Paul's Greek, this was the conjunction 'gar' [γὰρ]. It can be translated in a number of ways ('for', 'since', 'this being the case', 'therefore'), all of which explicitly join that which has gone before to that which follows. You have quoted with approval a number of verses in this thread where it is used in precisely this way - just one example:

18 hours ago, Kimba said:

Paul's word in 2 Cor 4:18 was also 'gar'.

So, you cannot divide Paul's inclusion of both Gentile and Jew in "with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" despite your attempts to do so. You are not studying the primary source; you are gullibly being taken in by 'pastors' posting Youtube videos that denounce confession (presumably, because they equate it with Catholicism). What was it you were saying about 'perverting the Gospel'?

8 hours ago, Flure said:

Nice bit of nonsense there. Anyone up for discussing what that actually means for the next 2000 years. Maybe we could get a couple of wars or some persecution kicked off on the back of it.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:46 AM, glasgow jock said:

has there ever (and i mean ever) been any proof of Jesus's (Christs) existence - was the name Jesus not very common in those lands at that period of history. . . . . .

The existence of Christianity itself is fairly convincing evidence.

There's also Suetonius' account of Jews causing disruption in Rome around 49AD 'at the instigation of Chrestus'.

could he not come back now, when our planet is a far more hateful & dangerous place, and with modern gadgets we could film his "miracles" and overnight the entire world would be absolute believers ??

That would negate humanity's free will. There has to be an element of choice involved, wouldn't you say? (And how do you know that the world is now a far more dangerous and hateful place? I suspect that on many criteria, that would not be the case - not that it matters).

On 4/11/2018 at 5:29 PM, Flure said:
Some think that he was a member of the Jewish Resistance that got out of hand.

Bloke trying to reform Judaism fits best with the evidence (the Gospel accounts).

8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

For those who haven't been following closely, Kimba berated Scotty for suggesting that "outward expression of inner repentance" is a form of 'works' as opposed to 'faith' and therefore contrary to the economy of salvation in the new dispensation (the rules of which we get from Paul, who got them from the ascended Christ etc etc).

Just for the record, that didn't come out right. Kimba thinks 'outward expression of inner repentance' amounts to 'works', not Scotty. It would have been far more enlightening to have the two of them discuss it here, but sadly Scotty decided not to be a part of exposing their uncoordinated theological linen in public any further.

Edited by DonnyTJS