Match points change con - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match points change con

RDFH64

4 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Bit of a con that pre change points transferred into the new system as 1 point but when an away game is played now we will lose 2, unless i've picked it up wrong :mad: should have come over as 2 points. 

Aye, you're right. You picked it up wrong.

52 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Your a lot slower with informative comments than your are with the sarcasm 👏🏻

If you got 1 point for a game, you will lose 1 point when that game drops off. You won't lose 2 points in one go until the Hungary game drops off. That's if you got points for the Hungary game?

It’s a good point (no pun) how are points removed?

Is it last 10 games (home and away) with the last one regardless falling off? Or is it away games stay until an away replaces it, etc?

So to share the OPs confusion. If the last game in the 10 is an away one, then those two points drop off. If the last game in the 10 (or is it now 20) is a home one that drops off.

Im a bit confuses as well now.

J

48 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you got 1 point for a game, you will lose 1 point when that game drops off. You won't lose 2 points in one go until the Hungary game drops off. That's if you got points for the Hungary game?

Probably nae got them yet but will when they update the points, how about you?

Going by how they've screwed up over the last few months & the Hungary ticket debacle I've no confidence in them getting anything right.

3 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/scotland-supporters-club-membership/ssc-loyalty-points/

Home and away points are separately added and removed. On that basis it'd make sense that when two points are added for Hungary, one point is deducted for Georgia. 

That sounds to sensible a system for them to work, hope your right 👍

8 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Bit of a con that pre change points transferred into the new system as 1 point but when an away game is played now we will lose 2, unless i've picked it up wrong :mad: should have come over as 2 points. 

How is it a con? You got one point for attending an away game and you’ve still got that point. 

You won’t lose two points until the first 2 point game you attend drops off. 

16 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Probably nae got them yet but will when they update the points, how about you?

Going by how they've screwed up over the last few months & the Hungary ticket debacle I've no confidence in them getting anything right.

When the Hungary points go on, the Georgia game drops off. You will gain 2 points for the Hungary game. You will lose 1 point if you went to the Georgia game. If you didn't go to the Georgia game you lose nothing.

It's always best to check up on them. As you say, they do make mistakes. Give them a couple of weeks then check on the SCC website. 

1 minute ago, saintydave said:

So, are we saying, prior to the new system I had 5 points from 5 away games, my pal had none, he went to Hungary, and is going to peru/Mexico, so 6 points from 3 games against my 5 from 5. Hope that's no right 

Yes that is right. If he goes to home games and you don't he will also get points for attending those games.

6 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Yes that is right. If he goes to home games and you don't he will also get points for attending those games.

Surely awbodys old points should have been retrospectively doubled in line with the new system? Would be the fairest way?

43 minutes ago, saintydave said:

Surely awbodys old points should have been retrospectively doubled in line with the new system? Would be the fairest way?

You would have thought so but no. I think the theory was that those with the most points would stll attend the most games, and would already have more points therefore priority for tickets so would be able to build up their points more quickly.

Also re your point about having 5 points and your pal having none isn't quite right, as if they had no points then they wouldn't be able to get points for Hungary and remains to be seen what the allocations will be like for the other friendlies.

2 hours ago, saintydave said:

So, are we saying, prior to the new system I had 5 points from 5 away games, my pal had none, he went to Hungary, and is going to peru/Mexico, so 6 points from 3 games against my 5 from 5. Hope that's no right 

Your pal must've already had a decent number of points if he got a Hungary ticket.

3 hours ago, saintydave said:

Don't forget the 1 point you got for going to the Costa Rica game ;)

5 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

Don't forget the 1 point you got for going to the Costa Rica game ;)

It was all just hypothetical to see what the situation was..... 

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Should they have awarded home points retrospectively as well then?

Everyone was level on home points before (on zero) so no. 

I guess it will not matter for many people but it could be an issue for some at some stage. Not that anyone would ever know I suppose.