Centre Backs. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Centre Backs.

marinello

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It wasn’t a humorous post so your logic makes about as much sense as your previous post.

You should see my stand up. 

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say you have a man bun? Has a nerve been touched? :lol:

No 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

You been on the bevvy mate?

Or are you always like this?

Tell me a joke ffs. 

I'm still not seeing this 'humorous fucker' that you allege to be which frankly throws all your other claims into doubt 🤔

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

A lot can happen in international football in a year and we could have a completely different central defence by the time the qualifiers start. 

I hope that's the plan and Mulgrew's here to aid the transition and that's all. Think that's what most of us are saying.

17 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Or Willie Millers moustache or Joe Harpers muscles 

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Forgot to mention Drew Jarvie that was even worse than a man bun

Could be a whole new thread here - terrible footballer's hair cuts over the years. Could go to hundreds of pages long. :lol:

colombian-soccer-player-carlos-valderram

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Could be a whole new thread here - terrible footballer's hair cuts over the years. Could go to hundreds of pages long. :lol:

colombian-soccer-player-carlos-valderram

We could just stick to Scottish players. 

Would still be hundreds of pages long to be fair. 

33 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Anyone remember Davie Robb? He had the lot. Got capped too I think.

I’m too young to remember him when he played but I remember him from a football quiz question about moustaches in football.

What a tache he had as well. 

13 hours ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Anyone remember Davie Robb? He had the lot. Got capped too I think.

when i started going to the games as a kid at pittodrie ; i recall him coming on as a sub and being a bit of a buzz , early football memory of him barnstorming his way forward

i did however watch footage of him at wembley in early 70s game and he looked pretty bad , out of depth v england ; few other bizzare selections that game

i owned a t shirt with him and jarvie on front with 76 league cup , big collars, cigar, cup on head type iconic images

On 02/04/2018 at 1:35 AM, Ormond said:

The two man bun jibes I saw came from two guys who aren’t Dons. Here’s a third tae. Me. Man buns are generally found upon arseholes. :D

The arrogant cunt jibe came from me because that’s exactky what he is. He was an arsehole during his time at Aberdeen.

He can be an arrogant cunt all he likes if he has the talent to back it up, for two or three years at Celtic he arguably did have the talent and ability but not anymore, he was shown up by Hendry and McKenna in that last friendly. I don’t think he has the leadership qualities to be captain of our national team. 

Ignore slasher, he thinks everything is about Celtic. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Wasn't a very good weekend for our potential future cbs. McKenna and mccrorie both had pretty poor games. Hopefully it's just blip although I think mccrorie is probably more a central midfielder than a centre back. 

I think McRorie could play right side of a three, right back or midfield, but not as one of two centre halves, at least not for 3 or 4 years till he’s put on more weight. Still a terrific prospect though.

Hendry was cup-tied. McKenna and McCrorie will be in Scotland squads for years. Yes, McKenna wasn’t great on Saturday but was still probably the best of a very bad bunch of Aberdeen players on the day and he’s been impressive this season. McCrorie has been out injured for over three months and had only played 60 mins since returning for Rangers’ first team, so was clearly rusty and I agree that he’ll be able to play CH or def mid. We have far better defensive options than we’ve had for years, albeit most remain inexperienced. Get Lindsay and Souttar involved  as well for the friendlies and test them all out. Bates too. Now is the time to blood them.

Edited by RabtheBruce
Typo