Ads - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 4/21/2018 at 5:09 PM, kumnio said:

The site is now unusable on iPhone for me, fine on laptop or iPad however.

Yup, every new page my phone tries to divert me to the app store. 

Nae use. 

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yup, every new page my phone tries to divert me to the app store. 

Nae use. 

The Motherwell forum uses the same software and it’s doing same.

Every new page trys to open App Store for skybet app.

I hadn’t noticed until it was pointed out a few posts back, but it’s only on mobile data, not via Wi-fi.

Edited by sbcmfc

We're looking at fixing this issue at the moment, however a plan is in place to switch ad providers at the end of the month which should permanently sort this issues experienced as well as reducing the number of ads on the board.

2 hours ago, TAMB1 said:

We're looking at fixing this issue at the moment, however a plan is in place to switch ad providers at the end of the month which should permanently sort this issues experienced as well as reducing the number of ads on the board.

Top work :ok: 

9 hours ago, TAMB1 said:

:ok:

I don't know if this is a related issue but the site seems to be very slow today and is using a lot of memory. And everything is crammed into half a the screen, and the other half is blank. Probably better than 100s of ads, right enough.

Guest BlueGaz
11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I don't know if this is a related issue but the site seems to be very slow today and is using a lot of memory. And everything is crammed into half a the screen, and the other half is blank. Probably better than 100s of ads, right enough.

Ive got issues that started today too - I have to scroll across to the right now to get Unready Content and Mark site read.  everything sat nicely on the screen until today.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Ive got issues that started today too - I have to scroll across to the right now to get Unready Content and Mark site read.  everything sat nicely on the screen until today.

There was an upgrade today. Could I please ask you to clear your cache and see if you still have the same issues.

We’ll do some more testing later.

5 hours ago, TAMB2 said:

There was an upgrade today. Could I please ask you to clear your cache and see if you still have the same issues.

Whatever you did when you temporarily closed the site earlier has worked wonders for me. Probably not what others want to hear right enough. 😄

34 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Whatever you did when you temporarily closed the site earlier has worked wonders for me. Probably not what others want to hear right enough. 😄

Every cloud and all that...

Guest BlueGaz
10 hours ago, Ormond said:

15 hours ago, TAMB2 said:

Sorted for me too - cheers :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Sorted for me too - cheers :ok:

I take that back mate - still happening - taken a screenshot if that will help.

17 hours ago, TAMB2 said:

The only very slight issue I have now is when I'm on the "unread content" page, it only used half the screen but that's not a big deal.

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The only very slight issue I have now is when I'm on the "unread content" page, it only used half the screen but that's not a big deal.

Me too. I'm running Adblocker. Perhaps that's it?

1 hour ago, TAMB2 said:

Me too. I'm running Adblocker. Perhaps that's it?

Yes, could be. Nothing to be bothered about. It's back running at its normal speed again which was the main thing. Cheers.:ok:

Wow! That's an impressive selection of emojis.  🇵🇦

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Some folk might say, ever. Not me though.;)🚖

Theres nowt so queer as folk.

Edited by BlueGaz

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, bonzo said:

Anybody else getting ad's for Betty pads what the f@ck are Betty pads? 

No idea but can I swap it for Harrys razors ?Cannot get rid of that ad. 

Worse though I keep getting forced onto an amazon site saying my iphone has won a prize, then when I try to get out of it i get forced onto a samsung site, then it jumps onto something called ‘angry birds’ .

I can tell you I am one fookin angry bird.  With toothache.